Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrapper View Post
    I checked the class system, and if I understod it correct.. I can be a ranged assassin which also is a sabotager with a guitar? If that's right.. This game sounds interesting. -.o
    Yes, you can be some crazy bard combo if you like. The game has lots of customization within the souls. Not everything is going to be great, or synergetic, but you can technically do whatever you want.

    The rogue tree has different types of rangers, melee, bard, and even a tank soul I believe. How you want to combine those is really up to you. (Results my vary, lol)

  2. #142
    Friendly reminder, let's not go down the game vs. game road guys. It leads to infractions and thread closures : (

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm sorry, but the millions of lost subscriptions and overwhelming vocal complaints disagree with your opinion. Also, clearly using negative 10 was embellishment. I didn't think that needed to be explained. Also,

    Rift was still a better game with less room for overall improvement, which is the point.
    There's a vocal complaint, EVERY expansion, and there are always more complaints than there are compliments. In actuality I would say the reason "people disliked cata the most", is because it was the most recent and the people were the most drained of WoW. I saw nothing greatly wrong with Cata compared to others, and enjoyed very many aspects of it, however I did quit in it. So Your "loss of subscription" just doesn't really cut it, because I imagine there were very many others like me, and I imagine the sub number will fall just as much in MoP for this reason.

    I quit because I have been playing since 2006, and have burned the game out - alongside the fact I can't dedicated the time I would need to to enjoy it.

    My friends quit because they don't want to pay sub fees for a game they don't play as much when games like GW2 are sub free and don't require certain commitments to be made to enjoy fully.

    All of us still consider WoW to be a fantastic MMO with the most deep and rich lore including in Cataclysm, with Firelands being our favourite patch. All of us are still quit - we didn't come back for MoP but we were not driven away by Cata.

    I disagree that rift was a better game, I tried it on trial - there were some good aspects to it but it was very similar to WoW without the lore I had grown to love through Warcraft and years of playing the game. I also disagree there was less room for improvement with Rift, and consider that to be entirely subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  4. #144
    would definitely play rift again if it was f2p or a bit cheaper but im still enjoying wow with my raiding guild, guild meetings and all - another 12 euros for a game i'd play inbetween maybe only 2-3 times a month isn't my thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I said you were making yourself sound like one. By not reading this thread, responding completely out of context, and using WoW subscription numbers as some kind of relevant point...that's what you did. If you think that somehow translates into me 'calling' you one, then maybe your subconscious is doing wonders.

    If this is the best response you can give, I think you should try your hand in the off topic forums before you come back to try serious posting.
    Hmm.. lets see here;

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm sorry, but the millions of lost subscriptions and overwhelming vocal complaints disagree with your opinion.
    You dont really seem to practise what you preach do you?

    Anyways, that was the last offtopic-post from me. If you want to continue with your great OT-arguments against me then feel free. I wont reply to it anymore.

    On Topic;

    I bought the expansion and got 3 days of game time. Did they scrap the free month or maybe they never had that in rift?

  6. #146
    People vote with their wallets, Rift was destroyed in the wake of WoW and they made huge free to play options, why is this even a discussion?

    It's great that you like Rift more, to each their own, but at the end of the day the majority prefer WoW and that's why it's so much more successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

  7. #147
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,243
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    You dont really seem to practise what you preach do you?
    I don't think you understand the meaning of responding in context. My response spoke to the discussion on why Rift can't have the most improved game, but completely deserves best expansion. Your response had nothing to do with that...at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    On Topic;

    I bought the expansion and got 3 days of game time. Did they scrap the free month or maybe they never had that in rift?
    This is also not On Topic. Please try again.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 11:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    People vote with their wallets, Rift was destroyed in the wake of WoW and they made huge free to play options, why is this even a discussion?

    It's great that you like Rift more, to each their own, but at the end of the day the majority prefer WoW and that's why it's so much more successful.
    Well if this kind of garbage is what this thread is attracting now, might as well close it down before even more people come in here using WoW for their own agenda instead of intelligently responding to the topic at hand.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    People vote with their wallets, Rift was destroyed in the wake of WoW and they made huge free to play options, why is this even a discussion?

    It's great that you like Rift more, to each their own, but at the end of the day the majority prefer WoW and that's why it's so much more successful.
    I pay $15 and get content. You pay $15 and get excuses. Sorry to break this to you and this maybe the comment that gets this closed, but get off the fucking high horse and face reality. No WoW player has any right to come in here on their soap box and preach to Rift players about which game is better.

    We ALL KNOW and this is a WIDELY accepted fact that WoW was best in Vanilla/BC and some parts of WotLK. After that it was on life support wih a devoted player base saying "well maybe this expansion Activision might change"
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  9. #149
    Closing this down since despite a polite warning, the off topic game vs. game debate is still going on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •