Should I switch back to Fury now?

I happened upon the most recent Simcraft and Arms is now the worst melee class, Fury is way ahead. I only have one raid finder 2 handed axe from the last guy. I currently Arms, 480 Ilvl and it feels strong but everyone and their mother says Arms is now garbage again...Raidbots.com shows arms to be like twelve to fifteen k behind fury....

Dan (Maxalyss-Stormrage Us)

That's true but if you're not in a really progressive heroic raiding guild there is no point to switch to fury if u don't like it, arms can pull some big numbers to but they won't pull as much numbers as a equally skilled fury warrior, play what you feel like

It depends. Look at my armory, I'm staying Arms because 1.) We don't have the crit buff (Which is like losing 5.6% SEP compared to 2.8% as arms) and 2.) I have a better weapon setup for arms. Arms honestly isn't terrible. Raidbots is showing arms behind because there are more high end players playing fury, so their gear/skill is skewing the data. I advise simcrafting your gear reforged/talented correctly for each spec, and testing them both out. Player skill is a huge factor, as is optimal gear. I sim around 94k DPS on a slight movement fight as arms, and 91k as fury, for example (gear)

Is fury better? In a perfect world, yes. But that doesn't mean it's always better. That being said, I'd advise trying to get two 1handers and learning fury eventually. I'll be going fury once I get a heroic elegon axe and a kil'rak both upgraded.

At ilvl 480 you dont need to worry much about it. There wont be much a difference I think. Id probably stick to arms until you get above 25% crit raidbuffed and have 2 decent weapons for fury.