Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Whaaaat? I loved Cataclysm, but no way in freaking hell that Deathwing could have taken on Kil'Jaeden. Kil'Jaeden wasn't afraid of the Lich King... But he knew that the Lich King would interfere if the Burning Legion tried to get in Azeroth. There is no freaking way that Blizzard would let us kill the Lich King in the second expansion if he was as strong as Kil'Jaeden. If you say that the Lich King is as strong as Kil'Jaeden then what will they throw us next?
    Yes, but an old god empowered Deathwing whos in control of the demon soul would annihilate Kil'Jaeden imo.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    N'Zoth couldn't take shit, not even in the same league as Sargeras.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 05:37 PM ----------



    Archimonde was afraid of the Dragon Soul that Deathwing had, nothing else. Archi would rip Deathwing apart as would KJ.
    Deathwing alone achieved much more then both Archimonde and Kil' Jaeden(They had an army of millions and still barely even came close to succeeding(They did not cause the sundering so don't use that to back you up)), so I wouldn't say that. Also, Archimonde was afraid of Deathwing before AND after he had gotten the dragon soul. And ANOTHER thing to add, in order to destroy Deathwing, it took the power of an ancient and powerful demon artifact to just wipe off his armor, then it took the power of ALL the dragon aspects PLUS the most powerful living shaman on Azeroth to kill him. Archimonde died from a bunch of puny whisps... Lame.

    And during the War of the Ancients, N'Zoth WANTED Sargeras to come on Azeroth so he would do enough damage to free him, and not for Sargeras to kick his ass back to his prison, but so N'Zoth can kill him and most probably attempt to take over the Legion to make his plans succeed. It took armies of Titans to only imprison 5 Old Gods whom were all against each other, and both sides most probably suffered tragic loss. Sargeras is not as powerful as everyone interprets him to be, so that's why he sends his bitch to all his work(Kil'Jaeden) who then sent his bitch(Illidan) to do his work.

    Plus, there was even a quote from I think Brann Bronebeard, saying whatever lied underneath the Barrens, if it ever were to be freed, even Sargeras would plead for a peaceful death. And obviously it was an Old God imprisoned underneath the Titan facility and N'Zoth is known to be the most powerful Old God on Azeroth. Not only that, he has pretty much Azshara working for him as well who is also said to be as powerful as Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. I don't see where all the Sargeras hype came from, he didn't really do anything so far.(Yes I know, is leader of a army of millions, but him physically)
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2012-12-29 at 05:28 AM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    What I meant about sending Illidan was that it would be pointless to send him towards LK if KJ knew he'd fail. But if not for Malfurion he would've succeeded. Illidan would've succeeded and Illidan couldn't stand a chance against Kil'jaeden. Which makes me believe that KJ too is stronger than LK.
    LK without a body/before merging with Arthas = not same as the LK we met in Wotlk. + Snowballing effect blah blah, getting tired of repeating myself.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Deathwing alone achieved much more then both Archimonde and Kil' Jaeden(They had an army of millions and still barely even came close to succeeding(They did not cause the sundering so don't use that to back you up)), so I wouldn't say that. Also, Archimonde was afraid of Deathwing before AND after he had gotten the dragon soul. And ANOTHER thing to add, in order to destroy Deathwing, it took the power of an ancient and powerful demon artifact to just wipe off his armor, then it took the power of ALL the dragon aspects PLUS the most powerful living shaman on Azeroth to kill him. Archimonde died from a bunch of puny whisps... Lame.

    And during the War of the Ancients, N'Zoth WANTED Sargeras to come on Azeroth so he would do enough damage to free him, and not for Sargeras to kick his ass back to his prison, but so N'Zoth can kill him and most probably attempt to take over the Legion to make his plans succeed. It took armies of Titans to only imprison 5 Old Gods whom were all against each other, and both sides most probably suffered tragic loss. Sargeras is not as powerful as everyone interprets him to be, so that's why he sends his bitch to all his work(Kil'Jaeden) who then sent his bitch(Illidan) to do his work. I don't think you know much about lore if you said Sargy or KJ sent their pawn to do thing because they are not powerful enough. You know that it took WoE to even summon Sargeras and Sunwell for KJ?

