Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Cloak and Dagger looks SO fun

    Level 60 talent:
    Cloak and Dagger: Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.
    This + Shadow Dance + Subterfuge + Nerve Strike = Cheap shots for all! weeeeee

  2. #2
    Now, THAT looks interesting!

  3. #3
    Not to forget 150 energy in pvp

  4. #4
    it looks amazing/fun so it probably won't make it live..at least not in it's current form. if it does though, my god rogues will be great again =)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    it looks amazing/fun so it probably won't make it live..at least not in it's current form. if it does though, my god rogues will be great again =)
    I wonder if I'm not missing something that makes it attractive.
    As far as I see it's only use is in conjunction with Shadow Dance and Vanish.
    (ignoring initial stealth because well, whatever.)
    So it's basically a talent that requires a Cooldown to use.

    Vanish with it is on some levels a bit silly, because either you vanish fine, and would be able to open up on a target without really needing the teleport, or your vanish is impaired via shockwave/AoE fear, etc, making you unable to use the opener required to activate CaD.

    I can see the significant use of spam cheap shotting multiple targets without facing/range issues.

    But honestly I would have much prefered something akin to:

    Cloak and Dagger
    Your Shadowstep ability has no cooldown while in stealth, as well as under the effects of vanish or shadow dance.

    Same thing, less buttons, more utility since you don't -have- to hit the target when teleporting to them.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  6. #6
    I think you are missing something :P

    you are ignoring the stealth things for some absurd reason..
    (assuming subterfuge here.)


    opener gives you complete mobility to garote a healer and switch to another far away.
    vanish same again
    dance same again

    that is alot of mobility as and when you NEED it.

  7. #7
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I think you are missing something :P

    you are ignoring the stealth things for some absurd reason..
    (assuming subterfuge here.)


    opener gives you complete mobility to garote a healer and switch to another far away.
    vanish same again
    dance same again

    that is alot of mobility as and when you NEED it.
    So, it gives you one more port every few minutes or so if you spec into another talent? Whilst also having the requirement of being in stealth and having no way to do it friendly targets. Sounds a little lame, really.

    Will be fun for sub during dance, but pointless for the other specs. Meaning this is a poor talent.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-12-22 at 11:55 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    So, it gives you one more port every few minutes or so if you spec into another talent? Whilst also having the requirement of being in stealth and having no way to do it friendly targets. Sounds a little lame, really.

    Will be fun for sub during dance, but pointless for the other specs. Meaning this is a poor talent.
    I have to agree that it could use a lot more dazzle to appeal to "anything but sub", but I am quite pleased with the beginnings of an effort to make stealth useful again; if this were changed in a way to increase damage for non-stealth abilities activated out of stealth, or some-such...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    I have to agree that it could use a lot more dazzle to appeal to "anything but sub", but I am quite pleased with the beginnings of an effort to make stealth useful again; if this were changed in a way to increase damage for non-stealth abilities activated out of stealth, or some-such...
    It could be interesting to have some kinda on-demand short cooldown (a la 10-20 seconds or so) that would allow one stealth move to be used while being out of stealth.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    It could be interesting to have some kinda on-demand short cooldown (a la 10-20 seconds or so) that would allow one stealth move to be used while being out of stealth.
    Would a 40sec-1min CD hurt too much? Might be a good change, and make tier one talents actually somewhat relevant to non-sub.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Wootylicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Middle Of Nowhere, Finland
    Posts
    530
    wonder does it break roots..

  12. #12
    Seems like an amazing thing, but i don't see it overtaking Shadowstep in terms of reliable mobility.
    I can see a kill setup through shadowdance with Cloak and Dagger to pretty much screwing over the entire opposing team, in theory.

    You're also limited by your energy and the cost of Cheap Shot and Garrote, even with energy pooling.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

  13. #13
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wherever I am right now
    Posts
    92
    They need to add Sap to Cloak and Dagger IMO, that's one thing Sstep has over CaD, StepKick + StepSap etc... Unless they want it that way because it's choice xO

    However Subterfuge + Cloak & Dagger sound too much fun.

  14. #14
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,483
    expected a league of legends thread :P

    anyway it seems a good way to balance PvP without affecting PvE, changing mobility/snare/CC

    for one time: nice changes (overall) Blizz
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    2,757
    That would be horribly OP. Never would make it in.

  16. #16
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    I hope they continue to make these types of changes to the rogues. It's a fun buff and it's an effective ability.

    Now all I hope is for some new abilities replacing stuff like Eviscerate (e.g. for Subtletly), same ability or similar just different spell. And some improved spell effects.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    I wonder if I'm not missing something that makes it attractive.
    As far as I see it's only use is in conjunction with Shadow Dance and Vanish.
    (ignoring initial stealth because well, whatever.)
    So it's basically a talent that requires a Cooldown to use.

    Vanish with it is on some levels a bit silly, because either you vanish fine, and would be able to open up on a target without really needing the teleport, or your vanish is impaired via shockwave/AoE fear, etc, making you unable to use the opener required to activate CaD.

    I can see the significant use of spam cheap shotting multiple targets without facing/range issues.

    But honestly I would have much prefered something akin to:

    Cloak and Dagger
    Your Shadowstep ability has no cooldown while in stealth, as well as under the effects of vanish or shadow dance.

    Same thing, less buttons, more utility since you don't -have- to hit the target when teleporting to them.
    cloak and dagger combined with subterfuge will be amazing...i'm picturing a cc scenario of sap one guy, start blowing up another, blind who you sapped...if he trinkets, vanish and teleport cheap shot him...with subterfuge talent you still have access to garrote/cheap shot/ambush so you can teleport straight back to your kill target...all combined with smoke bomb, if done perfectly could be a ton of fun.

  18. #18
    If cloak and dagger allows you to break roots while shadow dancing then it may be worth it. Otherwise shadowstep hands down.

  19. #19
    Im confused. do we get offered hit and run or cloak and dagger...

  20. #20
    According to Blizzard, "Cloak and Dagger". "Hit and Run" is presumably another talent they are considering- and IMO would be the much better option for our class.

    Cloak and Dagger, if useful (and it looks it) will make sub even MORE mandatory for pvp, as it's essentially "improved vanish" for the other two specs, but has that effect PLUS the amazing danceportation. I don't think this is the best direction to take the class, but hey, it sounds fun and powerful, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •