Dk solo 80-81 or 82

So, as the title sais. Will dr on stats outweigh the improved gear on 81-82? Compared to lvl 80.
    There are alot of really good gear available on 81 and even 82 including panda gems/meta.

Will I be able to get 124% avoidence on say a 82-82 char with that gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that going for a maxlvl of an expansion (80) to the next level into a new expansion is always a HUGE step down in stats. That together with the fact that there are ilvl 409 items, which can be worn at lvl 80 far outweighs all the items you could possibly get with 81/82 - simply by ilvl409 being better than almost everything you can get at 81/82 and you get more for the stats.
    In the end you'll be wearing the 409 ilvl items anyway...
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean 102.4% CTC?

I'm not sure how even a level 80 can manage that, even with 409 item level gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Do you mean 102.4% CTC?

I'm not sure how even a level 80 can manage that, even with 409 item level gear.
    102.4% isn't even a thing anymore. 80s can manage 124% is the avoidance cap against level 88 bosses, which is what Aelobin used to kill baleroc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    102.4% isn't even a thing anymore. 80s can manage 124% is the avoidance cap against level 88 bosses, which is what Aelobin used to kill baleroc.
    This is the first I've heard of this. So with 124% avoidance, you can't ever be hit?

This is the first I've heard of this. So with 124% avoidance, you can't ever be hit?
    that is correct

10+ Year Old Account
    what kind of hp do you have. could an 80 solo 25hc lk.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    what kind of hp do you have. could an 80 solo 25hc lk.
    I know a paladin has, not sure about dk.
    around 70k hp i believe

10+ Year Old Account
    The 102.4% chance changed when boss hit mechanics changed. a boss 3 levels above you (or more in the case of 80s vs cata bosses) cannot miss, as the miss chance reduces by 1.5% per level, and you have 3% to start with vs an equal level mob. As for avoidance, that turned into 1.5% per avoidance per level, and considering there's only two avoidances (block is rolled separately, so you either need 100% dodge + parry, or 100% block), the formula is 9% for +3 levels, and 24% for +8, resulting in 124%.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I know a paladin has, not sure about dk.
    around 70k hp i believe
    Yup, paladins have a rather easy job of it, I was surprised just how easy when I made that video. A dk has around 90k hp buffed in pure avoidance gear (BiS avoidance for level 80)