Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pandaria any good?

I've heard mixed things about pandaria, just want a few more perspectives?

I like it. You should watch some YouTube videos for more perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty cool. I am leveling my 3rd char now and still enjoy it a lot. Smooth questing flow, decent quest variation as well. Each zone defiantly has its own story and feel which I like a lot. Plus it looks awesome. Do a free trial and try it yourself.

I did the 10 day trial, it seemed ok to start just the leveling. Then the servers I played on still seemed dead, the one with my main seemed to be nearly empty for my faction. It got old for me quick, I didnt even finish playing all 10 days. Still got an unopened MOP copy sitting on my desk

Deleted
    I did the 10 day trial, it seemed ok to start just the leveling. Then the servers I played on still seemed dead, the one with my main seemed to be nearly empty for my faction. It got old for me quick, I didnt even finish playing all 10 days. Still got an unopened MOP copy sitting on my desk
    do you have friends on there that still play? If not perhaps you should consider changing servers to a high or full one

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to get a feel for what you mean. Do you mean the continent? It's just land. Do you mean the expansion? Well, what's your focus - PvP or PvE? Do you like dailies or profession grinding? What are your endgame plans?

Pretty good the first time. Meh the second and by the third time you want to kill yourself. Pretty much the way i find every expansion. I hate leveling tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise I like it and I'm surprised I do. I don't care about the whole Asian theme but I think Blizzard manage to deliver it brilliantly without too much Narutardism. Things like the terracota Mogu actually made me do some research on Chinese culture and it's all way more interesting then I had thought! The lore has also given a lot of life to non-panda stuff. The conflict between factions is hotter than ever and we've been seen a lot from characters like Vol'jin, Jaina, Garrosh, Anduin and many others that had been just standing there doing nothing until now.

If you like raiding it's also pretty cool, the raids are nice and there are 16 bosses to kill. It's a good change from Firelands with 6 or DS with 8. Some of the mechanics are pretty interesting and the placing is nice. Not as good as T11, but that one was my favorite tier so I'm biased.

PvP is kinda meh. Things aren't very well balanced and it looks like everything is down to who manages to do the biggest burst first. I don't do much PvPing though, so I might be wrong here and Blizzard has been nerfing some "bursty" things so we'll see how that goes.

If you like going out in the world there are a lot of quests to do, some would say too many quests, but they aren't as mandatory as people make them seem. It's certainly not as alt friendly as Cata was, but Blizzard has been trying to fix that with some changes they've already made and some they've just announced. World PvP is also back! If you don't like it I suggest heading to a PvE server if you come back, but if you do you'll have a blast!

Anyway, these are just some personal opinions and subjective as all hell. You won't be able to have a very accurate idea unless you play yourself and you've just come to QQ central so expect lots of people saying they hate it.

It would be excellent but for the shitty time to reward ratio and emphasis on daily questing bullshit. Of course your gonna hear their optional and they totally are. About as optional as running heroic dungeons was in Cata. They are optional if you want to go nowhere in the game.

It's very good.

Tons of stuff to do, stunning art style and the best levelling phase so far. Lore is surprisingly interesting. The xpac itself is much more paced like the original Vanilla WoW. Meaning, if you're a "moderate" player, it will take you MONTHS to do all the stuff you had done in Cata within a matter of weeks (levelling a few alts, maxing their professions, gearing up etc.)

A lot of people don't get it though, and are whining about how they can't get their shit done within 20 days in order to stand around in SW bored for 14 months like they did in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    do you have friends on there that still play? If not perhaps you should consider changing servers to a high or full one
    Everyone I knew except one has quit.

I do not feel like paying the money for a transfer on top of MOP purchase and sub free and risk still being unhappy

Leveling: Just awful and grueling, especially if you've done every other expansion when it was relevant. I actually liked leveling until Pandaria hit.

Stuff to do: As a PvE player, enjoy doing dailies, dailies, and more dailies after hitting 90. As a PvP player, enjoy one-shot stuff killing you, or being unable to kill stuff because of healers.

Raiding Content: Some of the best content since early Lich King and BC. Cataclysm was just awful and late LK got repetitive.

Pet Battles: Makes you wish you were playing Pokemon.

Scenarios: Great concept, HORRIBLY executed.

LFR: Better known as "pray to your deity to get loot you can actually use". (Done LFR every week. Got about 15 pieces total. Not a single one has EVER been equipped because I had better stuff on -_-)

Conclusion: Eh. If you plan to raid, it's really good content when you're raiding. For the casual player, it really isn't that great. Also if you're a Mage, DEFINITELY DO NOT BOTHER until we at least see 5.2. Mage QoL has never been worse, especially with the L90 talents.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Its awesome.

To a fan of the game new content is always good - even in the case of cata, for at least a few weeks to a month - no one said a word about how bad it was because they were digesting all the cool new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts
    -leveling to 90 was great even though it takes a long time, but I'd only want to do it once
    -the new area Pandaria is well designed and attractive
    -pet battles are fun if you're into it
    -haven't tried the new bgs so cannot comment on those
    -new world bosses are pretty fun but there aren't enough to stay interested
    -drop rates/loot in lfr are very low unless you're lucky. I went a month without winning 1 item. I miss trash loot (greys, whites, and low greens). It seems odd when dead creatures have no loot on them.
    -daily quests get old really fast. I don't enjoy them, but I still liked these more than previous dailies
    -servers seem empty
    -scenarios aren't thrilling but I enjoy them nonetheless. I haven't done all of them since I was trying to avoid rushing through new content
    -balance is an ongoing process, and there have been some frustrating changes as well as positive ones
    -it's hard to keep up/catch up with other players' gearing without raiding and doing dailies often. That's ultimately what caused me to drop my sub after 2 months combined with getting sick of the priest balance changes
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-12-19 at 09:11 PM.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

To me it's the fresh breath of air that WoW sorely needed after Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    To a fan of the game new content is always good - even in the case of cata, for at least a few weeks to a month - no one said a word about how bad it was because they were digesting all the cool new content.
    -so true. People were super busy and into the expansion with few complaints on my server either for the first month and a half or so
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It would be excellent but for the shitty time to reward ratio and emphasis on daily questing bullshit. Of course your gonna hear their optional and they totally are. About as optional as running heroic dungeons was in Cata. They are optional if you want to go nowhere in the game.
    I always just say, as optional as logging into the game is.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want another Wrath or Cata where the game is a race to full heroic clearing or top arena rank, don't come back.

As the Pandaren say, slow down.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Tried it and lvl:ed up my main to lvl 90. Then the game felt really boring. Didn´t like the changes they did for Destru locks. The rotation now is crap and really really boring!!! Haven´t played it anymore since I became lvl 90. I unsubscribed again aswell! Imo it´s totally crap now!