Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    RIFT 2.1 Hotfix #3 - 1/10/13

Also, lesser runes w/o glorified, so the rep grind isn't quite so long before you see anything. Nice.

I'm happy about the frazzleweed in the higher zones it was kinda of shitty that it was needed for so many high level apothecary recipes and was so rare in Ashora and Steppes. (Don't think I ever seen any in Steppes)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Well I'll be dammed I missed this first time around until I read this Tweet. So you know can do cross realm raids!?!? I'm not talking about LFG where you que with random people at a trivial difficulty level you can now in fact invite cross realm with friends or strangers (either faction I might add) and raid. Now that's pretty sweet imo.
    20man cross realm raids sounds a bit LOL tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post

Actually many of the people I know from MMO-C are on another shard. You may just need a player or two for any given raid so it's nice that you have the ability to just invite joeblow@servername to your raid if needed. You don't have to create an entire raid from cross-shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Yeah, my RL friend is in a guild on Seastone and most of them are not heavy raiders, but they have a few that are ready and want to. My guild just happens to usually be a couple people short until we finish filling in our roster, so now I can pull in my RL Best Friend, a couple of his guildies, or Azuri if he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Into the second week of January and it seems its business as usual now at Trion, rolling out the tweaks and hotfixes at a regular rate

RIFT 2.1 Hotfix #4 - 8:00am PST 1/16/13 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 17/1/13 [EU]

GENERAL

* You can now move while casting Nexus Infusion.
    * You can now invite cross-shard players to Dimensions and Weddings!
    * Notoriety merchant Runes, Pets, and Costume pieces are now Bind to Account.
    * Notoriety merchant Minor Runes can be applied to Storm Legion gear as low as level 50.
    * Notoriety runes from PvP merchants are now Bind to Account.
    * Artifacts for the Tide Heralds set should now drop from Storm Legion water invasions.
    * Fixed some wonky thunder sounds used throughout the game.

SOULS

* Beastmaster: Enrage: No longer a channeled ability, and now deals Physical damage over 10 seconds. Increases Party and Raid member damage by 5%, Critical Hit Chance by 5%, and Critical Hit Power by 10%. Increases the Primal Companion's damage by 25%, Critical Hit Chance by 25%, and Critical Hit Power by 50%. Lasts 10 seconds.
    * Champion: Mark of Exclusion: Fixed a bug where this ability could be cast multiple times in a row.

ZONES

* Life Saga: The Changeling Revealed: Cealhaidh the Corruptor will no longer follow players around when they teleport during this quest.
    * Onslaughts: Increased the number of Invasions and the amount of the invasion buff when up against higher player counts and upgraded turrets.
    * Defiant or Guardian invasions should no longer attack Barrier Relays in Storm Legion zones.

ARDENT DOMAIN

* Ardent Domain Onslaughts should start back up properly after failing the Zone Event 'Feeding Frenzy'.
    * Auditorium Carnos Instant Adventures will now wait a minimum of 30 minutes between triggering.

IRON PINE PEAKS

* The Achievement 'To the Library!' can now be completed.

MATHOSIA

* Streamlined quest flow to get new characters into Silverwood more quickly.

PELLADANE

* Onslaughts: Corrected the unintentionally long fallow time between Onslaughts in Pelladane.

TERMINUS

* Streamlined quest flow to get new characters into Freemarch more quickly.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

* Triumph of the Dragon Queen: Fixed a case where the Altar of Sparks could become non-interactable if a player dies while under its effect.

CONQUEST

* Conquest queuing has officially changed - although some of these effects were appearing early on Live! While you can still select a team via the Join buttons, this is now treated as a preference and not an absolute. If your requested team is currently full, while another team has room, you will now join that team rather than remaining queued. If the entire match is full, you will remain queued until a space opens.

CRAFTING

* All crafting dailies that grant Notoriety now give 400 per turn-in.
    * Increased the currency cap for Master Craftsman's Marks to 500.
    * Reduced NPC sale value of 'trash' fish to 1/4 of their previous value.

ITEMS

* Epic Raid drops that required both the Heart of Crucia and the Heart of Regulos now require only one heart, plus an additional component purchased in Tempest Bay from the Raid Gear Merchant.
    * Epic Dungeon Vendor: Epic upgrades are now available for all Belts, Chests, and Helms from the Expert Dungeon store.
    * Dropped Raid gear can now be upgraded using Empyreal Marauder's Cells. Upgraded pieces gain the raid set bonus.
    * Pestilent Chain Leggings now have the correct Critical Hit Chance value.
    * Screaming Blade is now properly statted for tanking.
    * Empyreal Vanquisher's Dagger is now Unique-Equip to match the other paths of its upgrade tree.
    * Raid-tier helmets have received a stat increase.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...7-1-13-eu.html
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2013-01-16 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    LOVE the changes to account bound rep items and also making the hearts of Crucia + Regulos usable without each other!

Some very nice changes there. I especially like the CQ Que change, even though I hardly have time for CQ anymore, when I do get around to it it will be better this way I think. I still kinda wish it was totally random, this will however at least hopefully fill up Dom so we have 3 factions again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Business continues as usual at Trion as they keep rolling out the tweaks, here's Hotfix #5

RIFT 2.1 Hotfix #5 - 8:00am PST 1/23/13 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 24/1/13 [EU]

GENERAL

* All Spell and Melee Critical Hit Chance items have received an upgrade.
    * Adjusted the Onslaught area damage effect so it has a smaller radius, ticks more slowly, and has longer gaps between them appearing.

QUEUING

* When in an Instant Adventure group, joining a Conquest queue will only add you and not your entire group.
    * If you have queued for Conquest solo, and join a group before the queue pops, the invite will go only to you and not the entire group.
    * When a Conquest group invite occurs, only people who have selected a Conquest faction will receive an invite.
    * Corrected Conquest 'Join' buttons so that team preference is properly accounted for.

PVP/CONQUEST

* PvP: Silence is now affected by diminishing returns in PvP, and displays immunity status on nameplates just like Stun, Root, etc. do.
    * Conquest: Sourcestone can now be carried while mounted.
    * Conquest Guild quest, Destroy the Dishonored, no longer has an objective to take Extractors. If you still have an active version of this quest with this objective, you can either abandon it or petition for completion once the kill objective is complete.

SOULS

BARD

* Anthem of Glory: Fixed a bug with this ability breaking disguises granted from quests.

BEASTMASTER

* Call of Kinship: The heal over time effect now has a maximum stack size of 1 for ranks 1-7.
    * Call of Kinship rank 5 now displays the proper duration increase from Hunt Master.

ZONES

* Rifts: Increased the Torvan Hunter notoriety awarded by Great Hunt Rifts.

A HERO RISES [Chronicle]

* You now levitate much longer when first entering the mech suit.

ASHORA

* Volan: Volan will now cast Mortar Storm more consistently.

EASTERN HOLDINGS

* Zone Event: On the Hunt: Fixed boss broadcasts to only display in Eastern Holdings.

SERATOS

* IA: Fixed a case of players being teleported underground in Fetid Plains adventures.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

EMPYREAN CORE

* The wandering population near Doctor Perfidus will stop stacking on top of each other.

FROZEN TEMPEST

* Adjusted Crucia's Infinite Storm to add a bit more time to react to it during casting.
    * Increased range of the Crucia encounter mech's ability 'Static Cloud' by 5 meters.

STORM BREAKER PROTOCOL

* Drastically increased the damage of all Storm Breaker Assault Frame abilities.
    * Reduced the number of onslaught waves from 2 to 1 on the final terrace.

TOWER OF THE SHATTERED

* Added achievement point value for boss-kill achievements in this dungeon.

TRIUMPH OF THE DRAGON QUEEN

* Jultharin: Fixed an issue that could cause the spark walls to not appear.

CRAFTING

* Crafting Rift lures can no longer be used at Raid tears.
    * Reduced the experience payouts from 325+ skill crafting daily and weekly quests.
    * Changes to Fishing loot caches:
    - Fishing caches no longer drop straight cash - they now drop Artisan's Marks, new bind-on-pickup Dimension items, and recipes in certain zones (Ember Isle, Shimmersand, Stillmoor).
    - Other recipes that used to come from loot caches are now available as alternate rewards for some deep-water Rare Fish turn-in quests.
    - Consumables and Artifacts that used to drop from the rare fish turn-in Tackleboxes now drop from fishing loot caches.
    * Fish exchange dailies no longer steal your fish if you abandon the quests.
    * Feast of Vengeance: Now grants an appropriate amount of Critical Power.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...4-1-13-eu.html
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2013-01-23 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipmat View Post
    * reduced the experience payouts from 325+ skill crafting daily and weekly quests.
    nooooo whyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    * The wandering population near Doctor Perfidus will stop stacking on top of each other.
    OMG YES!

Although at this point, pulling two packs isn't the issue it was initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    - Fishing caches no longer drop straight cash - they now drop Artisan's Marks, new bind-on-pickup Dimension items, and recipes in certain zones (Ember Isle, Shimmersand, Stillmoor).
    This seemed weird to me initially (the concept of BoP Dimension items), but I guess some of the statues are that way already. Does the BoP nature remain in effect when they're dropped in dimensions that aren't mine?

* When in an Instant Adventure group, joining a Conquest queue will only add you and not your entire group.
    * If you have queued for Conquest solo, and join a group before the queue pops, the invite will go only to you and not the entire group.
    * When a Conquest group invite occurs, only people who have selected a Conquest faction will receive an invite.
    I joined an IA the other day to go do a Zone Event and while I was in the IA CQ Que popped and I was like wtf, I never joined CQ. Now I know what happened and it shouldn't happen again.

* Changes to Fishing loot caches:
    - Other recipes that used to come from loot caches are now available as alternate rewards for some deep-water Rare Fish turn-in quests.
    - Consumables and Artifacts that used to drop from the rare fish turn-in Tackleboxes now drop from fishing loot caches.
    I guess this gives bots less valuable things to sell making it less attractive to bot?

Rifts: Increased the Torvan Hunter notoriety awarded by Great Hunt Rifts.
    I wonder by how much, anyone know? Awesome change though, perhaps this will motivate me to finish that grind this weekend.

Drastically increased the damage of all Storm Breaker Assault Frame abilities.
    Not sure this makes a huge difference at that point, but I guess for guilds that are just getting Expert Ready and don't PuG it's a nice boon. However, you can skip half the trash and an entire boss in that place anyway. Nice change still.

Jultharin: Fixed an issue that could cause the spark walls to not appear.
    Nothing about fixing the vine strat though. Anyone know if they fixed that as well? I really don't like cheesing encounters, at least not in raids, especially ones that are not really that hard to begin with. My guild insists however.

Deleted
    theres a Jultharin exploit? lol that guys check was easy on week one with blues and greens as gear :S Expert CC Jultharin in 1.0 was twice as hard actually.. Oh well~
    The most important bit that will come with 2.2 from what i know is that at least they are now working on fixing the 4th boss EE exploit which certain people have used to help clear the last bit of SL raid content :P

Quote Originally Posted by NeedDeeps View Post
    theres a Jultharin exploit? lol that guys check was easy on week one with blues and greens as gear :S Expert CC Jultharin in 1.0 was twice as hard actually.. Oh well~
    The most important bit that will come with 2.2 from what i know is that at least they are now working on fixing the 4th boss EE exploit which certain people have used to help clear the last bit of SL raid content :P
    Yes, you can jump up the vine to the right as you enter the room. Get one person up there, use Arhon Point to Point to get the whole raid up there, rogue tank can teleport through the lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    An hour earlier than usual and part of the 4 hour maintenance for NA, here's hotfix #6

