High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Amber Shaper 25 dps help

My guild is currently progressing on heroic amber shaper and I feel like my dps is sub par.

Logs of last night http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9q...pes&boss=63666

I feel as though I'm spending all my time killing living amber but I feel as though my damage on them is way too low.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    My guild is currently progressing on heroic amber shaper and I feel like my dps is sub par.

Logs of last night http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9q...pes&boss=63666

I feel as though I'm spending all my time killing living amber but I feel as though my damage on them is way too low.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Black Arrow 2824808 7.5 %

Why? If you use explosive trap it will also damage the boss which has a lot of increased damage and the person who has the vehicle. AMoC > LR. That is basically all I can tell you

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was meaning to switch to AMoC but I forgot. I usually use explosive trap on normal mode, I'm not sure why I chose to use Black Arrow. Thanks for those couple of tips.

You should try using barrage + trill of the hunt,i am usually near the top amber damage with the two,as you can apply SRS to most of the ambers with trill of the hunt easy, and it's just easier to hit more ambers with barrage than it is with glaive toss.
    Last edited by Sicktouch; 2012-12-18 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktouch View Post
    You should try using barrage + trill of the hunt,i am usually near the top amber damage with the two,as you can apply SRS to most of the ambers with trill of the hunt easy, and it's just easier to hit more ambers with barrage than it is with glaive toss.
    Was just about to post this.. haven't done the fight yet, but I figured this would be a given. Multishot ALL the things and barrage. You should easily be able to break 100k.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicktouch View Post
    I'll give that a go, thanks.

Honestly, barrage is only worth it if you have a really good weapon and there's a constant number of adds something that doesn't always happen in amber shaper. Also, most of your Dps will come from the burn phase where the boss should have a pretty high number of stacks and having GT over barrage on that phase is preferable. Other than that it's all about raid positioning and being able to multi shot all the globs.

You don't really need thrill of the hunt for this boss because there are times when all living ambers are dead and only 2 targets are alive (boss and construct).
    The main thing is to keep serpent sting up on the living ambers as much as possible when they are stacked up near the boss in melee range. You can just focus nuking the boss/Monstrosity and throw a multi shot or 2 when there's a lot of living ambers near the boss.
    The adds will die fast from other dots + cleave anyway. Barrage is good for this boss as some people above me said.
    Last edited by Ruffles; 2012-12-20 at 11:11 PM.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Use Barrage on the Amber Construct, have explosive trap up under it, multi shot the adds and renew serpent sting, keep the dps on the construct. Rely on dots and cleave damage on the living amber, not single target dps, unless theres a shortage on pools and you need to kill ambers really fast, then you switch.