Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Arcane] Trinkets

Does anyone have stat weights for normal trinkets?

My three current trinkets I have is the relic of yu'lon, light of the cosmos, and essence of terror. I really have no clue which three to use, I'm currently using relic of essence, but my haste is only 4.3k (My ilvl is 496) so I'm wondering if I should use light.

I'm using Darkmoon trinket upgraded and Elegon(N) upgraded.

I'm waiting to close terrace(N) and use the trinket from Sha of Fear with Elegon trinket.

Cool cool, thanks =)

anyone else have any input?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the relic and Nsha of fear trinket are very close. If it's easier to upgrade the relic, I'd do that and not pray for a Sha trinket to drop. I"m currently using an upgrade Light and relic myself.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
    I'm using Darkmoon trinket upgraded and Elegon(N) upgraded.

I'm waiting to close terrace(N) and use the trinket from Sha of Fear with Elegon trinket.
    Would LotC (Elegon) be better than RoY (DMF)? I'd imagine the passive Int would be quite important.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Im in troubles as well on this point, I have HC Cosmos(elegon), Dmc, and last night i got N Sha essence trinket on roll. So i dno if i should go essence over dmc, planning on going haste arcane spec.

I am also in doubt, because of last night. I acquired HC Cosmos trinket and I will use it. But now I wonder: is it worth using the OP: Shieldwall revered trinket over Relic of Yu'lon? (Because of the use button, and more reforged mastery) Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Sha trinket is slightly better than relic. Elegon trinket is best trinket you can get this tier.

All other trinkets including Shiedlwall-trinket are far worse.

BiS:
    H LotC
    H EoT
    N LotC
    N EoT
    N RoY (only worse by a small margin compared to N EoT)

No.

The bis trinkets are:

Upgraded 2/2 Relic of Yu'lon
    Upgraded 2/2, 1/2, 0/2 Essence of Terror
    UPgraded 2/2, 1/2, 0/2 Light of the Cos,os

LotC proccs of dots & has no static intellect. Arcane scales much better with higher gear at higher levels of intellect instead of base haste. This puts Essence and DMC easily ahead of the LotC

Deleted
    Anyone could clarify which are best ? Maybe with some actual numbers or anything, cause we're getting mixed signals everywhere.

Some say LotC is a bad trinket, some say its one of the BiS.

I myself am running the haste heavy build with DMC/EoT. Just got EoT so i'm gonna run some test but I would like to know if i should get LotC if it drops one day .

Deleted
    You will not get any definite answer since simcraft is far from flawless at the moment. Rawr is not running smoothly as well and Mrrobot is also based on Simcraft results.

Robot shows it the way I have written above. Please import your toon on your own and find BiS.

Deleted
    It's quite difficult seeing how sometimes LotC is seen as maybe the best trinket and sometimes, some say its the worst of the 3.

You can't rely on rawr atm and seeing how simcraft's doing you can't fully rely on it too. I'm not trying to get a 100% right answer, if the dps difference is small i'm not that pointy about my mage. I'm trying to know if LotC is on par, or better than the others.

I'm gonna try running it through simc again, last time it gave me weird results.

Thanks. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    It's quite difficult seeing how sometimes LotC is seen as maybe the best trinket and sometimes, some say its the worst of the 3.

You can't rely on rawr atm and seeing how simcraft's doing you can't fully rely on it too. I'm not trying to get a 100% right answer, if the dps difference is small i'm not that pointy about my mage. I'm trying to know if LotC is on par, or better than the others.

I'm gonna try running it through simc again, last time it gave me weird results.

Thanks. =)
    LotC is usually the BiS this tier. But (!!!) you cannot use Frostbomb. So make sure you do not calculate LotC + FB, you need to calc LotB + NT or LB

FB still sometimes sims higher than the other 2 bombs which is imho simply incorrect unless you have a bomb-fight like Meljarak.

Deleted
    Some maths.

Assumptions: 100% uptime on procs (ie there's no downtime - after the ICD finishes it procs straight away), all trinkets fully upgraded

Feel free to check through the maths and also to import your own stat weights into these results.

Relic of Yu'lon: 1029 Intellect + 978.3 Intellect = 2007.3 Intellect
    Light of the Cosmos Normal: 1162 Haste (reforge-able) + 1549.33 Intellect
    Essence of Terror Normal: 1241 Intellect + 1417.52 Haste

Essence of Terror HC: 1400 Intellect + 1599.81 Haste
    Light of the Cosmos HC: 1312 Haste + 1748.89 Intellect

Using the following stat weights (from PvE Guide), I get the following order:
    Code:
    Int 4.28
    Hit 2.72
    Crit 1.50
    Haste 2.09
    Mastery 1.90
    Code:
    LotC HC: 10227.33 Score
    EoT HC: 9335.6 Score
    LotC N: 9059.71 Score
    Relic of Yu'lon: 8591.24 Score
    EoT N: 8274.1 Score
    Even if Haste loses some value, LotC is a clear winner, especially as when Mastery pulls ahead of your haste (varies) you can actually reforge some of it into Mastery to maintain the value of the trinket, which you can't do with the other 2.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2012-12-20 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks for the advices Berkhtar. I have tried to search these stats but I did not make any succes. I will probably upgrade my Relic of Yu'lon then along with the HC LotC.

with no upgrades relic its better of essence normal?

Because for fire i get relic better, but for arcane i get essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Manky View Post
    with no upgrades relic its better of essence normal?

Because for fire i get relic better, but for arcane i get essence.
    That is indeed what most mages are considering to be the case.. Myself included.. But unupgraded its the choice bethween 723 int and 1447 haste, so if you think haste > double the weight of int, terror is better.. and if not Yu'lon will be better

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know that the difference between normal essence and relic is even worth debating. it's very small considering the difference between the others. I would suggest whichever is easiest for you to get is the best way to go. Then focus on upgrading.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I will go with EoT and RoY. They seem to be pretty close together and I got them both (of course not the heroic version of EoT but it isn't valuable for this content anyway). I'll leave the trinkets to the other guys which don't have any of those trinkets yet or only the normal mode version if it would be available and nobody needs I would pick it up and give it a try

What I hate about LoC is that you have to use a Dot to proc it.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post

What I hate about LoC is that you have to use a Dot to proc it.
    Which is why EoT is BiS with DMC Upgraded.

I'll fix what i wrote above but this is the optimal approach for both haste and mastery arcane:

Bis Trinkets (I will expect you have upgraded DMC HC):

2/2 DMC
    1-2/2 HC EoT
    2/2 HC LotC
    0-2/2 N EoT
    LotC