    Plus, there was even a quote from I think Brann Bronebeard, saying whatever lied underneath the Barrens, if it ever were to be freed, even Sargeras would plead for a peaceful death. And obviously it was an Old God imprisoned underneath the Titan facility and N'Zoth is known to be the most powerful Old God on Azeroth. Not only that, he has pretty much Azshara working for him as well who is also said to be as powerful as Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. I don't see where all the Sargeras hype came from, he didn't really do anything so far.(Yes I know, is leader of a army of millions, but him physically)
    Sargeras have conquered so many planets that you can not count. Old gods are said to not only exclusive to Azeroth. Sargeras should know full well of their existence because his job was to cleanse all evil in the universe. You think he didn't know anything and just came here to be defeated by old gods? Titans didn't even need Sargeras to defeat old gods. Sargy went his way long before Titan came to Azeroth and the way you said that how Arch died was lame I could tell you that was one of the most devastating damage Azeroth ever took. The nature herself heeded Malfurion's call and destroyed Archimonde and ending destroying world tree,ending NE immortality forever. All this old gods are the most powerful being are pretty annoying when it has been stated that they were defeated and imprisioned even killed. Titan fell during the war with C'thun? It's war and the titan who fell may not even be a high ranked one.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-12-29 at 07:56 AM.

  5. #165
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Deathwing alone achieved much more then both Archimonde and Kil' Jaeden(They had an army of millions and still barely even came close to succeeding(They did not cause the sundering so don't use that to back you up)), so I wouldn't say that. Also, Archimonde was afraid of Deathwing before AND after he had gotten the dragon soul. And ANOTHER thing to add, in order to destroy Deathwing, it took the power of an ancient and powerful demon artifact to just wipe off his armor, then it took the power of ALL the dragon aspects PLUS the most powerful living shaman on Azeroth to kill him. Archimonde died from a bunch of puny whisps... Lame.

    And during the War of the Ancients, N'Zoth WANTED Sargeras to come on Azeroth so he would do enough damage to free him, and not for Sargeras to kick his ass back to his prison, but so N'Zoth can kill him and most probably attempt to take over the Legion to make his plans succeed. It took armies of Titans to only imprison 5 Old Gods whom were all against each other, and both sides most probably suffered tragic loss. Sargeras is not as powerful as everyone interprets him to be, so that's why he sends his bitch to all his work(Kil'Jaeden) who then sent his bitch(Illidan) to do his work.

    Plus, there was even a quote from I think Brann Bronebeard, saying whatever lied underneath the Barrens, if it ever were to be freed, even Sargeras would plead for a peaceful death. And obviously it was an Old God imprisoned underneath the Titan facility and N'Zoth is known to be the most powerful Old God on Azeroth. Not only that, he has pretty much Azshara working for him as well who is also said to be as powerful as Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. I don't see where all the Sargeras hype came from, he didn't really do anything so far.(Yes I know, is leader of a army of millions, but him physically)
    What did Deathwing achieve? nothing pretty much. He came out of the Maelstrom and altered the world (because he was so big) and went to Stormwind to go rawr rawr and then left. Archimonde killed the demi god Malorne with relative ease and KJ enslaved the ENTIRE dreadlords like it was nothing which is a huge feat. Archimonde wasn't afraid of Deathwing before he had the Dragon Soul.. now you're just making stuff up. He retreated from the war because Deathwing had it and he was not immune to its powers. The wisps you speak of would've killed Deathwing as well if they could have surrounded him like they did Archimonde, they were ancestral guardians which exploded into a massive explosion. Archimonde's arrogance and ignorance let him down, Deathwing wouldn't have been that stupid I'll give you that.

    The Old Gods wanted Sargeras to come so they could hopefully be freed from their prisons, yes. But just because they had a plan like that doesn't mean they can do it as easily as they speak, what are they going to do to him? tickle him to death with their tentacles? They can't do shit against him because he has many more powers much greater than what they have. Old Gods rely on mind control and tricks which took thousands of years to get to Deathwing.. an ant in comparison. So what makes you think they could take Sargeras? he'd wipe the floor with all of them imo. The Titans didn't lose anyone in the battle, they apparently lost one Titan who is so minor we still don't know his name so he doesn't even matter since it wasn't any of the actual Titans. Not to mention they were IMPRISONING the Old Gods, not just killing them (which they could've done instantly) which is MUCH harder.

    Azshara is nowhere near KJ or Archi, yes she's damn powerful but not in the league of the stand in leader of the Legion. I'm also pretty sure the quote you're referring to is from Krasus which speculates that if the Old Gods were set free then even Sargeras would plee for death, yet this is again SPECULATION and isn't even from someone who has witnessed Sargeras' power, not to mention knows how powerful he is now. I don't see how you can say he hasn't done anything either since he's blown up millions of planets, fought millions of demons and imprisoned them all and has the title as the Titan's greatest Warrior. What else do you need? go look some of his feats up on wowwiki/pedia.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    What did Deathwing achieve? nothing pretty much. He came out of the Maelstrom and altered the world (because he was so big) and went to Stormwind to go rawr rawr and then left. Archimonde killed the demi god Malorne with relative ease and KJ enslaved the ENTIRE dreadlords like it was nothing which is a huge feat. Archimonde wasn't afraid of Deathwing before he had the Dragon Soul.. now you're just making stuff up. He retreated from the war because Deathwing had it and he was not immune to its powers. The wisps you speak of would've killed Deathwing as well if they could have surrounded him like they did Archimonde, they were ancestral guardians which exploded into a massive explosion. Archimonde's arrogance and ignorance let him down, Deathwing wouldn't have been that stupid I'll give you that.

    The Old Gods wanted Sargeras to come so they could hopefully be freed from their prisons, yes. But just because they had a plan like that doesn't mean they can do it as easily as they speak, what are they going to do to him? tickle him to death with their tentacles? They can't do shit against him because he has many more powers much greater than what they have. Old Gods rely on mind control and tricks which took thousands of years to get to Deathwing.. an ant in comparison. So what makes you think they could take Sargeras? he'd wipe the floor with all of them imo. The Titans didn't lose anyone in the battle, they apparently lost one Titan who is so minor we still don't know his name so he doesn't even matter since it wasn't any of the actual Titans. Not to mention they were IMPRISONING the Old Gods, not just killing them (which they could've done instantly) which is MUCH harder.

    Azshara is nowhere near KJ or Archi, yes she's damn powerful but not in the league of the stand in leader of the Legion. I'm also pretty sure the quote you're referring to is from Krasus which speculates that if the Old Gods were set free then even Sargeras would plee for death, yet this is again SPECULATION and isn't even from someone who has witnessed Sargeras' power, not to mention knows how powerful he is now. I don't see how you can say he hasn't done anything either since he's blown up millions of planets, fought millions of demons and imprisoned them all and has the title as the Titan's greatest Warrior. What else do you need? go look some of his feats up on wowwiki/pedia.
    Can you link me a quote saying how Archi was only afraid of Deathwing because of the Demon soul? Because I heard otherwise, stating how Archimonde was afraid of him before AND after. The most powerful species of Azeroth(The Aspects) gave up their immortality and powers to defeat Deathwing(Or was it after?), which to me is more important then some genocidal race that Azeroth would be much better without. Deathwing could take on Archimonde I tell you that, though Kil'Jaeden would be more of an equal fight I suppose.

    Sargeras wouldn't have known of the Old Gods because they are thought to be imprisoned on Azeroth and in a deep sleep, so he woudn't have seen it coming. Mind control is not all they have, just like saying all Sargeras has is brute strength. Took thousands of years for Deathwing? No, they had him under control for thousands of years(Since the War of the Ancients I believe). Why didn't he attack sooner? Who knows, but it's just like saying why doesn't the Legion or Kil'Jaeden attack one of the only planets they haven't conquered yet any sooner with their 'infinite'(Bullshit) army(Since we all pretty much know next expansion is Legion based). The thing is, it took the Pantheon, which is an army of Titans to imprison them(Even if they did kill them), the Old Gods were bound to lose anyways since the Old Gods were said to be outnumbered. The Old Gods were fighting each other while fighting the Titans, so if the Old Gods were allied, the results would still eventually be in favor for the Titans, though with a much larger cost for the Titans. And who knows if the Titan that fell was minor or not, we know hardly anything about the Titans AND the Old Gods to know there true power.

    Azshara is on the same level(Or near) as Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde, it was even stated by Mannoroth who knew what they were both capable of doing(And I am pretty sure Deathwing was on the same level(If not stronger) then Azshara as well). Pretty much everything about Sargeras is almost speculation, because not even you know his true power. Maybe he had help by other Titans? Who knows. Another thing is, how do you know the Old Gods haven't conquered even more planets? Because one of the WoW developers even stated there are more Old Gods out there, in which they are probably locked into a war with the Titans.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2012-12-29 at 06:08 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

  7. #167
    Demons have souls now?

  8. #168
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    "Could God make a rock so heavy that he himself could not lift it?" <<< these are the kinds of questions that result from think like OP.
    That and the unstoppable force/immovable object paradox are popular questions for philosophy professors to ask, because almost every answer you get will be vastly different from the previous one. Off topic, but still fun trivia.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  9. #169
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,989
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Deathwing alone achieved much more then both Archimonde and Kil' Jaeden(They had an army of millions and still barely even came close to succeeding(They did not cause the sundering so don't use that to back you up)), so I wouldn't say that. Also, Archimonde was afraid of Deathwing before AND after he had gotten the dragon soul. And ANOTHER thing to add, in order to destroy Deathwing, it took the power of an ancient and powerful demon artifact to just wipe off his armor, then it took the power of ALL the dragon aspects PLUS the most powerful living shaman on Azeroth to kill him. Archimonde died from a bunch of puny whisps... Lame.

    And during the War of the Ancients, N'Zoth WANTED Sargeras to come on Azeroth so he would do enough damage to free him, and not for Sargeras to kick his ass back to his prison, but so N'Zoth can kill him and most probably attempt to take over the Legion to make his plans succeed. It took armies of Titans to only imprison 5 Old Gods whom were all against each other, and both sides most probably suffered tragic loss. Sargeras is not as powerful as everyone interprets him to be, so that's why he sends his bitch to all his work(Kil'Jaeden) who then sent his bitch(Illidan) to do his work.

    Plus, there was even a quote from I think Brann Bronebeard, saying whatever lied underneath the Barrens, if it ever were to be freed, even Sargeras would plead for a peaceful death. And obviously it was an Old God imprisoned underneath the Titan facility and N'Zoth is known to be the most powerful Old God on Azeroth. Not only that, he has pretty much Azshara working for him as well who is also said to be as powerful as Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. I don't see where all the Sargeras hype came from, he didn't really do anything so far.(Yes I know, is leader of a army of millions, but him physically)
    Well why wpuld archi and killy want to destroy azeroth? why not take what they want from it first? Deathwing didnt want anything other than a few artifacts it seems

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Can you link me a quote saying how Archi was only afraid of Deathwing because of the Demon soul? Because I heard otherwise, stating how Archimonde was afraid of him before AND after. The most powerful species of Azeroth(The Aspects) gave up their immortality and powers to defeat Deathwing(Or was it after?), which to me is more important then some genocidal race that Azeroth would be much better without. Deathwing could take on Archimonde I tell you that, though Kil'Jaeden would be more of an equal fight I suppose.

    Sargeras wouldn't have known of the Old Gods because they are thought to be imprisoned on Azeroth and in a deep sleep, so he woudn't have seen it coming. Mind control is not all they have, just like saying all Sargeras has is brute strength. Took thousands of years for Deathwing? No, they had him under control for thousands of years(Since the War of the Ancients I believe). Why didn't he attack sooner? Who knows, but it's just like saying why doesn't the Legion or Kil'Jaeden attack one of the only planets they haven't conquered yet any sooner with their 'infinite'(Bullshit) army(Since we all pretty much know next expansion is Legion based). The thing is, it took the Pantheon, which is an army of Titans to imprison them(Even if they did kill them), the Old Gods were bound to lose anyways since the Old Gods were said to be outnumbered. The Old Gods were fighting each other while fighting the Titans, so if the Old Gods were allied, the results would still eventually be in favor for the Titans, though with a much larger cost for the Titans. And who knows if the Titan that fell was minor or not, we know hardly anything about the Titans AND the Old Gods to know there true power.

    Azshara is on the same level(Or near) as Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde, it was even stated by Mannoroth who knew what they were both capable of doing(And I am pretty sure Deathwing was on the same level(If not stronger) then Azshara as well). Pretty much everything about Sargeras is almost speculation, because not even you know his true power. Maybe he had help by other Titans? Who knows. Another thing is, how do you know the Old Gods haven't conquered even more planets? Because one of the WoW developers even stated there are more Old Gods out there, in which they are probably locked into a war with the Titans.
    Archimonde himself said that once the Dragon Soul was in the Legions hands, he would handle that whelp (deathwing). Archimonde never once gavr any indication of fearing Deathwing, he was at the most fearful of the Dragon Soul.

