Wind Lord Mel'Jarak 10 man normal pointers required

Hello all,

I was looking for tips for Wind Lord, I am a Resto Shaman. Last night was our second night on him, although the first was just getting used to the fight and we only really had a good 15 attempts.

We have little issues with CC or DPS I think the problems is the healing mainly mine.

P1 there is very little healing required, rain of blades, the K strike (dunno how to spell it) along with the glaives (dunno what it is called).

P1 problems, 3 or 4 times I died because I had Corrosive Resin while Rain of Blades up, as a Resto Shaman I have 1 instant cast on a 6 sec CD, so I struggled to heal myself and died.

When P2 Starts I always try and go into it with all my cd’s up.

P2 problems, is managing CD’s during rain of blades I try and get my defensive cd and my SWG as well as HTT available for P2 but after the first HTT tide is down I try and pop ascendance, hst and an instant healing rain, 3rd time is SLT, HST and a healing rain, but it just doesn’t seem to be enough.

Our set up was 1 tank, 3 healers and 6 dps.

Here are our logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2g2ctzboyv5qh9wi/ (I think the figures are skewed because we reset it quite a bit) I was fine for the first attempts and then after I started dying I couldn’t stop, it felt like quicksand and in the end I felt I couldn’t do anything right.

I never hit any wind bombs, until our best attempt and I just never recovered, our guild is about to stop raiding for Christmas and I don’t really want to leave it as it was, but then I think a break might do me good, I’ve always performed well on every other fight and never really had a shocker until last night.

Any pointers for my own personal performance are welcome, please try and keep it constructive.

Deleted
    If this thread of focused on improving your own game and not about the guild in all it would probably get better response in the shaman class forums.

As for the raids you should try to set up an rotation of def cds for the raid - if you pop yours at the first rain, druid does his and tranq on 2nd, a warrior could rally+demo 3rd, personal CDs 4th and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc30fc4496f6; 2012-12-19 at 03:30 PM.

Would have probably been better in shaman forums actually, but I like your idea's.

Which adds to you CC and which do you kill first? We went from killing the menders first to killing the trappers first, because they cause the most friction. If they are down you can stand there and just nuke down the other ones. But you have to make sure that all 3 menders get kicked after the 2nd group died because then you will have 3 menders.

We also had a lot of tries on this boss we found the enrage to be pretty tight.

I only see 1 Astral Shift cast in all those attempts. Astral Shift + Gift of the Naaru should keep you up through Corrosive Resin + Rain of Blades.

The CD rotation for P2 is key. Your comp doesn't appear to have as many tools for this as ours did (oh Spirit Shell, how do I love thee?). We found tranq wasn't enough on it's own and needed a second CD partnered with it.

Deleted
    CCing 2 Menders and then 1 of each of the other ones is probably the easiest tactic by far, just kill the menders first and you wont have to care about how to CC afterward since the correct ones will allready be CCed - when you got the 2 last pack of adds up you just aoe them down and have them die at the same time = you dont have to deal with raindmg with 1 pack up which is still pretty painfull.

Doing it this way will save all your cooldowns since he wont be doing so much damage with 2 packs up at all time, just be ready for the rain as you go into the last phase.

Deleted
    CC two trappers, one mender, one blademaster.

Have your rogue on the non-marked mender, tank interrupts the marked mender.

Tell your raid to learn how to aoe, spriest with 60k, warlock & mage with 90k, your warlock did more dmg with agony than seed/corruption, I don't know what he's doing but 100 hits with seed is not good.

Make sure the adds die as close as possible to minimize raid damage taken. Once P2 start make sure your ranged/melee stand on different sides to not kill them when the axe comes. Use CD rotation for blades, bloodlust, potions, execute, loot. With 3 healers you should have no problem healing p2 and the amount of cooldowns you have are more than enough. But with your current dps you should have trouble with the enrage timer.

If possible use a paladin tank, their selfhealing is stupid, ours did 60k HPS. I'd use two healers, one paladin tank if possible, makes p1 & p2 faster and overall the fight easier.

We don't really have a problem with CC, but for ther record we CC 2 menders, 1 amber shaper and 1 battle mender.

The problem is with healing CD's on P2, we just don't seem to have enough.

I tried not to use Astal Shift until P2. I swapped it in the end for stone bulwark totem so I could use it twice in quick sucession with call of the elements (I think that is what it is called.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    CC two trappers, one mender, one blademaster.

Have your rogue on the non-marked mender, tank interrupts the marked mender.

Tell your raid to learn how to aoe, spriest with 60k, warlock & mage with 90k, your warlock did more dmg with agony than seed/corruption, I don't know what he's doing but 100 hits with seed is not good.

Make sure the adds die as close as possible to minimize raid damage taken. Once P2 start make sure your ranged/melee stand on different sides to not kill them when the axe comes. Use CD rotation for blades, bloodlust, potions, execute, loot. With 3 healers you should have no problem healing p2 and the amount of cooldowns you have are more than enough. But with your current dps you should have trouble with the enrage timer.

If possible use a paladin tank, their selfhealing is stupid, ours did 60k HPS. I'd use two healers, one paladin tank if possible, makes p1 & p2 faster and overall the fight easier.
    two trappers, one mender, one battlemaster is the way to go mate.

3 heal and 1 tank is fine if the dps are good, if the dps are having issues based on above go 2 heal 1 tank, but ensure 2 trappers are cc'd for sure.

You need atleast 1 raid cd/healthstone/personal for each blade in p2 else ull be risking deaths, and people should not get hit by the whirling blade.

You can take 2 rain of blades ureself, 1 with SL + healthstone, 1 with the healing totem+personals if needed(we dont), then 1 war can take with rallying+banner, then druid with tranq, then druid with treant form ?, then personals+another healthstone, should be dead by then.

We're about to start on this one, and I had some questions too, so I'll piggyback on this kind person's thread.

I read that a mage's ice block can bust you out of an amber prison without anyone else having to get the debuff. Will this work with a resto druid's symbiosis-given ice block? Will a pally bubble have the same effect? Are there other sneaky ways of breaking a prison without losing dps/healing time?

Do the targets of a paladin's level 87 spell, Blinding Light, count against the total as a CC? How about other Daze effects?