View Poll Results: Would you want this Glyph while playing your Hunter?

Voters
210. This poll is closed
  • YES! All the time! I'd never see my pet again!

32 15.24%
  • Yes, I'd enjoy this option. But I'd still use my pet sometimes.

80 38.10%
  • I really do not care. I'm just here to shoot stuff.

12 5.71%
  • No, I don't like this. But I'd do it, if it was better for a fight.

14 6.67%
  • NO! NEVER! My pet is my best friend. I hate this! I'd never use it!

35 16.67%
  • Your ideas about a computer game offend me personally, and I wish harm upon you.

9 4.29%
  • I'm a Paladin, but I saw this in Recent Posts and want to vote.

28 13.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Why? Hunter is a pet class. The end. Why not give warriors a ranged spec? Cuz the are melee. Why not allow mages to tank and use melee attacks. Cuz they are a ranged caster. What you want is a mage, roll a mage.
    Warlock is a pet class and what do you know, they got a option to go petless with the new Grimoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Warlock is a pet class and what do you know, they got a option to go petless with the new Grimoire.
    Strangely enough, this thread is not about Warlocks. Wanna play a petless warlock, roll a warlock.

Strangely enough, this thread is not about Warlocks. Wanna play a petless warlock, roll a warlock.
    You sound kind of mad. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    No he sounds like the type of person who is smart enough to see the differences between hunter pets and warlock pets.

Or just introduce a new spec, Archer.

Not so, you just have to use plain speak with some people. It's not rocket science. There is a very good reason why I am against it. The devs have a hard enough time "balancing" hunters as it is, throwing in a HUGE change, and don't kid yourself the dynamic would be huge, would just muck it up. Sorry you failed to get a rise out of me, I know it makes you oh so happy to make other people mad. I am sure you can go find some wings to pull off of flies. Anyhoo, if you thought about it long enough, I am sure you could see that is would take more tweaking by far to make petless hunters measure up. I could tell you, but I don't feel the need.

How about hunter Fuses with is pet and gets buff but looses pet?

I'm a Paladin, but I've been wanting this for my Hunter Alt for pretty much as long as I've had him. <.<

I still don't think that the solution to a petless hunter spec is to make a petless hunter spec.
    With ranged weapon drops from raids only being needed by hunters now I could see them implementing another ranged class, like a Dark Ranger class, that uses bow/x-bows / guns.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

i love how so many people think having a petless ability means you would be forced to not have a pet... Has the player base becomes so simple minded to think that options are bad?

Sorry you failed to get a rise out of me, I know it makes you oh so happy to make other people mad. I am sure you can go find some wings to pull off of flies. Anyhoo, if you thought about it long enough, I am sure you could see that is would take more tweaking by far to make petless hunters measure up. I could tell you, but I don't feel the need.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-21 at 05:46 AM.

What on earth are you talking about?
    he doesn't grasp the idea that simply allowing a MM hunter to choose to remove his pet for an addition 20% damage done (replacing the pet damage) and picking up the passive buff wouldn't really change teh dynamic that much... in most cases it would solve the problems plaguing hunters right now when it comes to boss encounters that simply do not work with current pet mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. a Grimoire of Sacrifice for hunters?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsand View Post
    Why can't we just have range pets? Problem solved.
    i felt like ranged pet classes worked out fairly well in swtor, it would be interesting to see them add some ranged pets into WoW. warlocks have the imp, i dont see why they cant add more

I would just bake it into Marksmanship, but honestly pets add a lot of utility with buffs and Master's Call. That's not to mention keeping them on a secondary target in PvP to keep something from stealthing up, etc.

I dislike having to micromanage what is essentially a DoT with bad AI, so I'm not against the idea. I just don't think it'll happen.

Curious how stampede would work with this?...5 lil hunters run out and punch the enemy?

It's an easy call for me, I want an option to play without a pet.

The class is called "Hunter", not "Beast Tamer". Pets are a nice addition, that can be also great in some situations, but forcing you to struggle with poor AI all the time makes me wanna kill myself. Not to mention how bugged the pets can sometimes be. And damn, can't get past Epicus Maximus in Brawlers Guild, since my pet can't survive a second.

Give us a Grimore of Sacrifice. Nuff said.

this would be the beast change ever made to hunter class

the sad thing is blizzard claims to listen to the community... however on this like this that does have a large chunk of the hunter player base asking for it, its something they would never do. They rather make more bosses that work adversly against pets.

honestly how could they have even got garalon out of internal testing stage with the mechanics not working for an entire class and that is not the only boss whos mechanics simply do not function for an enitre class.

Concerning spells like Blink Strike and Lynx Rush and another pet-based abilities, it would be easiest to have some kind of temporary pet like Dire Beast uses, assuming we can get a pet-less spec. Or possibly just make it like A Murder of Crows where it's a simple DoT kind of thing applied by the Hunter.