    Sargeras may not have known of Old Gods on Azeroth, but considering they are a universal parisite, he almost certainly saw them beforr he fell to corruption (speculation)

    Azshara i think atm would come close to rivaling Archimonde in terms of power. She is certainly more powerful than Deathwing (Blizzard themselves think so), but I dont know if she would be as strong as the two champions of the Legion.

  11. #171
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,287
    I think Azshara now is on par with Archimonde these days. What with having that Tidehunter weapon and all.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  12. #172
    Epic! Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Posts
    1,515
    Interesting read. Keep it up chaps. I'm trying to get myself into this. Will reply soon!

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I don't see where all the Sargeras hype came from, he didn't really do anything so far.(Yes I know, is leader of a army of millions, but him physically)
    'Sargeras was a mighty giant of molten bronze who led the armies of the titans, the Champion of the Pantheon's cause. Like the rest of his kind, he was altruistic and just, unable to conceive of pure evil. Sargeras was called upon to defeat and imprison the hordes of demons native to the Twisting Nether, so that their evil would not contaminate the titans' vision of order. Sargeras went about his task devoutly for countless millennia.

    That was his day job before he went mental. Pretty Hype worthy i think.

    Then he went an formed an unstoppable demon army..

    'The Legion has destroyed world after world in its mad lust for arcane power and is thus responsible for the genocide of thousands of races across the universe, totaling in billions, if not trillions of lives'

    And you have the cheek to compare a being that plays on a galactic stage against some parasite who's claim to fame is whispering to the odd z list villain to drive them a bit mad? I think it safe to assume that now Blizz have confirmed that there are Old Gods on other worlds they must have had a run in with the legion plenty of times on the thousands of planets they have munched up. The Legion rolled over then with ease and moved onto the next planet while they picked bits of old god from their teeth. Its story book villain 101. They guy at the top is the toughest. So if you think that one Old God could kill Sargeras then i have to set my phasers to maximum hilarity.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  14. #174
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    'Sargeras was a mighty giant of molten bronze who led the armies of the titans, the Champion of the Pantheon's cause. Like the rest of his kind, he was altruistic and just, unable to conceive of pure evil. Sargeras was called upon to defeat and imprison the hordes of demons native to the Twisting Nether, so that their evil would not contaminate the titans' vision of order. Sargeras went about his task devoutly for countless millennia.

    That was his day job before he went mental. Pretty Hype worthy i think.

    Then he went an formed an unstoppable demon army..

    'The Legion has destroyed world after world in its mad lust for arcane power and is thus responsible for the genocide of thousands of races across the universe, totaling in billions, if not trillions of lives'

    And you have the cheek to compare a being that plays on a galactic stage against some parasite who's claim to fame is whispering to the odd z list villain to drive them a bit mad? I think it safe to assume that now Blizz have confirmed that there are Old Gods on other worlds they must have had a run in with the legion plenty of times on the thousands of planets they have munched up. The Legion rolled over then with ease and moved onto the next planet while they picked bits of old god from their teeth. Its story book villain 101. They guy at the top is the toughest. So if you think that one Old God could kill Sargeras then i have to set my phasers to maximum hilarity.
    I do think all of azeroth plus the old gods working together could kill Sargeras though.


    Another question unrelated to this thread.. If thrall is the most powerful shaman, then is he as powerful as Guldan was, or are warlocks stronger then shamans?
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  15. #175
    N'Zoth would be a good fight for Sargeras. The only thing keeping N'Zoth from gathering a massive army of his own from going planet to planet is mobility, since he is stuck within his prison.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    'Sargeras was a mighty giant of molten bronze who led the armies of the titans, the Champion of the Pantheon's cause. Like the rest of his kind, he was altruistic and just, unable to conceive of pure evil. Sargeras was called upon to defeat and imprison the hordes of demons native to the Twisting Nether, so that their evil would not contaminate the titans' vision of order. Sargeras went about his task devoutly for countless millennia.

    That was his day job before he went mental. Pretty Hype worthy i think.

    Then he went an formed an unstoppable demon army..

