Deleted

Help me with a desk, should I buy one, or make one myself and in which position?

So I have had a glass desk, 80 cm wide for a while now, and while it has served me well I want to expand, I want 2 monitors and a bigger desk in general.

Now my room is small, like really small, but I managed to remove something from it where I put all my paperwork in.

I sawed a bit of my bed side so that my bed could fit exactly next to the door with the door able to close and open fully.

NOW, the moment is here, from that damned heating bar near the blue wall until the end of the wall it is 160 cm(or a bit more actually) and from the heater to the bed is aprox 120 centimeter.

Here are the pictures, just think out the desk and all my stuff that is lying there now.

http://i.imgur.com/DpKpK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ivvGh.jpg

My questions are:

Should I make one myself from wood? I have a friend who is very good in building and his father is a furniture maker, it's his job and they both agreed to help me, in fact, he helped me today.

AND what sort of desk should I get? I don't mean material, I mean how wide, and should it be a corner desk or not?

I just want to hear your opinions.

I would like to have some wiggle room with my chair. My friend suggests from the heater to my bed, it is good enough for 2 monitors.. but I want something else. While my friend's suggestion is good, I just don't like the look of it.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-12-20 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, how do you do anything on a desk that small? This is mine at home, although mine is black:

It's big enough that I can have my computer, my cat's bed, and a bunch of space left over for other stuff. I love it. I think it was $100 at IKEA, and it has served me well for the 5 years or so I've had it thus far. My only complaint is a lack of cabinet/drawer space i.e. none.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Wow, how do you do anything on a desk that small? This is mine at home, although mine is black:

It's big enough that I can have my computer, my cat's bed, and a bunch of space left over for other stuff. I love it. I think it was $100 at IKEA, and it has served me well for the 5 years or so I've had it thus far. My only complaint is a lack of cabinet/drawer space i.e. none.
    Well my room is just small, it was the hand I was dealt.

Deleted
    Mine look like this

It is perfect for me. I have 2 screens and my iPAD on it and still have alot of room for keyboard and mouse.

For that small of a space i would say a custom made one will be the best. Especially if you know a furniture maker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    For that small of a space i would say a custom made one will be the best. Especially if you know a furniture maker.
    Hmm, okay then. Wood is cheaper anyway but it's the building I don't like one bit. My friend will help me though if he can and his father.

and I thought my room was small =P its like half the size of mine!

Corner desks are nice, I prefer a straight edge for my arms though but that's a matter of preference

10+ Year Old Account
    i just have a 7 foot table from home depot lol

sorry for shitty iphone picc
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2012-12-20 at 01:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    I guess it's going to be a custom made thing then.

Wood should be pretty cheap in comparison to a complete desk.