10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

So Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is coming near it's release at February 5th so I thought I'd make this Megathread for this as this game totally deserve it. It's almost been 11 years since Sly Cooper: The Thievius Racoonus (first game) was released, and in some months Sanzaru Games will make alot of Sly fans wish come true. Sanzaru Games seems to do a pretty good job of the previous Sly Games that Sucker Punch developed and created.

PHP Code:
    <!-- Begin of mycountdown.org script --> <div align="center" style="margin:15px 0px 0px 0px"> <noscript> <div align="center" style="width:140px;border:1px solid #ccc; background: #; color: #300DBF;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;"> <a style="text-decoration: none; color:#300DBF;" href="http://mycountdown.org/Special_Day/Anniversary/">Anniversary Countdown</a></div> </noscript> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://mycountdown.org/countdown.php?cp3_Hex=0F0200&cp2_Hex=040244&cp1_Hex=300DBF&ham=0&img=&hbg=1&hfg=0&sid=0&fwdt=180&lab=1&text1=Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time&text2=Launch...&group=Special Day&countdown=Anniversary&widget_number=3010&event_time=1360022400&timezone=UTC"></script> </div> <!-- End of mycountdown.org script --> 

Here's some material for you from E3 2011 when it was announced until now:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Wiki

Sly's Ancestors that have been announced for gameplay:

Riochi Cooper
    Rioichi Cooper is Sly's ninja ancestor from Japan. He wielded twin hooked sais and a bamboo cane. He was one of the most skillful thieves in the Cooper Clan. Back in Feudal Japan, he scaled rooftops and entered many palaces undetected. In the Thievius Raccoonus, it is said he stole from a wealthy assassin. He is best known as the creator of the Ninja Spire Jump and Leaping Dragon Technique. Rioichi, a master chef, also invented sushi and owned a renowned sushi restaurant in Japan. He is voiced by famous voice actor Steven Jay Blum. It has been shown that Rioichi Cooper will be the first ancestor that you meet in Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.

"Tennessee Kid" Cooper

"Tennessee Kid" Cooper is Sly's Western-outlaw ancestor from late-nineteenth century America. The "Kid" in his name alludes to Billy the Kid or Sundance Kid, both famous historic outlaws of the American west. He carried a six-shot revolver with a hooked handle as his "Cooper Cane". Tennessee Kid also invented the rail walk and rail slide which he utilized to make stage coach and steam engine heists. He left his revolver and his hat in the Cooper Vault alongside his wealth and legacy. He is seen smoking a cigar in his picture. Tennessee Kid guarded his loot by testing the intruder with his signature move which consisted of rail sliding a figure-eight railroad track powered by inertia. It has been confirmed that "Tennessee Kid" Cooper will be the second ancestor you see in Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.

Sir Galleth Cooper

Sir Galleth Cooper is Sly's ancestor from 13th century England. He is an honorable knight and cunning thief who fought with a lance in the shape of the Cooper crook. He is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

Salim al Kupar of Arabia

Salim al Kupar was Sly's ancestor from Arabia. He was often said to hold the stealth of 40 thieves, a reference to Ali Baba.

Ancestor(s) that might be in the Game:

Henriette "One Eye" Cooper
    enriette "One Eye" Cooper was a female member of the Cooper Clan and a pirate from the 17th century colonial Caribbean. She sailed the seas and stole from other pirates, which is what Sly does when he sails the seas of Blood Bath Bay. She also had the innate ability to smell gold. Originally wielding a dagger with the Cooper crook serving as the handle, she presumably lost a paw and replaced it with a prosthetic hook shaped like the trademark Cooper crook. She was immortalized in the Cooper Vault, along with her loot with her Hook on display. She protected her loot with an obstacle containing overturned boats with skulls that were lit on fire on a pulley system.

Picture proving that she might be in the game:

If you see behind Murray, there is a pirate ship and the world around Murray seems very pirateish.

Villains
    El Jefe
    A smoking, ruthless, tiger dictator that acts as a boss in the game. He thinks highly of himself, as shown by the 1000 foot statue that he built of himself. He has fire and lightning powers.

"Black Tyrant"
    It is unknown who this villain really is, but he was the one who trapped Sir Galleth in the circus Sly rescues him from in The Amazing Cooperoni.

Clockwerk
    It is unknown what role Clockwerk plays in Thieves in Time, but a mention of his existence was shown on the Dragon Claw Statue; scratched into the bottom were the words "Clockwerk Was Here". Glen Egan stated in an interview that he wouldn't be surprised if Clockwerk had something to do with the plot.

The Collector
    Two pieces of artwork that were released show a reptilian/amphibian character known as the "Collector". The Comic Con trailer showed him taking the "world" from El Jefe, suggesting that he is El Jefe's employer. It is also inferred that he might be the main villain in Thieves in Time.

Ms. Decibel
    An elephant whose appearance in the game was confirmed by an image. It is unknown what her role is in the game.

Grizzle B
    As with Ms Decibel, a piece of generated artwork confirms him. It is unknown what his role is in the game.

