Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Bioshock doesn't need a Bossfight. They tend to be for games with a more skill orientated boundary for completing a game.. It's more about the story

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Some games don't warrant a boss fight. Bioshock Infinite is one of those games.
    Yeah, I agree. There wasn't anything special about the boss fight in the original Bioshock. It was actually kind of lame. I'm glad they didn't go down that route for Infinite. The gunship fight was cool enough on its own. Very chaotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    FPS boss fights are always....mediocre. Look at DE:HR, amazing game, the boss fights were terrrible. If they had decided to go with something else it would have fixed the one big game flaw. RE games, always despised the 'boss fights'.

I think big, chaotic events are way more immersive and just way better gameplay wise.

Loved the art style, loved the voice acting, battles seemed pretty hectic.
    All good. Overall, great in my opinion.

Only a couple things I didn't like. Thought the ending was a little predictable, not all of it, but some of it. I also thought your melee attack was way underpowered. If I come up behind someone and attack, they should die in one hit. Shouldn't have to wail on someone for 15 seconds for them to die too.

Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post
    Loved the art style, loved the voice acting, battles seemed pretty hectic.
    I was pretty impressed with the voice acting as well.

I also thought your melee attack was way underpowered. If I come up behind someone and attack, they should die in one hit. Shouldn't have to wail on someone for 15 seconds for them to die too.
    Well...to me, the melee was okay. I mean, at the beginning it basically one shot, at the end, it took like 7 swings, but I had an effect on my swings that had a ~75% chance (iirc, some high percentage like that) that stunned them, so unless it was 25v1, it was a perfectly viable strategy. One shots is too much, why would you even waste ammo if you could instantly kill them? I'd say three swings sounds about right, on trash mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Bioshock doesn't need a Bossfight. They tend to be for games with a more skill orientated boundary for completing a game.. It's more about the story
    On Hard difficulty some enemies sure felt like boss fights... I'm looking at you, you goddamn Handymen. They were the hardest thing for me to kill.
    I also had some issues with the Siren (Lady Comstock) fights. Unlimited enemies that drop no ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    On Hard difficulty some enemies sure felt like boss fights... I'm looking at you, you goddamn Handymen. They were the hardest thing for me to kill.
    I also had some issues with the Siren (Lady Comstock) fights. Unlimited enemies that drop no ammo...
    Yeah, those are the fights that I am NOT looking forward to, when I start back up on 1999 Mode. That, and the end fight. More dreading the siren than anything, though.

Be honest everyone..

Who was thinking booker and elizabeth would make a great couple?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only recall one of the handyman fights not having skyrails. For that one a combination of running my ass off, and liberal devil's kiss, or was it the shock one, got me through it. For the others the skyrails made them not too difficult.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Fair point, those fights did get brutal! But you're not limited to certain boss like mechanics such as having a Stage 1, Stage 2, OH NOES HIT IT NOW WITH A BOX OF KITTENS! sort of things, you know, the traditional boss crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior
    Yeah, those are the fights that I am NOT looking forward to, when I start back up on 1999 Mode. That, and the end fight. More dreading the siren than anything, though.
    I might just do a leisurely easy mode playthrough next, to explore more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I only recall one of the handyman fights not having skyrails. For that one a combination of running my ass off, and liberal devil's kiss, or was it the shock one, got me through it. For the others the skyrails made them not too difficult.
    I'm not sure if they reserve this for Hard-mode only, but the Handymen can shock the skyrails. And it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop eBay
    Be honest everyone..
    Even though it's wrong, I still hope they get together in future DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy
    Fair point, those fights did get brutal! But you're not limited to certain boss like mechanics such as having a Stage 1, Stage 2, OH NOES HIT IT NOW WITH A BOX OF KITTENS! sort of things, you know, the traditional boss crap.
    True. I guess I didn't really think of it too much. Boss fights were never a big deal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Be honest everyone..

