10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how people go from

to

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    That man would have 2 9mm bullets in his chest if he did that to me. Short and sweet, problem solved right then and there.
    Dont know whats worst, this wild west sterotype or the rager inn the video.

Luckly Ive never seen close to this, or even heard off it. Trough seing this video only makes me think what triggered it, something we don't hear from these cases often`?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Dont know whats worst, this wild west sterotype or the rager inn the video.

Luckly Ive never seen close to this, or even heard off it. Trough seing this video only makes me think what triggered it, something we don't hear from these cases often`?
    What? I didn't say I would duel him at high noon with a Colt revolver.. Did I word my post that poorly? Perhaps I should have just said "I would shoot him"? I don't know. What I do know it that it shouldn't be hard to decide which is worse between self defense and road rage.

What? I didn't say I would duel him at high noon with a Colt revolver.. Did I word my post that poorly? Perhaps I should have just said "I would shoot him"? I don't know. What I do know it that it shouldn't be hard to decide which is worse between self defense and road rage.
    Wild West isn't really duels, it's more like "shoot anybody who gets in your way".

Also, if we're going to assume you have a gun, why not assume he has a gun and rather than trying to run you off the road, he drove up next to you and shot you?

Or, much more likely, he'd have just shot you instead.
    That aside, the very fact that you are agressively driving your "I'm a tough motherfucker with a gun"-point with the same attitude shows you likely are all but that. You are simply acting too much like a negative gunowner stereotype for anyone to take you seriously. Either you're acting with the express intention to come across as the said stereotype with the intention to rile people up, or you simply really are one of those rare stereotype cases.

That stereotypical attitude includes, by default, overblown ego and lacking sense of realism, both which ooze from your comments that border on rage as soon as someone dares to cross your oppinion. You do not exactly give the calm observer any other choice than not take you seriously or not take you seriously.

I swear to fucking God if what the guy in the video did try to do that to me, I would pull over, drag him out of his car, take my fucking phone or something and break all the fucking teeth in his mouth. What he did is RIDICULOUS and dangerous. Hell, if I saw him do that to someone else (and it wasn't busy New York traffic/roads) I might do that.

I don't get roadrage for no reason, although I do like to drive fast, but I really hate it when people drive stupidly. That really isn't cool. I think the police should revoke more and more licenses from bad/crazy drivers.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 06:11 PM ----------

Oh and I'd have called the cops immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I swear to fucking God if what the guy in the video did try to do that to me, I would pull over, drag him out of his car, take my fucking phone or something and break all the fucking teeth in his mouth. What he did is RIDICULOUS and dangerous. Hell, if I saw him do that to someone else (and it wasn't busy New York traffic/roads) I might do that.

I don't get roadrage for no reason, although I do like to drive fast, but I really hate it when people drive stupidly. That really isn't cool. I think the police should revoke more and more licenses from bad/crazy drivers.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 06:11 PM ----------

Oh and I'd have called the cops immediately.
    But you've assaulted him so he has every right to press charges against you
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

He probably would have the right to press charges against me but I mean, look how crazy he is. You can't just drive around like a turtle and do nothing while trying to avoid him until one of you run out of gas.

I'd only "assault" him if he continued to pursue me. If he followed me once, even twice I'd just ignore it. But omg at the number of times he followed that guy.

I never fully understood road rage when I grew up in a rural area, then moved to Buffalo, NY. Now, as someone that lives in the Washington, DC area, I finally fully get it. The self important fuckers in this general vicinity regularly endanger the lives of others for no apparent reason other than a desire to assert some sort of artificial dominance. Throw in the way many people endanger cyclists here and I can fully see why someone would desire to beat the ever living fuck out of another driver.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, Jesus Christ. That wasn't the best way to put it. I'm sitting here trying to fight off ignorance and the moronic way of thinking that everyone is the same, and I sorta did it myself right there. My original post IS the way I would handle the situation, and really I'm done caring if people believe me. It has derailed this thread enough. I'm not responding to any more troll bait replies, OK haha you got me (not Reeve, the other 3).
    Actually, although I don't own a gun, as I said earlier, now that I've had a chance to really watch the video, I wouldn't blame you for shooting that guy. You would have had a real rational fear for your life.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Ive wanted to get out of my car and beat the shit out of people a few times. One time recently there was a car going steady with me in the left lane, there was a car coming up in the right lane so i had to use my breaks to get behind the car in the left lane. When i got behind that car he randomly starts going 10 miles slower than he was just because i was right behind him. I was tempted to follow him home and beat the living shit out of him. But then i found out it was a woman driver (big surprise lol) so i just called her a cunt 20 times in my brain and went on with my way.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    The most I experienced in terms of road rage actually happened this week. I was pulling out of my drive way and a car coming around the corner (probably 100 meters, more than enough time to see me and slow down) wasn't paying attention (it's a housing area - speed limit 25MPH) and ended up having to break hard. After that he started riding my tail pretty close, couldn't see his headlights in my rear view. After coming to a stop light that's on a slope and him being right up on my ass I let my car (a manual) roll back a little and he went ape shit honking and what not. After continuing to ride my ass ( I actually contemplated break checking him and forcing him to collide with me) and pulled around and flew past me. I saw him pulled over about half a mile down the road and couldn't stop laughing.

Not much of a story, but most drivers I encounter are just clueless with lane merging and forcing others onto the shoulder.

He doesnt have to see you and slow down if your backing out of your house. Hes in the roadway and your not so you yield.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post
    If it was the US, hopefully the driver would have had a gun. Could have shot his tires, or shot him once he started punching his window in. There, problem solved. One more lunatic removed from society.
    Chances are this bloke would have had a firearm as well and I can tell you who would have shot first and it wouldn't be the rational law abiding citizen behind the wheel of the silver ute.....

Mostly the few roadrage moments I had when cyclists without lights and typical ''badboy'' attire ride themselves right infront of my car, badly enough, I can't serve that dish back to them as, in any way im the one who was wrong, eventhough they are wrong... pretty annoying.

oh: And Belgian drivers, they're *brrrrrrrrrrr* ... and polish drivers, both are quite dangerous.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Or, much more likely, he'd have just shot you instead.
    That aside, the very fact that you are agressively driving your "I'm a tough motherfucker with a gun"-point with the same attitude shows you likely are all but that. You are simply acting too much like a negative gunowner stereotype for anyone to take you seriously. Either you're acting with the express intention to come across as the said stereotype with the intention to rile people up, or you simply really are one of those rare stereotype cases.

That stereotypical attitude includes, by default, overblown ego and lacking sense of realism, both which ooze from your comments that border on rage as soon as someone dares to cross your oppinion. You do not exactly give the calm observer any other choice than not take you seriously or not take you seriously.
    Except I never said or implied "I'm a tough motherfucker" I find the the use of a gun to be the exact opposite actually. It's not like I said "I would get out and beat the shit out of him", because I wouldn't.

I never got mad nor did I "rage" at anyone who crossed my opinion. I defended myself from personal attacks, that is all. If someone said "I don't think a gun would be the proper answer in this situation" I would respect their opinion, but that is not what people were saying. People instantly jumped on the "internet tough guy" crap and then started trolling me. Sure my original comment may have been poorly written but that is just part of who I am, "I would have shot him if he bull rushed my car like that" seemed like a boring comment to me, so I rewrote it. This is a forum after all, not a serious political discussion.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2012-12-20 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post

I've also had people do the old "OH LIGHT IS GREEN THAT MEANS GO GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW AAAH! PEDESTRIANS!! *hits brakes* *flips terrified pedestrians off and honks angrily because clearly the pedestrians are the irresponsible and inattentive ones*" a few times too many. A bit too common in morning traffic.
    Every time I walked home from school for 4 freaking years. A crosswalk that the light says people can turn to cut across, pedestrians or no pedestrians. Clearly they just forgot "always yield to pedestrians" and replaced it with "HE SHOULD HAVE MOVED FASTER! It's not my fault I ran over that cripple!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Thats crazy, not sure what I would have done tbh, probably the same as him and drive to the nearest police station. Lucky he had a camera going too, I never understand why people film their driving though, or is it to catch people out like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, dude went crazy.

Years ago, a semi tried to run me off the interstate, passenger side had to get in the grass. I swear I didn't do anything intentional. I don't even remember what transpired. But I'm a pretty defensive driver. If someone wants to pass me, I make it easy for them. I rarely go over the speed limit, stay in the slow lane unless I have to pass too. People get angry sometimes.

If dude did that to me alone, I'd try to get away. If my family was with me and he kept trying to run me off the road..yeah, I'd pull over and beat his ass.

Not a tough guy, just a father.

This Amsden guy is one crazy kid. Probaly one of those guys who starts all the road rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets just say driving in LA traffic when it's raining during a full moon at night is pretty intense.