    'The Legion has destroyed world after world in its mad lust for arcane power and is thus responsible for the genocide of thousands of races across the universe, totaling in billions, if not trillions of lives'

    And you have the cheek to compare a being that plays on a galactic stage against some parasite who's claim to fame is whispering to the odd z list villain to drive them a bit mad? I think it safe to assume that now Blizz have confirmed that there are Old Gods on other worlds they must have had a run in with the legion plenty of times on the thousands of planets they have munched up. The Legion rolled over then with ease and moved onto the next planet while they picked bits of old god from their teeth. Its story book villain 101. They guy at the top is the toughest. So if you think that one Old God could kill Sargeras then i have to set my phasers to maximum hilarity.
    Ahaha a single Old God(Freed from their prison) could manipulate a whole army of demons within seconds if they were around their presence. Old Gods are extra-dimensional beings so chances are they are stuck in a ever lasting feud with the Titans in a different dimension. Another thing is, the Old Gods have already won. You can't kill an Old God, or they will forever curse the area or land. Plus, what good is Sargeras' army when N'Zoth(Or any other Old God for that matter) can just force them to side with him?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I do think all of azeroth plus the old gods working together could kill Sargeras though.


    Another question unrelated to this thread.. If thrall is the most powerful shaman, then is he as powerful as Guldan was, or are warlocks stronger then shamans?
    I am still sticking with N'Zoth(Yogg' Saron or the Sha Old God) would be on par with Sargeras if they were to be released. Nobody seems to understand the fact that the Titans only beat the Old Gods because the Old Gods were outnumbered, and they were already fighting each other before the Titans arrival. So please, enough with the "Sargeras' is the most powerful being in Warcraft".
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2012-12-29 at 10:21 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

  16. #176
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,562
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Archimonde himself said that once the Dragon Soul was in the Legions hands, he would handle that whelp (deathwing). Archimonde never once gavr any indication of fearing Deathwing, he was at the most fearful of the Dragon Soul.
    Perhaps meaning he'd use the dragon soul to defeat Deathwing... Deathwing seems to have been made much more powerful than he was in his "early" incarnations of vague mentions from NPCs

    Azshara i think atm would come close to rivaling Archimonde in terms of power. She is certainly more powerful than Deathwing (Blizzard themselves think so), but I dont know if she would be as strong as the two champions of the Legion.
    Azshara didn't shrug and break half of Azeroth.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz
    I am still sticking with N'Zoth(Yogg' Saron or the Sha Old God) would be on par with Sargeras if they were to be released. Nobody seems to understand the fact that the Titans only beat the Old Gods because the Old Gods were outnumbered, the they were already fighting each other before the Titans arrival. So please, enough with the "Sargeras' is the most powerful being in Warcraft".
    The old gods weren't "all out fighting," they were just sending their forces to smash against one another for the sake of watching them fight. The titans defeated the old gods, crushed their armies, banished the four elemental lords and THEIR armies, killed Y'shaarj, thought they had killed C'thun, and imprisoned N'zoth, Yogg-Saron, and whoever the fifth old god is, without there being a single titan having definitively been lost (it was said that one fell, not that they actually died.) It seems like the titans cleaned up house pretty handedly, and that was against the old gods at full power with the entirety of their armies behind them.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-12-29 at 10:26 PM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #177
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    N'Zoth would be a good fight for Sargeras. The only thing keeping N'Zoth from gathering a massive army of his own from going planet to planet is mobility, since he is stuck within his prison.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:09 PM ----------


    Ahaha a single Old God(Freed from their prison) could manipulate a whole army of demons within seconds if they were around their presence. Old Gods are extra-dimensional beings so chances are they are stuck in a ever lasting feud with the Titans in a different dimension. Another thing is, the Old Gods have already won. You can't kill an Old God, or they will forever curse the area or land. Plus, what good is Sargeras' army when N'Zoth(Or any other Old God for that matter) can just force them to side with him?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:14 PM ----------



    I am still sticking with N'Zoth(Yogg' Saron or the Sha Old God) would be on par with Sargeras if they were to be released. Nobody seems to understand the fact that the Titans only beat the Old Gods because the Old Gods were outnumbered, and they were already fighting each other before the Titans arrival. So please, enough with the "Sargeras' is the most powerful being in Warcraft".
    No, no they couldn't. You are just making stuff up now, Sargeras or KJ are just as good at manipulating/corrupting than the Old Gods. Take the Nathrezim for example, beings who are basically defined as cunning sneaky buggers and were enslaved by KJ with ease. Sargeras is like a thousand KJ's on steroids.

    You can kill an Old God, you said it yourself "You can't kill an Old God, or they will forever curse the area or land" so you can kill them but they will curse the land. The Titans could've killed them with the press of 1 button just like Algalon, I don't see where you get this high and mighty stuff from when if they were so good they would've beaten the Titans and not been imprisoned in the first place, or have already broke out of their prisons.. yet they haven't.

