Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal Sylvari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    78

    Gun Related Deaths U.S/World.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate


    Needless to say we are last. But great news we are beating Mexico and Columbia.

    Most of the countries have stricter gun laws and requirements than we do. They seem to do a great job of "protecting" themselves with a fraction of the weapons. Yet we are armed to the teeth and can't beat any 1st World Country.

    And please save the "protection from the gov" argument. That amendment was created almost 300 years ago. It was an even playing field. They had muskets and so did the people. In today's world you have an AR-15 and they (the government)has a M1Ma Battle Tank. Last time I checked I can't pick up a license for one of those at the DMV. But hey good luck...Go get them Paul Revere.


    They were just babies guys.....just babies.

  2. #2
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,819
    Wrong subforum. ^^

  3. #3
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,747
    Would you rather invade a disarmed village, or one where everyone is armed?

    In other news, I refuse to believe the government can protect me from illegal guns when a under this same President they walked guns to criminals.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2012-12-19 at 09:38 PM.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  4. #4
    And those babies would be just as dead if he'd used a sword (how many would be dead if every one of those teachers had been packing, though? I wonder). I'd like to see a comparison of murder rates instead of just gun-related murder rates.

  5. #5
    Of course! The answer is to give 3rd world countries more guns to defend themselves.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    354
    you do realize that only 37% of those gun related deaths in the US are homicide??? 60% are Suicides..
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckabear/simple

    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Let's keep talking about guns when the real issue is mental illness. That should help us avoid another tragedy.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,954
    looks like about 10,1 people get murdered a year where I live, meanwhile about 50 commit suicide.. by gun that is. (Denmark) - you need special permission to own guns here.

  9. #9
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,362
    lol dude, there are two threads open with like 300 pages alltogether of this discussion.

    Happy to see my countries numbers though 0.19 homicides per 100k, feck yeah, IN YOUR FACE DENMARK... etc
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  10. #10
    Field Marshal Sylvari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    78
    Look at the homicide column and sort. We are still one of the highest.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Did we really need a third thread about guns in the US?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  12. #12
    looks like you shouldn't mess with americans i guess, not really sure what else to take from it. we kill people with guns. stop poking us.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate


    Needless to say we are last. But great news we are beating Mexico and Columbia.

    Most of the countries have stricter gun laws and requirements than we do. They seem to do a great job of "protecting" themselves with a fraction of the weapons. Yet we are armed to the teeth and can't beat any 1st World Country.

    And please save the "protection from the gov" argument. That amendment was created almost 300 years ago. It was an even playing field. They had muskets and so did the people. In today's world you have an AR-15 and they (the government)has a M1Ma Battle Tank. Last time I checked I can't pick up a license for one of those at the DMV. But hey good luck...Go get them Paul Revere.


    They were just babies guys.....just babies.
    Was there a reason to create a new thread? Seriously. There are at least 5 others you could have posted in, honestly. If you want to do something about the deaths of those children do the right thing, get the people with mental illnesses help. THAT is why he killed those kids, not because of a gun.

    and given the wording of your post you dont care about those kids, you are more worried about attacking gun owners.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  14. #14
    Field Marshal Sylvari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Would you rather invade a disarmed village, or one where everyone is armed?

    In other news, I refuse to believe the government can protect me from illegal guns when a under this same President they walked guns to criminals.

    Village? Who the hell is invading? What are you talking about.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,016
    And why exactly should we care that well under 1% of the population dies from guns? I'll take the amount of people getting killed by guns a little more seriously when it approaches 1/2 a % of the population. Without counting suicides into that as well.

  16. #16
    And probably 10 times as many people are killed every year by drunk drivers. Time to ban cars and alcohol.

  17. #17
    Field Marshal Sylvari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    78
    [QUOTE=Seran;19504900]Was there a reason to create a new thread? Seriously. There are at least 5 others you could have posted in, honestly. If you want to do something about the deaths of those children do the right thing, get the people with mental illnesses help. THAT is why he killed those kids, not because of a gun.

    and given the wording of your post you dont care about those kids, you are more worried about attacking gun owners.

    Not sure now you came up with that assumption. I have no problem with certain guns, just don't need ones that can fire 60 rounds in under a minute. Let me guess..hunting. Are the deer shooting back at you? Maybe I would understand. I do care about those kids. I own a gun(beretta over/under). Im a Republican.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    And those babies would be just as dead if he'd used a sword (how many would be dead if every one of those teachers had been packing, though? I wonder). I'd like to see a comparison of murder rates instead of just gun-related murder rates.
    Makes no difference USA is still #1 among western democracies in regards to murder rate as well, roughly 4 times as many murders ( regardless of gun or no gun used in the USA)

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 10:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    And probably 10 times as many people are killed every year by drunk drivers. Time to ban cars and alcohol.
    useless and senseless excuse for ignoring a SERIOUS issue that can get fixed if you just have some willpower to get some guns of the street. And really it tells everything you need to know when folks start to talk like but car crashes kills people as well, you know they got nothing to stand on when it comes to debating the issues of the gun violence. And If like we always hear a gun owner could stop it. So why didnt the killers mother stop it and saved the 20 kids??? i mean we always hear how they will kill the murderer before he does massive harm.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 10:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Let's keep talking about guns when the real issue is mental illness. That should help us avoid another tragedy.
    Mental health illness is everywhere in the world yet it isnt a major part of gun violence in other countries, why? well less guns less problems it really is that simple.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    useless and senseless excuse for ignoring a SERIOUS issue that can get fixed if you just have some willpower to get some guns of the street. And really it tells everything you need to know when folks start to talk like but car crashes kills people as well, you know they got nothing to stand on when it comes to debating the issues of the gun violence. And If like we always hear a gun owner could stop it. So why didnt the killers mother stop it and saved the 20 kids??? i mean we always hear how they will kill the murderer before he does massive harm.
    So let me get this straight, sir. You don't think drunk drivers are a SERIOUS issue? It can get fixed if there was some willpower and changes to some laws.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    Not sure now you came up with that assumption. I have no problem with certain guns, just don't need ones that can fire 60 rounds in under a minute. Let me guess..hunting. Are the deer shooting back at you? Maybe I would understand. I do care about those kids. I own a gun(beretta over/under). Im a Republican.
    Guess we better ban pistols as well, since you now you can get them 30+ round magazines for certain models.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •