Choir Bells - Make Your Own Music!

Very surprised this hasn't got a thread of its own already, it's really an amazing addition to the game, even if you don't like making music, or have no idea where to start.

For anyone who hasn't looked into this yet, a video covering the bells and the event (ensemble):

And for anyone who hasn't seen the choir bells yet, here's what they can do:

Can you guess the music/songs? :3 Some are played badly, but the timing gets hard when the delays are unpredictable ;(.

This addition is so awesome XD yes it's a mini game, yes it may just be a time waster, but the potential here is epic. If you were organized enough, you could get a bell choir going of your own, conducting all sorts of crazy nonsense. If you're a dab-hand at editing, you could effectively do it yourself.

There's a reddit list of songs which people are contributing to, it's already pretty big:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ir_bell_songs/

So! How have you folks found the Ensemble event and have you messed around with any of your own music yet? :3 Personally can't wait to get my hands on an unbreakable bell!

Cool, thanks for the list.

Think I'm going to play "We Wish you A Merry Christmas" to the opposing side while my guild is busy battering down their keep's gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Cool, thanks for the list.

Think I'm going to play "We Wish you A Merry Christmas" to the opposing side while my guild is busy battering down their keep's gate.
    ANet should add that if you successfully complete a song in WvW, your immediate area gets a boon.

I tried doing a few Ocarnia of time tunes but dont think i had enough notes, and could only do parts of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the best ones I've seen so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU9woCZqemw
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I tried doing a few Ocarnia of time tunes but dont think i had enough notes, and could only do parts of them.
    No you can, an army of bell wielding sylvari were running around playing Siaras Song (lost woods) in the grove last night, it was epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

So, who's up for doing Through the Fire and Flames?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I would be but I'm musically challenged.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I get that this is a joke, but the music you can make on these things is pretty limited. Other than the fact the range isn't that high, you can't hit notes too fast or they don't register/play. Or maybe it was just my sound card/lag.

I spent a few hours learning to play a dozen or so songs, it's pretty fun to do. None longer than 30s or so.

I wasted 20g gambling for the bell, now I've saved up the 50g to buy the bell but decided it's not really worth it. I could just buy 250 choir bells for 1.25g and likely I'd never use them all up. Not so sure they'd be a good investment.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-12-26 at 10:41 AM.

You can always play it on a lower bpm (:

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always play it on a lower bpm (:
    This, this is what I've seen most people doing. Everyone still knows what song it is, just that it's slower.

- Play all the parts on lower BPM
    - Record them
    - Change the BPM to the original correct one.
    - Win.

Kind of defeats the point of being able to play a song in a game

Good luck playing a song on 213BPM on GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck playing a song on 213BPM on GW2
    Challenge accepted!!