Some sweeping merfs to Crucia, a few possible fixes for fish bots and Conquest leechers, nearly all mounts will scale to your fastest, let the games begin

RIFT 2.1 Hotfix #6 - 7:00am PST 1/30/13 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 31/1/13 [EU]

GENERAL

* Swift mounts (110% speed) and higher now all scale to your fastest purchased mount's speed. [Currently the Swift Spotted Valmera is not scaling like it should after this change.]
    * The Specialty Crafting Goods vendors in Sanctum and Meridian now sell lower-tier planar dusts in exchange for the next higher tier dust.
    * All Feasts now persist through death - whether you respawn, resurrect, or Soul Walk.
    * Warrior PvP PA: Thunderous Leap can no longer be used in instances other than Conquest/Warfronts - such as Dungeons, Raids, Weddings, etc.
    * Corrected some unreachable Artifacts and some sneaky typos!
    * Fixed a bug where characters who temporarily had Storm Legion access (on a trial basis) would lose the Prestige they had gained at the end of the trial period.

PVP/WARFRONTS

* Teleporting to a Dimension from an active Warfront now applies the Ascended Disgrace debuff.
    * Personal Mailboxes can no longer be summoned in Warfronts.
    * Conquest: Conquest Marks are now granted to all participants for every 100 kills that occur during a match.

ZONES

* Instant Adventures for 'Complete Zone Event' will now only trigger for IA groups of 3+ players.
    * Fixed the Instant Adventure ready window disappearing immediately when queuing for IA with a group.
    * Completing the Chronicle 'A Hero Rises' now properly grants Eternal City Survivors notoriety.

ASHORA

* Daily: The Thirst Quencher: Added some new spawns and moved some scouts out of rocks. Lowered scout respawn time.
    * Daily: Snake Charmer: Increased spawn rate of snakes, reduced their wandering distance, and moved some further away from the rocks.

ENDLESS ECLIPSE

* Goloch: Slightly increased the casting time of Baleful Smash.

FROZEN TEMPEST

* Reduced the number of Stormborn Talons to 1 in each pack prior to Crucia.
    * Crucia:
    - Reduced the health of all constructs in phase 1 by 30%.
    - Reduced the number of shields on all constructs to 5 (from 10).
    - Decreased the cooldown of Dissipation Blast to 10 seconds, down from 20.
    - Players are no longer stunned when Crucia goes airborne at 60%.
    - Reduced the number of Wind Lash phases from 3 to 1.
    - The projectile that creates Storm Cannons travels much faster now, removing a situation where there are no cannons to negate Exploding Tempest.
    - Dying on the second platform no longer creates Scattered Storms.

CRAFTING

* Fishing: Fishing just got more dangerous for characters more than 20 levels below the level of the zone they're fishing in - Fisherbot is on patrol!
    * Fishing: Improved the cash payout for completing Fishing Derbies. Additionally, level 50+ characters now get both Planar Attunement experience and Uncle Stan's Tacklebox as rewards.

ITEMS

* The Screaming Blade now has Deflect rather than Attack Power.
    * Dimensions: The Round Flesh Rug dimension item is now scale-able.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...1-1-13-eu.html
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2013-01-30 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Added dates and times, doh !

10+ Year Old Account
    and my fucking guild got to 23% farthest attempt, just making work of the final sub 30%...

FUCK YOU TRION!!! I hate when bosses get nerfed!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing: Fishing just got more dangerous for characters more than 20 levels below the level of the zone they're fishing in - Fisherbot is on patrol!

Daily: Snake Charmer: Increased spawn rate of snakes, reduced their wandering distance, and moved some further away from the rocks
    *applaud* /10char

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Well thankfully you aren't the designer of the game. I hope this is mostly sarcasm, because being seriously angry at a company for balancing their own game is pretty silly.

