Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    game reviews havent been honest for quite a few years now? and why would they be? they get bribed by the publishers to give good press. i usually just wait for user reviews.
    i think its ridiculous people still believe this crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Awesome, thanks. It's Jennifer Hale. No wonder she sounded familiar :P
    And Keith Szarabajka. Harbinger's in it too! ASSUMING CONTROL.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Replaying System Shock 2 for the first time in years in anticipation of Infinite. Just hope my crap PC can handle it moderately well.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Replaying System Shock 2 for the first time in years in anticipation of Infinite. Just hope my crap PC can handle it moderately well.
    The minimum specs seems incredibly reasonable, and the recommended don't seem too far out of most current builds the average person owns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heads up for those of you who already know they will be buying the game for PC: Steam pre-order bonus right now is a copy of XCOM Enemy Unknown (and a few other lil things)...so if like me you still don't have XCOM and are interested in that and Infinite it is a pretty sweet deal.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    The reviews are out, perfect scores everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so i played the first one for about an hour (88mins my steam has) and was so bored with it i have never played it again. Now with all this high scores with the new one i am thinking about playing it, BUT would it be worth paying for for someone who was bored of the first one in 88mins? How much different is it then the first one?

I even have bioshock 2 which i have never even downloaded has just been sitting there in my steam games for a long time.
    Aye mate

Only played for a bit. Haven't even seen the combat. But oh my god, this game is gorgeous. I want to live in a city like this.
    Can't wait till tomorrow so I can play this. Good thing it's my day off tomorrow hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    i think its ridiculous people still believe this crap.
    Seriously.

I'm not going to say that 'professional' reviews are right, or that there isn't any bias. Of course there is. But to think companies flat out pay for good scores is ridiculous. What is even more ridiculous, though, is to say that you wait for user reviews. You have got to be fucking kidding me. User reviews are full of trolls and idiots.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:02 AM ----------

*ahem*
    Anyways, on topic, I am counting the hours until I get home and it comes out on Steam. I'm pre-loaded and ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Seriously.

I'm not going to say that 'professional' reviews are right, or that there isn't any bias. Of course there is. But to think companies flat out pay for good scores is ridiculous. What is even more ridiculous, though, is to say that you wait for user reviews. You have got to be fucking kidding me. User reviews are full of trolls and idiots.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:02 AM ----------

*ahem*
    Anyways, on topic, I am counting the hours until I get home and it comes out on Steam. I'm pre-loaded and ready.
    Like how Mass Effect 3 got really low scores from the idiots who all ganged up on the game and gave 1 star votes because they were butthurt about the end?

Yeah, I'm not going to trust user reviews. Individual reviews that are well written and thought out? Sure. But rants? Downvoting games? That I'm going to ignore.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Read a news post saying if you have nVidia graphics cards the latest update will increase performance of the game.

Out on Steam now and just setting it up getting ready to play. This is going to be fun.

Having a great time with this game so far. The setting is just gorgeous.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, the aesthetic of this game is amazing. The graphics, the music... I've died and gone to Columbia!

So annoyed today, pre ordered the PC version instead of buying on steam as my internet usage is limited and not reeealy fast, got home with the game to find even if you have the 3 disks PC version it just connects to steam and starts downloading 15Gb, I mean what is the point of selling me the 3 disks if its going to download anyway?
    Whoops, sig too big

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, just finished the game, to understand the ending you must pay attention to everything you learn through the campaign, EVERYTHING.

The game is just turning my graphics card into ash. It's that hot. Anyway (other than in game settings) to make it not burn a whole through my computer?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The game is just turning my graphics card into ash. It's that hot. Anyway (other than in game settings) to make it not burn a whole through my computer?
    Fan controller? I ended up using MSI Afterburner's controller. Probably have other programs or the default driver.
    Another is to upgrade your GPU's cooling system.
    Lower ambient temperature too.

for nvidia users that are experiencing stuttering, the current fix is to update your drivers then go into the game options and disable ambient occlusion then enable it through the nvidia control panel. haven't tried it myself though so will give it a shot in the morning.

It's going to take an extraordinary game to take away game of the year from this one. It's early in the year I know but this is a superb game.