15+ Year Old Account

Which Dragonball Z game is best?

I've been wanting to get a Dragonball Z game for a long time, but I can't ever decide on one because there are just so many to choose from!

Budokai
    Budokai 2
    Budokai 3
    Budokai 4
    Budokai Tenkaichi
    BT 2
    BT 3
    Burst Limit
    Raging Blast
    Raging Blast 2
    Budokai HD Collection
    Ultimate Tenkaichi

Mind - blown

Which is the best one? I'm interested in playing as a lot of character, but also the story modes. I want to play the ENTIRE series (Z) including the Buu saga, but from what I read the highest each game goes is the Android/Cell saga.

Questions: Which games have the best story mode? Which game lets me play up to at least the cell saga? DO any of them let me play through the Buu saga? I want to use Gotenks and Vegeto.

So far I think I'll get Ultimate Tenkaichi and Budokai HD collection, but I don't think either lets me play up to the cell saga, just the android saga. Which sucks.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dra...Saiya_Densetsu

Or "Legend of the Super Saiyan" for Snes. I know this is a dated game but in my opinion it really is the best DBZ game, it is japanese but available in english translation, is an RPG game with turn based combat (similar to but not the same as, Final Fantasy) where you journey through the storyline of Dragonball Z to the end of the Frieza Saga.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I personally prefer the Tenkaichi types so obviously those... can't stand Budokai one ... so I'd say Tenkaichi 3 for PS2 and probably Raging Blast 1/2 for PS3 :-? but I don't really know which one has more characters :-? and I think Tenkaichi 3 has full story ... including the Movies...don't know about the new gen ones...

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dra...ai_Tenkaichi_3 this one is probably the most complete story wise ... anyway just search the wikia for each title and read about it see which has more stuff u are interested in :P
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2012-12-19 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dra...Saiya_Densetsu

Or "Legend of the Super Saiyan" for Snes. I know this is a dated game but in my opinion it really is the best DBZ game, it is japanese but available in english translation, is an RPG game with turn based combat (similar to but not the same as, Final Fantasy) where you journey through the storyline of Dragonball Z to the end of the Frieza Saga.
    I played the crap out of this on my emulator back in like 2001. LOVE IT!

Deleted
    Budokai 3 was the best story , my opinion, but that was looooong ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Budokai 1 was actually pretty good. Budokai 2 was ok, it improved several things from 1, but it also completely ruined the campaign design by turning it into a ridiculous board game. I never played Budokai 3 or 4, but maybe thats where they managed to get it just right?

I would also strongly advise against getting any of them that primarily use motion sensor controls, because those are absolutely terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the most fun with Budokai Tenkaichi 3. There were so many characters and stages to choose from. I also like the comic/cartoony graphics it had, it fit perfectly with the game. Dragonball Raging Blast and Ultimate Tenkaichi were fun too but BT 3 was THE best for me.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Best dragon ball game for me? Dragon ball final bout on the PS1, so much characters and the tournament mode was fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive always wanted to play a dbz rpg. I may check that out biggbazz. I liked the original Budokai.

Dragonball Z legendary super warriors.. It is a turn based game for GBC. Kinda old... but it is the DBZ game I have played/enjoyed the most. It even goes through the Buu saga, and you can be almost any character. It is a little hard to figure out the finer details but it is still somewhat entertaining.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_...Super_Warriors

Not really like the games you listed though

Legacy of Goku on GBA, that game's the shiz.

raging blast and raging blast 2 imo. they looked great and the combat was the best out of all the tenkaichi style games. now, if only they make one with as many characters as tenkaichi 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bt 3.mit had everything but freaking making ur own char. The full perfect story movies included and also they what if sagas.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I've been wanting to get a Dragonball Z game for a long time, but I can't ever decide on one because there are just so many to choose from!

Budokai
    Budokai 2
    Budokai 3
    Budokai 4
    Budokai Tenkaichi
    BT 2
    BT 3
    Burst Limit
    Raging Blast
    Raging Blast 2
    Budokai HD Collection
    Ultimate Tenkaichi

Mind - blown

Which is the best one? I'm interested in playing as a lot of character, but also the story modes. I want to play the ENTIRE series (Z) including the Buu saga, but from what I read the highest each game goes is the Android/Cell saga.

Questions: Which games have the best story mode? Which game lets me play up to at least the cell saga? DO any of them let me play through the Buu saga? I want to use Gotenks and Vegeto.

So far I think I'll get Ultimate Tenkaichi and Budokai HD collection, but I don't think either lets me play up to the cell saga, just the android saga. Which sucks.
    Best DBZ game is obviously Legacy of Goku on GBA and DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 on PS1.