Deleted

The rogue and the terrace.

Which build you use there? Im using combat but i think assa will do overall better, im not using it only 'cause got better weapons for combat. Which are your tips?

i use assa for the first 2 bosses combat on Third and assa for sha. lei shi is just so annoying with all her disaperaing and switching
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Mut for all 4. None of the bosses have significant cleave time. If you do more single target as Combat, obviously just roll with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i use assa for the first 2 bosses combat on Third and assa for sha. lei shi is just so annoying with all her disaperaing and switching
    Why would you go Combat for Lei Shi? You only need to kill 1 add and the boss goes immune during adds, so BF is useless. DoTs stay on her during Hide, so Mut does more damage there. If you can't get in range for annoying parts of the fight, Mutilate is less likely to energy cap and, again, does more damage.

Haven't done fight on normal myself, but maybe just to avoid having to worry about making sure that vendetta stays up on the boss for full duration / constantly refreshing rupture.

combat for lei shi could be viable, not for the cleave, but for the shorter build up. as mutilate each time she puts up a shield or she hides you have to get rupture back going and get your cycle back rotating, with combat you hit RS and continue like you never left off. Also vendetta is on the target, so depending on your groups dps you have to choose between either sitting on your best CD or using it at a time when you wont be able to DPS her for the full 25-30s, as combat the shield does not give you such an issue (hide still will)

that combine with the fact that combat isnt -that- far behind mut in single target dps. that being said looking at the 2 on world of logs the damage is almost identical.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    combat for lei shi could be viable, not for the cleave, but for the shorter build up.
    You gonna be assa there for HC.

Deleted
    combat for lei shi could be viable, not for the cleave, but for the shorter build up. as mutilate each time she puts up a shield or she hides you have to get rupture back going and get your cycle back rotating, with combat you hit RS and continue like you never left off. Also vendetta is on the target, so depending on your groups dps you have to choose between either sitting on your best CD or using it at a time when you wont be able to DPS her for the full 25-30s, as combat the shield does not give you such an issue (hide still will)

that combine with the fact that combat isnt -that- far behind mut in single target dps. that being said looking at the 2 on world of logs the damage is almost identical.
    Combat has a much longer build up time than Mut.
    Assa works like this: 2 finishers (3-4 global CDs at max) > full dps
    Combat > SS SS SS SS 80 % potential dps > SS SS SS SS > 90 % potential dps

That's just a very crude simplification but in essence how it works.

You may be lucky and get good windows for your CDs as combat on her, but most of the time Mut will deliver the stronger and more sustained dps. Also like mentioned above the Poison ticks stronger during hide.

Terrace is all Assa. (at least in normal modes)

Hmm, not quite seeing eye to eye.

For mut you need to have rupture up on the target otherwise your energy regen is lowered. Performing envenom is part of your rotation for optimal DPS. SnD should not have an issue staying up throughout the entire fight. So when you have to hit switch back to her, you need to build 5 CP, rupt (~3-4 GCD) then you are rolling

For combat you need to have revealing strike up on the target, rupture is just damage, evis is just damage, SnD should not have a problem staying up. So when you switch back to her, you need to RvS (1 cd) and you are rolling. There is also the vendetta thing.

What are you talking about with SS being build up? are you referring to BG? if so you are aware its based on you now, not the target, right? Meaning when you switch from boss to add, then to boss who poofs, then back to boss your BG stays rolling the entire time. It takes 0 time to switch your BG between the boss and the add and the boss. Optimal play would leave you not shifting into deep insight just before she hides.

Its hard to say "mut will deliver stronger dps" as world of logs shows mut, at best, 2% higher DPS than combat on this fight, where on others like vizier its closer to 3 times the difference.

That being said, i still mut, due to my daggers being stronger, but i still understand Koji2k11's perspective (for normal mode)

yeah its just so annoying whe she shields you lose your whole rotation once you have to switch to adds and you had no CP on boss you are basicly fk'ed since you have to build up from the start. hide phase is not our problem on normal i just noticed my self i pull off much more dps then in muti spec last time i compared it was a 10k difference
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

For mut you need to have rupture up on the target otherwise your energy regen is lowered. Performing envenom is part of your rotation for optimal DPS. SnD should not have an issue staying up throughout the entire fight. So when you have to hit switch back to her, you need to build 5 CP, rupt (~3-4 GCD) then you are rolling
    True, you do need to get rupture back up, but I hardly ever have any problems redirecting cp off the add we kill during the shield phase and then instantly rupturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    True, you do need to get rupture back up, but I hardly ever have any problems redirecting cp off the add we kill during the shield phase and then instantly rupturing.
    really? it has not once let me do that. i can go from the shielded lei shi to them, but not from them to her (they dont leave bodies)

edit: my signature keeps changing.. cant decide how many bosses ive killed O.o odd
    Last edited by eijin; 2012-12-20 at 06:34 PM.

really? it has not once let me do that. i can go from the shielded lei shi to them, but not from them to her (they dont leave bodies)

edit: my signature keeps changing.. cant decide how many bosses ive killed O.o odd
    Yeah they don't but they also don't instantly disappear when they hit 0 as I had no problems with it last night. Or maybe your issue is related to heroic? I see you're 10/16, so have you been doing heroic Lei?

Redirect worked for me last week; did a few heroic pulls on him. Should be doing progression tonight.

Looking at logs, it does appear Combat and Mut are about equal. Top Combat parses aren't padding with BF either. I'm sticking with Mut because I'm reforged and gemmed for it and I'm also considering dropping the Vendetta Glyph for this fight, as an unlucky Hide will cause lost Vendetta uptime. We'll see how it goes...

I've been assassination on all four. However:

I'm thinking of sub for LS. Maybe I don't have a good enough boss timer, but the only mechanic that I can predict is the every 20% immune bubble. Given that she has several narrow windows and vendetta seems unreliable (if only it could reveal hidden or invisible targets...), I think that I would do better with subs more numerous shorter duration cooldowns. We aren't working on heroic yet, but when we do I'd like to bring whatever is correct.

The first boss I've had good success with mutilate, the second boss I've been muti as well, but I'm not quite sure if combat couldn't be tweaked to be better. Simply put, if I could have cooldowns spinning just as I enter day phase (instead of basically becoming available then), I think that would probably help. Dunno.

Sha I think anything could work fine on, and heroic sha is very far away for us so I'm not concerned about that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Yeah they don't but they also don't instantly disappear when they hit 0 as I had no problems with it last night. Or maybe your issue is related to heroic? I see you're 10/16, so have you been doing heroic Lei?
    only normal mode on her (he is easy 25m, apparently he is one of the hardest 10m). maybe i havent been quick enough. I'll admit it was mostly the 2 weeks that i tried, since then i just came to accept i couldnt so i transfer points from her to the add