Who was thinking booker and elizabeth would make a great couple?
    That was part of the discomfort for me. Even though I guessed that Elizabeth was probably Booker's daughter, I felt like I was getting mixed signals through much of the game. In fact, at one point I got the impression that Lady Comstock was actually another Elizabeth. Adding another incest-ish angle to the game. Just another part of BSI that I found myself being attracted to, and repelled from, in almost equal measure.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 04:43 PM ----------

I'm not sure if they reserve this for Hard-mode only, but the Handymen can shock the skyrails. And it hurts.
    Yeah, they do. Just need to time them so you can stay far enough away from the handymen until the shocking wears off so you can get back on. the only handymen fight that really kicked my ass was that one in Finkton without rails. I was trying to go back and forth between the hooks but I could just not get the timing right.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Devil's Kiss and Possession worked great for the Siren fights. Possession to distract the adds, and Devil's Kiss to wipe them out in bulk while weakening her. Honestly I never felt the need for any of the vigors besides fire, zap, and ally. Once they are upgraded they are basically all you need.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-03-29 at 09:45 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    SirRobin I think you accurately described my feelings towards Bioshock Infinite. I enjoyed the experience for sure, but it wasn't a fun one. I know that sounds weird, but there were points in the game where I felt very uncomfortable. Having been exposed to racism for most of my life, the racial themes in Bioshock hit home and were unsettling, but also was extremely thought provoking.

For me, at least, it was a very emotionally draining experience, but certainly an experience that I am happy to have been exposed to. There were points where I kept saying to myself, "I don't really like where this is going.", but I kept playing anyways, because I was strangely attracted to it. In fact, I think the story was so incredible to me that I judge the actual FPS gameplay more harshly then I would in any other game. The gameplay felt somewhat like a nuisance to me, and a wall that I had to overcome just to get to the truly interesting stuff.

I don't know if I want games like this all the time, but I'm glad to know that someone out there had the audacity to take the gaming industry in a direction it hasn't dared to venture before. Ken Levine is an interesting man, and I can't wait to see what he does next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Devil's Kiss and Possession worked great for the Siren fights. Possession to distract the adds, and Devil's Kiss to wipe them out in bulk while weakening her. Honestly I never felt the need for any of the vigors besides fire, zap, and ally. Once they are upgraded they are basically all you need.
    Maybe that's my problem. I found it awkward to use vigors and opted to stick almost entirely with firearms. I used sniper/hand cannon. Well I mean I used vigors often but didn't upgrade my salts so I ran out of steam quickly. Fighting a Handyman for me went a bit like this: run like hell, wait for him to jump, get a quick scope on his heart when he lands, repeat. The Siren fight wasn't too bad since the sniper and hand cannon did a lot of damage to her, but I didn't realize she keeps reviving her allies so the first time I fought her I ran out of ammo killing them. I actually ended up killing her with melee attacks.

Deleted
    Possession upgraded was a god send, saved my hide a few times on possessing Snipers and sure did wreak havoc possessing Turrets. The water-jet vigor made some scenarios seriously easy, I think it's a little overpowered, it can easily knock groups off Columbia and it makes Patriots and other enemys a joke to kill. But tbh, I only used the other Vigors for the achievements

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock 2/infinite both made me feel really racist..i just hated the stereotypical 1700 black woman in it... -.-

Whats really impressive about Infinite is the number of different themes it has:

Quantum Physics, Multiverses, Racism, Religion, Patriotism

And they are put together in a cohesive well written story, that's IMO is a remarkable thing to do.

GOTY for me, i can't see GTA V, The Last of Us, MGS5 or anything top this game in 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post
    I also thought your melee attack was way underpowered. If I come up behind someone and attack, they should die in one hit. Shouldn't have to wail on someone for 15 seconds for them to die too.
    You have to hold 'V' to do a one-shot kill, or hit them from a sky-line.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezera View Post
    Yeah, not sure why checkpoint systems are still lingering around these days...
    Agreed. That right now is my one complaint about BSI. Haven't been able to continue since Wednesday, but honestly, checkpoint systems are stupid, or rather, the lack of being to save at any point is stupid.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Agreed. That right now is my one complaint about BSI. Haven't been able to continue since Wednesday, but honestly, checkpoint systems are stupid, or rather, the lack of being to save at any point is stupid.
    Double agree. Also, the fact that you can't have two save files is absurd. If I want to replay on 1999 Mode, I have to save over my Normal mode. ...really?