BrM Assessment of monk tank logs

What do you look at in your logs to determine how well you've performed? I've been logging our raids for a couple of weeks, , but when I'm looking at my performance I'm pretty much just checking shuffle uptime, then elusive brew uptime. Are there any other key metrics that you look at?

I usually know straight after a death if I should have been using a cooldown, but it would be good to know that I had been taxing healers unnecessarily. I guess I could compare my logs to some other monks here to confirm I'm not missing using abilities (like forgetting to switch to diffuse magic on tsulong...but I knew that about 5 seconds after each pull...) And getting my rotation about right.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Might as well throw in my logs as a reference although it is more a general question. http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/244462/

(also, can I change any parameters to log all of sha of fear? Our do multiple people need to upload?)

For Sha of Fear, you need multiple people to log it, as when you're on the platform you don't see what's going on the main platform.

Shuffle uptime, EB uptime, number of Keg Smashes, amount of Chi generated, number of Expel Harms used, erm...

I think there's also a way to find out how many times you purified stagger as well, but that gets fairly advanced. Oh, on that note, it's easy enough to check your Stagger uptimes as well: if you had a long duration on Heavy Stagger for example, you know you can do better there.

Yeah, I think it shows as ticks too.
    One thing I know I don't do enough us save chi to purify for expected hits. I guess that would be highlighted.

Now if I can find something to alert me when I have guard glyphed when I'm tanking sha...

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post

Now if I can find something to alert me when I have guard glyphed when I'm tanking sha...
    LoL.....I'm sure we can build a weak auras string for that. I'd bet you and I are not the only monks to ever pull and go "oh crap, wrong talents or glyphs!"

Quote Originally Posted by gatecrasher View Post
    LoL.....I'm sure we can build a weak auras string for that. I'd bet you and I are not the only monks to ever pull and go "oh crap, wrong talents or glyphs!"
    The problem is that with the length of the fight, wipe and reset, I forget and do it multiple times.
    Last edited by Alucin; 2012-12-20 at 09:04 AM.

Set a stagger threshold (30k tick max?) and observe your max tick.

Do a rough count of melee swing crits in relation to your Elusive Brew uptime.

Observe your encounter time vs Keg Smash count, Jab counts, Expel Harm counts, Chi generated vs Chi usage.

Compare your damage sustained vs HP level. High sustained but within safe HP level is a good thing. AKA more Vengeance = more damage = Stronger Guard.

Shuffle uptime and Self healing done, mainly via Gift of Ox.

Defensive Trinket usage? Cooldown usage. Diffuse Magic, Dampen Harm and Zen Meditation usage.

You don't really need a log really to know your performance. Just keep this theory in mind:

If raid is taking damage, you shouldn't get hit hard as a tank. If raid is not taking damage it is ok to take moderate damage which do not require back to back big and quick heals. Out of that it is also your part to perform as much DPS as you can.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2012-12-20 at 07:53 AM.