Page 1 of 35
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Bioshock Infinite

Let's collect all information/rumors/videos that we can find in one big thread

First 5 minutes commentary

Trailer

Some gameplay

This needs more exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Really liked the Bioshock series so far. Going from the depths of the sea into the sky seems a little odd to me (really loved Rapture), but I've heard nothing but good about the game, so I'm going to wait until I can throw money at them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Really liked the Bioshock series so far. Going from the depths of the sea into the sky seems a little odd to me (really loved Rapture), but I've heard nothing but good about the game, so I'm going to wait until I can throw money at them.
    It's going to be nice to have a break from the grim, underground setting I think!

The main issue that I'm having with the game so far as that, to me, it doesn't look like BioShock. It looks really cool, and the setting is awesome, but it doesn't really seem to fit in in any way. I'm wondering if there is going to be some kind of connection between this place and Rapture once we actually play through the storyline, but for the time being, it just seems really out of place in the series. Does it still look fun? Hell yeah. Will I still play it? Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    The main issue that I'm having with the game so far as that, to me, it doesn't look like BioShock. It looks really cool, and the setting is awesome, but it doesn't really seem to fit in in any way. I'm wondering if there is going to be some kind of connection between this place and Rapture once we actually play through the storyline, but for the time being, it just seems really out of place in the series. Does it still look fun? Hell yeah. Will I still play it? Of course.
    It doesn't seem to have any connection except maybe laying some groundwork for rapture. Maybe one or some of the characters will have a descendant in rapture or maybe some of the technologies in the game are reused in rapture in some form but that's all I can see happening if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks interesting but I'll probably wait for the reviews before picking it up.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

This is definitely the game I'm most looking forward to. Only wish the annoying guy who made the first video wasn't talking the whole time =/

Deleted
    I liked Bioshock a lot because of it's ambient and environment, songs, etc.

And looking at this one, I am kinda skeptical if it will be more like that one. :/

I don't mind if the story isn't related to Rapture or the previous events on the first two games, I just want it to be a good game, that is some how related to the first games, with the same mechanics and, hopefully, pretty much how it was before.

But I really have no idea tbh... I think this one might be more of an action game(not that the other wasn't) instead of having those Sci Fy/fantasy moments, and powers and all that, and I am afraid if this new game doesn't give me that vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    It looks interesting but I'll probably wait for the reviews before picking it up.
    I'll probably be doing that too.

I've personally never been able to play a Bioshock game for even 5 minutes but this looks amazingly promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the best FPS series in this gen for me. There's so much work put into these games it's really amazing. I love the Bioshock games so much because unlike most FPS games that come out Bioshock is super creative with a lot of original ideas and unique art. As a person who hopes of becoming a game designer myself someday, I really hope I can make games as good as these with as much positive feedback as this series gets. The Bioshock games are an example of how FPS games or just video games in general SHOULD be, not just a generic war shooter like Call of Duty, Battlefield or Medal of Honor and the thousands of other generic military shooters.

I'm looking forward to this game the most so far. I've pre ordered the Songbird Edition so I can't wait to get it. This should easily make the 2013 GotY.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-22 at 04:35 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it did appear like there's some use of plasmids in the game. And I'd assume it'll connect to Rapture somehow. Maybe the events in Infinite are what drives Andrew Ryan to flee to the Atlantic Ocean?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Well it did appear like there's some use of plasmids in the game. And I'd assume it'll connect to Rapture somehow. Maybe the events in Infinite are what drives Andrew Ryan to flee to the Atlantic Ocean?
    Is it possible that this game might be before the events of Rapture? Is it possible that, some how, this game is before and what happens in it, will be the reason Ryan builds Rapture?

If so, that would be amazing tbh.

I haven't really read/seen any articles/videos, so what I'm saying might be stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Is it possible that this game might be before the events of Rapture? Is it possible that, some how, this game is before and what happens in it, will be the reason Ryan builds Rapture?

If so, that would be amazing tbh.

I haven't really read/seen any articles/videos, so what I'm saying might be stupid.
    Heh, I have as much info as you do, I was just speculating. Infinite does occur before Rapture, but I'd assume there'll be some connection.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Heh, I have as much info as you do, I was just speculating. Infinite does occur before Rapture, but I'd assume there'll be some connection.
    It does? Well, then what I said might be possible, but I have no idea, nor if it would be a good idea for that to happen, but I think it would be expected, somehow?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the connection is spiritual only. Bioshock 1 and 2 were about how good ideas can do harm when taken to extremes. The player's explorations of Rapture were as much investigations into the dark side of philosophies as they were about uncovering the city's history and physical self. From what I understand Infinite will be similar in that regard, but from what I have read there are no direct links between the cities or even the world they inhabit. Instead of Ryan's 'Great Chain' or Lamb's communal brotherhood we will (I think) be seeing the dark side of American Exceptionalism and jingoism in general.

There are gameplay parallels as well, with 'vigors' replacing 'plasmids/tonics'. I won't be surprised to find some tangential connections between Rapture and Columbia, but I think it is more of a new adventure in the same vein of the first two. Very much looking forward to this one...it might be the game that demands I finally go out and buy a new graphics cards to run.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    This is definitely the game I'm most looking forward to. Only wish the annoying guy who made the first video wasn't talking the whole time =/
    Google a non-commentary one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy6IEibAl1I

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I think the connection is spiritual only. Bioshock 1 and 2 were about how good ideas can do harm when taken to extremes. The player's explorations of Rapture were as much investigations into the dark side of philosophies as they were about uncovering the city's history and physical self. From what I understand Infinite will be similar in that regard, but from what I have read there are no direct links between the cities or even the world they inhabit. Instead of Ryan's 'Great Chain' or Lamb's communal brotherhood we will (I think) be seeing the dark side of American Exceptionalism and jingoism in general.

There are gameplay parallels as well, with 'vigors' replacing 'plasmids/tonics'. I won't be surprised to find some tangential connections between Rapture and Columbia, but I think it is more of a new adventure in the same vein of the first two. Very much looking forward to this one...it might be the game that demands I finally go out and buy a new graphics cards to run.
    In the original CGI trailer for Bioshock Infinite, we're being drowned, from the main character's perspective, his head forced into a fishtank, that has a model of Rapture in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    In the original CGI trailer for Bioshock Infinite, we're being drowned, from the main character's perspective, his head forced into a fishtank, that has a model of Rapture in it.
    Interesting, but, like i said...tangential connections.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Songbird edition is preordered! WOOT

And seriously shokter? "You're wrong because we know nothing of the game, therefor you are wrong?" it's called a theory. >_>

My finds:

Fishtank,

different lighthouse, instead of going down, you go up. Both Bioshocks (2 doesn't count, other perspective) start with a box and what to do in the cutscene. They are linked in a way we don't know yet I assume.