Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The prevalence of the word overrated is so awful. It's a copout for people with superficial opinions to seem superior; that's not helped by his little marketing jab. You didn't like the game. Ok, good, you've got a different opinion. Now tell us why, dammit, so we can all maybe learn something from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    The prevalence of the word overrated is so awful. It's a copout for people with superficial opinions to seem superior; that's not helped by his little marketing jab. You didn't like the game. Ok, good, you've got a different opinion. Now tell us why, dammit, so we can all maybe learn something from it.
    6,666 hehe...

Meh... I don't like WoW anymore but a few million other folks do. So while I might have my opinion its not like its that important in the grand scheme of things. I would love to see what BSI's sales numbers are so far.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

No thanks, ive noticed the fanboys in this thread so whatever my critiques are with the game, people are going to hop on my nuts and say I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    No thanks, ive noticed the fanboys in this thread so whatever my critiques are with the game, people are going to hop on my nuts and say I am wrong.
    The logic...it's astounding. If someone likes a game, they're a "fanboy"; if they dislike it, they're a "hater". Again, I don't care if you like or dislike a game, I care why. But whatever. I like the game, you don't. Moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who keeps wanting to call him Father Comcast?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Am I the only one who keeps wanting to call him Father Comcast?
    I keep trying to type "Cornstalk". I hate the name, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Minor Spoiler*

I don't know if i could have avoided getting my hand stabbed by the ticket attendant, but it really bugs me that Mr.Macho here cant help but punch the elevator button with his injured hand... Every time. Also, why do i always find money in the trashcan :O

I didn't like the game. It isn't worth 60$. Visuals were very good and refreshing but that was it basically. Combat was repetitive. Story was very lacking and ending made no sense to me. Bioshock Infinite isn't your generic hollywood blockbuster movie that's for sure, but it's not a Memento, or Usual Suspects either. Just because of the theme, some people pretended this game was something else, while it is not really. There were no choices in the game. You are asked to choose between a bird or a cage, when your choice doesn't change anything at all. 2 weapons only, useless vigors, repetitive non interactive generic NPCs in an ultra linear package. Meh :/

On top of that there was this crashing issue i had and the stuttering. They had all this time in their hands yet you are still having problems within the game. That was lame really.

Everything is hyped nowadays. I'd give this game a 7 at best. Score would have been higher if the price had been lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had any crashes though i have had freezes which last a few seconds. The combat is a major turnoff, though the first battle with both Tears & Rails was fantastic! I havent had another fight like that one yet, but high hopes! And the two weapons is really loose, its not expensive to upgrade at least 3-4 and swap around. There is no trouble finding the guns all over the place if your feeling stale with your currents.

Quote Originally Posted by juggerneat View Post
    I didn't like the game. It isn't worth 60$. Visuals were very good and refreshing but that was it basically. Combat was repetitive. Story was very lacking and ending made no sense to me. Bioshock Infinite isn't your generic hollywood blockbuster movie that's for sure, but it's not a Memento, or Usual Suspects either. Just because of the theme, some people pretended this game was something else, while it is not really. There were no choices in the game. You are asked to choose between a bird or a cage, when your choice doesn't change anything at all. 2 weapons only, useless vigors, repetitive non interactive generic NPCs in an ultra linear package. Meh :/
    The lack of choices, and the small amount of choices you can make don't matter, because they reinforce the theme.

On top of that there was this crashing issue i had and the stuttering. They had all this time in their hands yet you are still having problems within the game. That was lame really.

Everything is hyped nowadays. I'd give this game a 7 at best. Score would have been higher if the price had been lower.
    I had no issues. Odd. Did you update your drivers, maybe...?

Who cares about hype? So I'm supposed to lower my opinion of the game because X people think it's the best game ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juggerneat View Post
    Unless everyone with your specific setup has the same issues, it's more or less the fault of you/your pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think i preferred #1 and 2 ...rapture just scares me to hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i think i preferred #1 and 2 ...rapture just scares me to hell
    Rapture was a fantastic world for sure, but that's not what Bioshock was in the minds of the devs.

The lockpick system is infuriating. I've just realized I have to throw 2 hours of gameplay out the window because a door arbitarily closed for no good or apparent reason at a certain point of the story, and doesn't let me take the elevator back up again. Missed an infusion. Played a bit further hoping it'll open again but story's just taking me further away.
    At this point, I'm considering rolling back ~6 hours to return to a place where I could farm infinite lockpicks via respawning enemies. Of all the possible things the one the devs fucked up is the only one that can (and has) ma(k/d)e me throw away otherwise awesome games and newer touch them again. Now when I fire the game up I feel cheated and robbed, and only silently gnawing depressed frustration remains.

I should just skip a safe or three and farm back the lost money via respawning enemies. Turns out you [I]have[/I to miss one lock if you didn't get whatever the industrial revolution bullshit bonus lockpicks are. I avoided spoilers and so didn't know this in advance, hence I missed an infusion. There's somebody at 2K I just want to punch right now.

It's a shame, too. It was my first bioshock, and while it's otherwise a great game, and has had a scene or two where itäs made me absolutely elated, it's now all stained in a shade of brown thanks to this, and it's what I'll always remember Bioshock from now on; bullshit.

I'm loving the game so far playing it on 1999 mode. The only thing that I kind of dislike about the game is only being able to carry 2 guns at once, its not that big of a deal but I liked it when you had a nice selection of guns at all times in the other Bioshock games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I'm loving the game so far playing it on 1999 mode. The only thing that I kind of dislike about the game is only being able to carry 2 guns at once, its not that big of a deal but I liked it when you had a nice selection of guns at all times in the other Bioshock games.
    I personally like it. I'd rather not have a weapon for every situation right then and there. For me, it's better if I have to go and find it while risking my life to do so.

Deleted
    I liked the first Bioshock well enough, it was a game with great things in it with a few elements which let it down in my opinion. This one is definitely a marked improvement not only fixing some of the issues I had with the first game but improving on the aspects which were already great, such as design and pacing. Encounter design is definitely improved since the first one, though the combat is still forgiving. "Big Daddy" vita zerg runs armed with a crowbar are thankfully largely gone. About the only bad thing I can say about it is that there are still way too much resources dropping for my liking. There are a ton of moments or set pieces such as the history museum scene which are absolutely mindblowing. Sound design is also of a very high caliber. That being said, if you didnt like the first two or just have a general dislike of games on the Unreal 3 engine (some people do)then there is very little chance of you enjoying this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I personally like it. I'd rather not have a weapon for every situation right then and there. For me, it's better if I have to go and find it while risking my life to do so.
    Yeah, I suppose its better for the game in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Yeah, I suppose its better for the game in the long run.
    I felt the selection of all vigors instantly without having to use the cogwheel (on the PC at least) made up for not having a certain weapon at a certain time. I ended up using the bronco vigor with the shotgun for a lot of the easier enemies. So much fun to shotgun them off a building.

another question: Is there any explanation on why the people of Columbia worship John Wilkes Booth and hate Lincoln?