Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    That's the uptime for having at least one stack of Frenzy. I want to pull out Frenzyx1, Frenzyx2, etc. See how long people are taking to build Frenzy, how long they're holding onto Frenzyx5, etc.

Deleted
    would be good to see if we can see this to finally get some decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's the uptime for having at least one stack of Frenzy. I want to pull out Frenzyx1, Frenzyx2, etc. See how long people are taking to build Frenzy, how long they're holding onto Frenzyx5, etc.
    Click on the # to bring it on the graph. Then mouseover the bar the comes up to see the stack count. You can also see frenzy stacks on the player.

You can see that Frenzy is generally at 3 or 4 stacks when Bestial Wrath is used and FF is being used after BW.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-12-28 at 09:14 PM.

And that's the thing, in that log, of his 5 BWs, only one was under a full 5 stack of Frenzy. The first two are expected not to be, but he's popping FF after BW with a 5 stack, and 2 of the next 3 aren't at 5 stacks by the time he's popping BW again. That has to go into the factor of the benefit of FF by accounting for potential lost stacks of Frenzy on the next BW.

And that's the thing, in that log, of his 5 BWs, only one was under a full 5 stack of Frenzy. The first two are expected not to be, but he's popping FF after BW with a 5 stack, and 2 of the next 3 aren't at 5 stacks by the time he's popping BW again. That has to go into the factor of the benefit of FF by accounting for potential lost stacks of Frenzy on the next BW.
    Of the fights I checked where he ranked high that is the only one where he solidly used it after every BW, on other fights it seemed to vary a bit but I'm way too tired right now to go through and check them all again. I will look into it further tomorrow.

Deleted
    doing raid tonight I found that always using just after BW ment it was always up for the next one.

I bet yall like 10 dollars that Focus Fire won't be in the game anymore by the time this expansion is over.

So, honestly is that a big DPS loss to not use FF? I play SV since Cata and I've tried BM here and there in MOP but since it has more buttons to press I tend to forget about BM CD's.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    I bet yall like 10 dollars that Focus Fire won't be in the game anymore by the time this expansion is over.
    ill take you up on that :P

Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post
    So, honestly is that a big DPS loss to not use FF? I play SV since Cata and I've tried BM here and there in MOP but since it has more buttons to press I tend to forget about BM CD's.
    No, it's a couple hundred DPS at best.

Deleted
    Wouldn't be surprised by this, but I am not going take you up on it.. I'd maybe reword it though, I don't think it'll be as-it-is by the final patch of this expansion (I don't mean a % change of the effect, rather it'll be overhauled somehow)... all that is assuming you're not right in that it is removed, which like I said, I am not willing to bet against :P
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2012-12-31 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised by this, but I am not going take you up on it.. I'd maybe reword it though, I don't think it'll be as-it-is by the final patch of this expansion (I don't mean a % change of the effect, rather it'll be overhauled somehow)... all that is assuming you're not right in that it is removed, which like I said, I am not willing to bet against :P
    doubt it will be removed tbh.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's a couple hundred DPS at best.
    Actually simulating in FD makes a difference. For me its a bit more then 3% dps. So with a nice nice ~500ilvl gear its more then 3k dps loos to not use focus fire on single target fight. (But its only a simulation, so its not a reliable as a real raid environment) But im still courious how we should deal with FF on fight like feng or windlord with multiple adds phase? Should we pop it up just before adds to get a bit more of a multishots or should we not use it for a better beast cleaves?

I normally use a focus fire as long as its at least 35 seconds till my next bestial wrath cooldown. That means i'm normally but not always back at 5 stacks of frenzy before bestial wrath is available again.... Normally I just use it immediately after bestial wrath ends (apart from at the start where i'm using readiness to use 2 bestial wraths back to back).

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:46 AM ----------

I could imagine it being reworked so that it is completely different to what it is now but I imagine there will still be a hunter ability named focus fire.

Look at disengage now compared to what it used to be. It used to be a melee strike that slightly reduced your threat like a rogues feint. Now it's an ability that makes you fly through the air. Completely different ability but the same name. There are 1 or 2 other hunter abilties that are totally different to their original design although I can't think of them off the top of my head.

funny how no-one seems to comment on what it does for the hunter, only for the pet... having 30% more auto shots during BW is not exactly bad either

but in 5.2 i bet it will no longer be something hunters push.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    funny how no-one seems to comment on what it does for the hunter, only for the pet... having 30% more auto shots during BW is not exactly bad either

but in 5.2 i bet it will no longer be something hunters push.

I did:

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Please refer to my post. Your equations and math here are incorrect as you will be losing X from BW since your pet doesn't have the increased attack speed, making it show that using it after BW is better.

In this case it is just about double the damage you get from using FF after BW.

There is also really no need to factor in auto shots because you will get the same number either way, but ok. 20k hits to 40k crits. With FF that will give me two more auto shots with my haste. which would be 40k - 80k without BW and 48k - 96k with BW.

So that would be 23k - 46k (26k -52k with BW) for using FF after BW and 35k-70k for using it after. Still comes out better.

And my math was wrong i didn't factor in BW with the extra melee hits. 37k - 74k for using it after and 23k - 46k (26k -52k with BW) for using it before.

With my haste (2506) I'd get 2 extra auto shots which would give me what I said above with normal fang kung. It will be slightly more with 504 Taoren. Using it after still wins.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Is focus fire used in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is focus fire used in pvp?
    Yes, I tend to use it whenever it is going to fall off or for when I need to cobra shot because the cast time takes forever.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart