View Poll Results: Would you want this Glyph while playing your Hunter?

Voters
210. This poll is closed
  • YES! All the time! I'd never see my pet again!

32 15.24%
  • Yes, I'd enjoy this option. But I'd still use my pet sometimes.

80 38.10%
  • I really do not care. I'm just here to shoot stuff.

12 5.71%
  • No, I don't like this. But I'd do it, if it was better for a fight.

14 6.67%
  • NO! NEVER! My pet is my best friend. I hate this! I'd never use it!

35 16.67%
  • Your ideas about a computer game offend me personally, and I wish harm upon you.

9 4.29%
  • I'm a Paladin, but I saw this in Recent Posts and want to vote.

28 13.33%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    idk if it's majority of hunters, if there's like 100 hunters posting on forums demanding for it (myself included) the rest 700.000(?) hunters haven't even heard about such idea I guess.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 01:55 PM ----------

now that I think of it... ranged pets, spitting poison / whatever would fix most problems in raids atm, don't even need this petless thing.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A hunter without his pet is just a rogue in disguise.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    True story, my first toon was a rogue, and I was used to another game where rogues could use bows/thrown weapons, so I leveled to 20 as a rogue using only my thrown weapon. So maybe you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexanna View Post
    Hunters have pets. If you like the idea of not having a pet, re-roll.
    There are 3 specs that have the same basic mechanic. I think differentiation is an welcome feature.

I would welcome such change, i like playing hunter and i love my wolf pet (who i've since level 10 and will aways keep around, because he's my buddy), but sometimes i want to be able to kill stuff and let my pet relax at some stable instead of getting him hurt or worse :*(

But seriously, MM basically has nothing to do with pets, can't we change it ? Plus wouldn't require truly that much balance, say we trade of some of the pet benefits (raid buff / special) for the dmg bonus ~ to what the pet would provide.

Not a very sound disagreement... The proposal is to have an OPTION, just as Warlocks do. Not make mandatory to hunters go solo.

Most warlocks still like to have their pets out, but there are situations where it's better to sacrifice and empower yourself, without some helper consuming your attention. Why is far-fetched that the hunters do the same?

I personally would love to have this option, and would probably use it all the time, if only for funsies.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Quote Originally Posted by Lexanna View Post
    Hunters have pets. If you like the idea of not having a pet, re-roll.
    To bad they're the only ranged physical damage class, which is a much stronger classification than "pet class"

Deleted
    I'd have to support this change unless there was some other ranged class that doesn't use spells, sadly there isn't.

A Warlock without his minion is just a Mage in disguise.
    A Ret Pally without magic is just a Warrior in diguise.
    A Feral Kitty without Cat Form is just a rogue in disguise.

These arguments are useless.

how about if someone kills my pet I get an enrage effect for 8 seconds like the old bestial wrath cant be cc'd and do more damage until killed (cant res pet with phoenix until buff expires). make it baseline. If someone kills my pet I get pissed!

I like the idea. Not because I dislike Pets or anything. It just sounds like a fun change.

THis is a solid way to make it work..

Skill of go away pet or what ever - hunter sends his pet away so that he can put all his focus on his marksmanship (grating a 20% damage increase and changing certain skills)

What ever buff was applied by the pet is now given by the hunter as a passive, if the pet offered a debuff it is not applied by Chimeria shot.

Lynx rush is a grouping of 9 shots that cause the target to bleed for same damage as normal

Blink strike instantly teleports the hunter behind the target causing the next attack to do 600% normal damage.

nothing else really needs to change.

An idea eerily similar to Grimoire of Sacrifice was suggested for Hunters about 3 years ago. You get a boost to damage abilities and your pets signature move. Too bad we didn't get it.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    because some people wanted to play archers instead of this generic archer/trapper/beast tamer fusion.
    I want to play as a Ninja class, but guess what. There are no ninjas in WoW, juse like THERE ARE NO FREAKING ARCHERS IN WOW.

Yea, Hunters used to be petless in Vanilla... largely because the pet AI was horrible and you could never keep them alive! But still.

It's another problem with WOW (not hating), the classes are too rigid and there's not much flexibility. No "Archer/Ranger" class being one example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    To bad they're the only ranged physical damage class, which is a much stronger classification than "pet class"
    And why would it matter if the damage you did was Physical or Magic, which btw now, a Hunter is MORE of a Magical Ranged Damage dealer. Don't believe me, go to AQ40 and fight the Physical damage Twin Emp and you see 90% of your shots are now immune. Arcane shot, Chimera shot, Cobra Shot, Explosive shot, Serpent Sting, and the Traps are all magical. The only shots we have NOT Magical are Auto shot and Kill Shot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Yea, Hunters used to be petless in Vanilla... largely because the pet AI was horrible and you could never keep them alive! But still.

It's another problem with WOW (not hating), the classes are too rigid and there's not much flexibility. No "Archer/Ranger" class being one example.
    I wasn't petless in Vanilla. In fact, my pet was the puller for Baron Geddon during MC.

As long as the hunter is forced to play with a pet active, he will always be my worst class ingame. My ideal hunter would be with a cyber outlandish set of a gun and armor of related theme without having a pet along.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would totally support the idea of MM becoming a "pure" ranged class w/o pet. Blizzard would need to work on making it so that it's not too overpowered so BM will still have its place in the game.

If blizzard decide to do something like that, it will be in the next expansion.