Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Kardezar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    603
    Oh how cute, they're blaming movies and video games. I think that they just need a scapegoat, and it's as good as any as far as fox news is concerned.

  2. #22
    While there is no evidence that violent video games cause things like this shooting its really not the best recreational activity for someone who already mentally disturbed. Think about it should someone bat shit crazy confined to a houseful of guns be playing COD 24/7?

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Rommon64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    Oh how cute, they're blaming movies and video games. I think that they just need a scapegoat, and it's as good as any as far as fox news is concerned.
    The only thing better would be if they could some how link it to those dirty, dirty liberal bogeymen.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Last I checked the NRA never promoted murder, only self protection. I bet anything that if one person there wasn't a government cowering pussy, and actually used their 2nd amendment, 3/4 or more of the people killed would still be here. And for gun violence, more people die in a year from driving, walking, and eating, then getting shot in a mass shooting. Guess we have to make those illegal too. Also, does no one else find in funny how as soon as the US is trying to pass the UN Small Arms Treaty, all of a sudden there is an increase in mass shootings, and the government run media starts reporting on ALL of them for days. Kill a bunch of kids, instant public support. Its the perfect vice for the dumb downed people.
    No, you don't get off that easy. No "Isn't it funny" nonsense. If you're going to throw around that kind of an accusation, then you better damn well type out EXACTLY what you're implying so that everyone here can see it and laugh at you for it. I'm so sick of jokers like you putting pieces of a puzzle together that exist nowhere but in your own addled mind. I'm not even going to address the rest of your post, because such nonsense doesn't deserve a reasoned response.

  5. #25
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in WNY or Canada or Dead
    Posts
    1,305
    VIDEO GAMES THAT ARE TOO VIOLENCE AND GOREY THAT ARE BANNED !

    BY COUNTRY
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games

    http://www.gamefront.com/top-ten-banned-video-games/

    Ten FTW (Top Ten: Vide... : Top 10 Banned Video Games

  6. #26
    High Overlord Zace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    27 people get killed by "one" guy, and hes the worst person ever. The US army kills 26,000+ from random drone strikes in the last 6 months, but they're doing it for peace. Do you see why no other country respects Americans anymore?
    You're an idiot, that's all that needs to be said.

    Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-12-20 at 09:23 AM.

  7. #27
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,339
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Totalbiscuit has a great video explaining why news organizations like to focus on video games.

    Hint: Like all things, it has to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Watched his video today and It was excellent. He's very well spoken and makes his points in a clear manner.

  8. #28
    Blame Humans.

    Humans are the ones that continue the violence. It is a persons choice to do these things. Video games, Music and Movies might show violence but it ultimately comes down to how society acts as a whole.

    As long as things like War and armies still exist there will still be violence. Only when everyone agree's to stop all forms of violence will it stop.

  9. #29
    Wait they blamed that recent massacre on Marilyn Manson? Wow Fox really keeps up with the times huh?

    It's all Elvis' fault! Those raunchy hip movements!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster Desareon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between Time-Space & Space-Time
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    No, you don't get off that easy. No "Isn't it funny" nonsense. If you're going to throw around that kind of an accusation, then you better damn well type out EXACTLY what you're implying so that everyone here can see it and laugh at you for it. I'm so sick of jokers like you putting pieces of a puzzle together that exist nowhere but in your own addled mind. I'm not even going to address the rest of your post, because such nonsense doesn't deserve a reasoned response.
    You are the prime example as to why America is so far in the shit hole, and no other country respects you. Stupid retards like you that hanging from every fucking word your government barfs up, and not smart enough to think for yourself and see the bigger picture. So before you go insulting others and calling bullshit, maybe you should look at the obvious. They don't have to worry about hiding shit anymore, because they know retards like you would never connect the dots anyways. Go back to drinking your fluoride, and watching Dancing with the Stars.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 06:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zace View Post
    You're an idiot, that's all that needs to be said.
    LOL. So I'm an idiot from stating the obvious. But your leader killing people is cool shit because hes got a Peace Prize, ok there buddy. Thanks for proving my point.


    [Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-12-20 at 02:49 AM.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire Rommon64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wait they blamed that recent massacre on Marilyn Manson? Wow Fox really keeps up with the times huh?

    It's all Elvis' fault! Those raunchy hip movements!
    Come on baby, let's do the twist.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

  12. #32
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I get a serious giggle out of informed ignorants that thing video games cause violence.
    We should go back to blaming Batman and Robin comics for promoting homosexuality. That seems like something the social conservatives would jump on.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,215
    Here we go again, if its not games its music. There is absolutely no evidence that video games are the cause of violence, violent people will be drawn to anything that gives them their "kick", they're going to find a way to get it if we ban video games or not, hell some even read literature with violence in it.

  14. #34
    High Overlord Zace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post


    LOL. So I'm an idiot from stating the obvious. But your leader killing people is cool shit because hes got a Peace Prize, ok there buddy. Thanks for proving my point.
    You're spewing ignorant garbage that doesn't even make sense, so yes you're an idiot.


    [Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-12-20 at 02:50 AM.

  15. #35
    One day there will be a day where I can not be disappointed in the world somehow.

    I just hope I'm alive when that day comes.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    While there is no evidence that violent video games cause things like this shooting its really not the best recreational activity for someone who already mentally disturbed. Think about it should someone bat shit crazy confined to a houseful of guns be playing COD 24/7?
    Why's that?
    I suffer from serious depression problems. I have had almost daily anxiety attacks for the last two months in which I fully believed I was gonna die. I take pills to just be able to sleep.
    Are you telling me that games is gonna make go kill people just because I feel like crap? I'd say that giving a person who's got psychological problems access to guns, is a pretty big freaking problem as opposed to letting said person play a bloody game.

    I can tell you, that gaming is therapy for me. It gives me something to do, it gives me a chance to activate my mind on something else than fear of dying every day and it, along with books and movies, is a fantastic tool to escape reality, something I very much like doing.
    Last edited by Creamy Flames; 2012-12-20 at 02:37 AM.

  17. #37
    This is new?! By the way, Fox isn't the only media outlet blaming games and movies. Try all of them. Every news outlet for some ungodly reason will blame games, movies and music at some point either for the long term destruction of our culture that led to the shootings or as a direct result of the criminal being inspired by them.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Why's that?
    I suffer from serious depression problems. I have had almost daily anxiety attacks for the last two months in which I fully believed I was gonna die. I take pills to just be able to sleep.
    Are you telling me that games is gonna make go kill people just because I feel like crap? I'd say that giving a person who's got psychological problems access to guns, is a pretty big freaking problem as opposed to letting said person play a bloody game.
    I never said any such thing. I stand by my statement, violent video games are probably not the healthiest thing for a mentally disturbed person to do for recreation.

  19. #39
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in WNY or Canada or Dead
    Posts
    1,305
    After i watch this video...............my thought is that Adam sessler sound like a true liberal!

    Newtown, Videogames, and the Issues of Violence - SESSLER'S ...SOMETHING

  20. #40
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    I never said any such thing. I stand by my statement, violent video games are probably not the healthiest thing for a mentally disturbed person to do for recreation.
    Well yeah. Neither is allowing them near guns. What should be addressed is recognizing those who are mentally ill to the extent that they would become violent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •