Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Coming from a total naysayer about MoP... believing it to be the end of the game and a terrible trash expansion. I've gotta say... it's pretty fucking awesome. Get it.

I think it's great! The daily grind was really rough in 5.1, but it looks like they learned their lesson on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, they could have gone a completely different route with this expansion. The whole idea of introducing the Pandaren was "meh" to me at first. I've warmed up to their storyline now, but I still dislike several aspects.
    For one, the pet battle system... I think it's kind of retarded and doesn't belong in WoW whatsoever. I never liked collecting pets, and only did so in order to get achievements. I have no desire at all to have Pokemon battles while the whole of Azeroth is being destroyed by demons, old gods, etc.
    Secondly, the extreme revamp of the talents. I'm on the fence about this one. I like how legitimately there are 2 or 3 viable options instead of just "one dps, one pvp spec", but then again I'm tired of them completely changing things up on us every single expansion.
    Third, I feel like all the raids are just sort of anti-climatic.

Alas, until Sargeras shows up, my favorite expansion will still go to Wrath of the Lich King, by far.

Edit: Not really into PVP, but from what I hear... it's kind of broken. =X
    Last edited by Ceyx; 2012-12-19 at 09:16 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't try to do every daily, every day and you will be fine. Don't let that scare you away. The raiding is some of the best since BC. PvP still sucks, but it's WoW... so yeah... Leveling is fun, still pretty linear, but not as bad as Cata.

Pet battles are a neat idea, but not all that great. better to just grab a gameboy and play Pokemon. Scenarios are meh, but a decent little distraction.

The continent looks great.

Overall I would say It's the best expansion WoW has had. Just as good as if not better than BC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It would be excellent but for the shitty time to reward ratio and emphasis on daily questing bullshit. Of course your gonna hear their optional and they totally are. About as optional as running heroic dungeons was in Cata. They are optional if you want to go nowhere in the game.
    Bitter. Party of 1. Your table is now ready.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Leveling: Just awful and grueling, especially if you've done every other expansion when it was relevant. I actually liked leveling until Pandaria hit.

Stuff to do: As a PvE player, enjoy doing dailies, dailies, and more dailies after hitting 90. As a PvP player, enjoy one-shot stuff killing you, or being unable to kill stuff because of healers.

Raiding Content: Some of the best content since early Lich King and BC. Cataclysm was just awful and late LK got repetitive.

Pet Battles: Makes you wish you were playing Pokemon.

Scenarios: Great concept, HORRIBLY executed.

LFR: Better known as "pray to your deity to get loot you can actually use". (Done LFR every week. Got about 15 pieces total. Not a single one has EVER been equipped because I had better stuff on -_-)

Conclusion: Eh. If you plan to raid, it's really good content when you're raiding. For the casual player, it really isn't that great. Also if you're a Mage, DEFINITELY DO NOT BOTHER until we at least see 5.2. Mage QoL has never been worse, especially with the L90 talents.
    AKA My dps got balanced, thus it's now a poor class?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Bitter. Party of 1. Your table is now ready.
    Thank you garcon. Would you be so kind as to have the waiter send a bottle of shitty expansion 2012 vintage over to my table? Merci Beaucoup

Thank you garcon. Would you be so kind as to have the waiter send a bottle of shitty expansion 2012 vintage over to my table? Merci Beaucoup
    With pleasure! *does the little french hand/mouth pop at the sommelier* Chop chop Louis!

I never thought this day would come, but; No.

I've been playing World of Warcraft now for 8 years, so perhaps my view is biased based on the fact that I am getting bored, but Pandaria offers nothing majorly different then any other expansion has. Everything looks nicer, and is smoother and some aspects are a lot of fun, but generally it is the same stuff again.

Just my humble opinion.

My only issues with MoP are that they gave the players more to do, but with less choice in how to do it, and when completed there really is no sense of accomplishment. Also I think I have dealt with more bugs making it to live in MoP than with any of the other xpacs I played previously (BC & Cata)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like pretty much everything about it.

I hope that was as ambiguous as your question.
    Instead of asking for other people's opinions... how about you play the trial and form your own? What do you have to lose aside from leaving your PC on overnight to download it? o.O

If you like daily quest grind repetitive slow progression this Xpac is for you

If you like Wrath/Cata model better I recommend not coming back

No.

Because Dailies of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying it a lot. It depends on what you like.

Leveling is good, the zones are good, dungeons are good, raiding is good, lots of stuff to do.

The only thing I ever hear complaints about is pvp balance, which matters not at all to me as a person who pvps regularly but at level Suck™, and about dailies which are admittedly plentiful but are not mandatory.

I dislike dailies, so my approach to the abundance of them was to not treat it like a huge, required job and just not do them if I don't feel like. It has staved off the burn out so many people are upset about. I got my gear directly from raiding instead, and while I do try to get my 90 lesser charms a week for my loot tokens, that's only, like, one day of aggressive dailies or a few days a week of a moderate amount, which is not really a big deal. In practice, I'm probably doing less dailies this expansion than I've ever done since their introduction.

But, hey, that's me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    With pleasure! *does the little french hand/mouth pop at the sommelier* Chop chop Louis!
    LOL. I like you

Anyways, if you are like TonyIommi and want to get every reward in the game by chain-running heroics for a week, you won't like Pandaria.
    If you like raiding but can't stand having to stoop to other activities like "questing" to progress your character, you might not like Pandaria.
    If you're hardcore PvP, you might not like it either.

If you like doing a variety of game activities, you might like Pandaria. The story is great, and the different ways to progress in game are a good new addition.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeenixUnity View Post
    No.

Because Dailies of Pandaria.
    Thiiiiiiiis^

Infracted: You need to do better than Thiiiiiiiiiis^. Please post constructively. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-20 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    I enjoy tier 14 and the concept of challenge modes alot although some of the new dungeons are kinda meh.
    If I weren't raiding I wouldn't play it at all though

Also if your sick a community that strawmans and exaggerates any criticism you may have then you probably won't like mists of pandaria. This community really is the worst thing to happen to the game.

Having a continent again makes the game feel like an expansion again. Blizzard did a good job with the culture and theme. As for things to do, there is a lot, but like most things in an MMO, it's optional. But if you want to do everything the game has to offer, there is a ton of stuff.

Also if your sick a community that strawmans and exaggerates any criticism you may have then you probably won't like mists of pandaria. This community really is the worst thing to happen to the game.
    The community hasn't really changed in the past 3½ years I've been playing. There has always been extremes on both sides of the spectrum. The subjects of contest changes though.