Costumes
    Disguises from Sly 3 have also returned, but they now have more features. Each of these new Costumes has one or two special abilities. When using a costume in the time period it was obtained from, the guards do not attack (this is passive; Bentley no longer needs to transmit a code for Sly to repeat). The costumes that have been announced to date are:

Samurai Costume (Feudal Japan) – Fireproof and comes with a shield ideal for deflecting projectiles
    Archery Costume (Medieval England) – Allows Sly to fire arrows (whenever a bucket of arrows is next to him) that will allow him to create a rope line for him to walk across.
    Gypsy Costume (Ancient Arabia) – Comes with a powerful scimitar, as well as an hourglass staff that can be used to slow down time

Gameplay:

Clue Bottles have been confirmed to make their re-appearance in this game; however, the rewards in the safes will apply to all characters, not just one. Treasures are also returning from Sly 2, sly automatically gets money for treasure when he reaches the hideout enterance, and they are displayed on a new treasure wall in the Safe House. Collecting all of them will unlock a special reward.

Secret Sly Masks are a brand new collectible. It is a Cooper insignia spinning and jumping (similar to Lives from Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus). There are sixty total masks to be found in the entire game, but their reward is not known.

The Safe House has some new features as well which include:

Treasure wall - a display of every treasure the player has found and brought back to the Safe House unharmed.
    Costume gallery – a display of every costume the player has gained so far, as well as the option to wear it in whatever episode the player is currently in
    More characters - An ancestor can be selected from the Safe House in their time period when they have been unlocked, as well as Carmelita when she joins the gang in episode 2

Videos and Trailers:

E3 2011 Trailer

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time SDCC 2011 Trailer

Gamescom 2012 Trailer

Story Trailer

Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time - Augmented Reality

Sly Cooper El Jefe Boss Fight (2011 Version)

Sly Cooper El Jefe Boss Fight (2012 Version)

Feudal Japan Hub

Mission from the first level

Tutorial Level

Anyway, thanks for reading, please carry on the discussion here. I'm really excited now and Open Demo will release on January 5th and game on February.

UPDATE:

2 Hour of Sly Footage (from December 18th on IGN Live)
    Last edited by Lyseria; 2012-12-25 at 02:56 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool thread, anything about Penelope? :O Just thought she would travel with the team since Sly 3 left off with her and Bentley working on the Time machine.

I've always wanted to play these games since they seem like the type of games I'd really enjoy. I subtly hinted to my boyfriend that I wanted the collection for Christmas, so hopefully I'll get a chance to try them out! This game looks really solid though, and it's nice to see the series still going strong. Very cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I've always wanted to play these games since they seem like the type of games I'd really enjoy. I subtly hinted to my boyfriend that I wanted the collection for Christmas, so hopefully I'll get a chance to try them out! This game looks really solid though, and it's nice to see the series still going strong. Very cool.
    Indeed it is. I got the sly collection like last year and I played it through and got all platinium trophies.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 05:19 PM ----------

This was when one of my favorite games when it released on the PS2. I have always loved the Sly series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added Info about Henriette ''One-eye'' Cooper, she seems to be in the game as seen in a picture of Murray at a Pirate bay.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 06:43 PM ----------

added photo of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time cover.

These games along with the Ratchet and Clank series is some of the most influential games I played when I was younger, absolutely astounding games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the new Sly Cooper isn't getting enough hype. I've barely heard anyone talking about it and yet it's one of my most anticipated games of this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    New animated video of Sly out! Check it out:

Deleted
    *SPOILERS* Here's the ending cutscene for you to see! Thanks for watching!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I need to play the previous Sly games before this one? I just bought this one and was wondering if it was alright to play it first.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Would I need to play the previous Sly games before this one? I just bought this one and was wondering if it was alright to play it first.
    I don't think so, but you should play all 3 games before you play Thieves in Time just so you can understand whats going on. 1,2, and 3 follow the same Story line, but Thieves in Time kind of (somewhat) diverts from the main story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sly never had a shot in the gaming market... from what I could tell from the demo when I played it ages ago... it was more of a child influenced game... So when you have this game competing against two franchises like Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank... it's hard to get anywhere... Especially when both those games were blowouts and were renowned for being the best linear campaign games for the ps2 market. I wouldn't mind trying sly, I just wouldn't buy it before I bought the Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank remastered series.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Sly never had a shot in the gaming market... from what I could tell from the demo when I played it ages ago... it was more of a child influenced game... So when you have this game competing against two franchises like Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank... it's hard to get anywhere... Especially when both those games were blowouts and were renowned for being the best linear campaign games for the ps2 market. I wouldn't mind trying sly, I just wouldn't buy it before I bought the Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank remastered series.
    I've been playing Sly 4 and might I say it's fantastic. Yes I'm also a huge R&C fan, in fact that IP is my favorite out of all the Sony IP's. Sly 4 feels amazing and though the loading screens may be a tad bit long sometimes, it's still something special and you don't get many games like it anymore.
    Hey everyone