Especially considering the whole talk of adding hard modes, it's natural to see they want to expand the scope of their raiding scene since they do such a good job with the encounters. Just wait for those, I'm sure they will have you smashing your head on the wall all over again!
    BAD WOLF

and my fucking guild got to 23% farthest attempt, just making work of the final sub 30%...

I completely understand your frustration. I always like to get bosses down before they are nerfed as well. Sadly, this past week we have not even had enough raiders to step into the 20 mans this week. Fat chance I'll get it down before it gets nerfed yet again.

* Instant Adventures for 'Complete Zone Event' will now only trigger for IA groups of 3+ players.
    Well, there goes joining IA just for Zone Events, I guess you can still use it as a teleport to the zone though. That or if more people start using it nothing will change.

* Daily: The Thirst Quencher: Added some new spawns and moved some scouts out of rocks. Lowered scout respawn time.
    * Daily: Snake Charmer: Increased spawn rate of snakes, reduced their wandering distance, and moved some further away from the rocks.
    Nice changes, those were some of the most annoying dailies if there were a large amount of people doing them. For the scouts though, I kinda liked the guys in the rocks. If you used a /tar lost macro you could find them, hug the rock, toss the item and get credit. Most people appeared to not know this so there were 3 scouts I could almost always count on tagging, kill a couple extractors and tag those 3 again. Was kinda nice, but hopefully more spawns will mean not much change in time spent for me and speeding up for those that didn't know the trick.

What I still don't see and bothers me is fixes for the bugged sab build and a fix for cheesing Jultharin, unless of course they ninja fixed them. I guess I'll find out on Friday when we go to do 10 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well thankfully you aren't the designer of the game. I hope this is mostly sarcasm, because being seriously angry at a company for balancing their own game is pretty silly.

Especially considering the whole talk of adding hard modes, it's natural to see they want to expand the scope of their raiding scene since they do such a good job with the encounters. Just wait for those, I'm sure they will have you smashing your head on the wall all over again!
    What balancing? Have you ever done Crucia? The fight has bugs that needs to be fixed (like holding onto thin air while in combat, which causes everyone to die when you get to her room, which the only way to negate it is to soft reset the instance), or not coming to the ground correctly in the final phase. I am not entirely sure what Wind Lash or Dissipation Blast are since I mostly play a DPS and I understand the things I need to be concerned about.

And you ain't understanding the issue from my perspective. We were on the final phase of the fight, and one of the core mechanics of it was making sure players do not die, or else those Scattered Storms spawns and causes further raid damage, further enticing that its recommended to keep everyone alive. Now some of it isn't really needed, like the phase 1 nerf. That I don't care much of since we were going through that without a problem. However, these nerfs aren't going to make the fight easy as hell, in comparison to how wow does it, the learning curve will be reduced, especially for a final boss, and the ending reward won't be as big when guilds like mine are making good progression on it.

Deleted

well tbf with you I've watched a few streams of guilds that have recently reached crucia or have been on her for 3-4 weeks and they are all stuck on that anti-derp last 30% part. There are always some exceptions, but this is simply a way of making sure all those casual raiders will get to clear that content.

This is after all the intro tier and with the small class buffs every patch and by nerfing all the dps/skill checks this will soon become the new gsb/ros aka the pug-tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, there goes joining IA just for Zone Events, I guess you can still use it as a teleport to the zone though. That or if more people start using it nothing will change.
    I think what they mean is that if your group is only 2 or less it wont stop spawning IA quests for you to do, forcing u to go deal with the event to continue IAs. Or am i reading that wrong? Should be helpful for those lower zones were people are trying to level as fast as possible.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 05:10 PM ----------

* Swift mounts (110% speed) and higher now all scale to your fastest purchased mount's speed. [Currently the Swift Spotted Valmera is not scaling like it should after this change.]
    * The Specialty Crafting Goods vendors in Sanctum and Meridian now sell lower-tier planar dusts in exchange for the next higher tier dust.

Very happy to see those too.
    Last edited by Trialtm; 2013-01-30 at 05:10 PM. Reason: derpin