ELE blast or primal Elementalist?

Which would you prefer and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    ele blast because it's more dps.

Elemental Blast cause it looks pretty . I take PE occasionally when a fight has a burst window, or has a damage increase phase.

Fights akin to Spine of Deathwing, or Wind Lord Mel'jarak (Heroic) PE is superior. However generally I find EB to be better.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    EB has slightly higher DPS, but complicates your rotation and makes it harder to move. I use PE on every fight and I rank on tons of fights, normal and heroic. It's not a large enough difference to worry about, and it really is a nice quality of life bonus.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

I've been using EB since day one.. now whenever I switch to PE it feels like I'm missing something.. I guess I just got used to having it in my rotation.

i am trying now on opening with fire ele dmg and on second ascendance earth elemental channeled 5% increased dmg and seems i do more overall dmg than with EB and switched from mastery to haste

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    i am trying now on opening with fire ele dmg and on second ascendance earth elemental channeled 5% increased dmg and seems i do more overall dmg than with EB and switched from mastery to haste
    Um i dont think earth elemental gives you a 5% increased damage. From what i gather fire elemental gives +damage and earth elemental gives +damage reduction. They both give +healing

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Um i dont think earth elemental gives you a 5% increased damage. From what i gather fire elemental gives +damage and earth elemental gives +damage reduction. They both give +healing
    This is correct. Earth Elemental gives 10% Increased healing, and 20% damage taken reduction.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Stupid question but you just let the elemental attack right or do you use it for the 5% buff? I was thinking about trying PE out. Also do I use the glyph as well?
    I believe you should always have the elemental attack unless it cant hit the target or you somehow can do about 800k dps or sum rediculous number like that. Cant remember where I heard that number from and may be off a bit but you need to do unreachable dps to get more dps by channeling the ele. The glyph depends entirely on the fight and your raid dps. If you get a third use out of it with the glyph but only 2 uses without then it might be a slight dps increase for instance.