    Also, the Old Gods were outnumbered? rofl what? The Old Gods have a nearly unlimited army of minions just like the legion, not to mention some very powerful Elemental Lords. They didn't lose because of being outnumbered, they lost because they are nowhere near the same power level as the Titans. They didn't lose 5-3 or something (as in they killed 3 Titans) it was 5-0, the Titans didn't lose anyone. There is also no confirmation that I've seen that the Old Gods were at war with each other, only that a blue hinted "they might not be on the same team" or something even less vague then that.

    With what we have now yes, Sargeras IS the most powerful being in Warcraft. But before you try and counter please explain what an Old God would do in a fight against him, please explain. I not only think that N'Zoth would be completely obliterated 1 on 1 with Sarg but I actually think he would take all 5 of them.

    Also, no I didn't reply to your previous post because from what you said (without trying to sound arrogant here) you need to go reread the lore. Archimonde and KJ would destroy DW with ease, he is nothing. Never has been. Only thing which made him remotely powerful is the Dragon Soul which is basically false power. You also got Mannoroth's quote wrong, he didn't say Azshara is as powerful as KJ or Archi.. "Enraged by both his own failure and the questions asked by the Queen, he nearly attacked Azshara, but quickly realized the folly of such an attempt when he realized that Azshara kept inside her a power to which only Sargeras, Kil'jaeden or Archimonde would prove superior".

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No, no they couldn't. You are just making stuff up now, Sargeras or KJ are just as good at manipulating/corrupting than the Old Gods. Take the Nathrezim for example, beings who are basically defined as cunning sneaky buggers and were enslaved by KJ with ease. Sargeras is like a thousand KJ's on steroids.

    You can kill an Old God, you said it yourself "You can't kill an Old God, or they will forever curse the area or land" so you can kill them but they will curse the land. The Titans could've killed them with the press of 1 button just like Algalon, I don't see where you get this high and mighty stuff from when if they were so good they would've beaten the Titans and not been imprisoned in the first place, or have already broke out of their prisons.. yet they haven't.

    Also, the Old Gods were outnumbered? rofl what? The Old Gods have a nearly unlimited army of minions just like the legion, not to mention some very powerful Elemental Lords. They didn't lose because of being outnumbered, they lost because they are nowhere near the same power level as the Titans. They didn't lose 5-3 or something (as in they killed 3 Titans) it was 5-0, the Titans didn't lose anyone. There is also no confirmation that I've seen that the Old Gods were at war with each other, only that a blue hinted "they might not be on the same team" or something even less vague then that.

    With what we have now yes, Sargeras IS the most powerful being in Warcraft. But before you try and counter please explain what an Old God would do in a fight against him, please explain. I not only think that N'Zoth would be completely obliterated 1 on 1 with Sarg but I actually think he would take all 5 of them.

    Also, no I didn't reply to your previous post because from what you said (without trying to sound arrogant here) you need to go reread the lore. Archimonde and KJ would destroy DW with ease, he is nothing. Never has been. Only thing which made him remotely powerful is the Dragon Soul which is basically false power. You also got Mannoroth's quote wrong, he didn't say Azshara is as powerful as KJ or Archi.. "Enraged by both his own failure and the questions asked by the Queen, he nearly attacked Azshara, but quickly realized the folly of such an attempt when he realized that Azshara kept inside her a power to which only Sargeras, Kil'jaeden or Archimonde would prove superior".
    You're just full of shit just as much as you think I am. Read the lore? Where are you getting your sources? Kil'Jaeden enslaved the race, he did not manipulate them telepathically or through the mind("The exact powers at the Deceiver's command are unknown. As his ultimatum to Illidan and his appearance to Ner'zhul and the orcs exemplifies, he is a master of illusions. Kil'jaeden has also shown ability to control his overall size (an ability shared by Archimonde), but that may not be the limit to his shapeshifting abilities. Though these are the only powers observed in recent years, assuming that these cantrips are the limits of his power is a grave mistake. He is credited with enslaving the Dreadlords, a feat that would have required immense cunning and awesome magic, and his rank within the Legion and the eredar are listed as higher than Archimonde's. Even prior to the eredar's transformation, Velen acknowledged that Kil'jaeden was his, as well as Archimonde's, superior in matters of the arcane."). With ease? I don't recall them mentioning 'with ease' anywhere. And don't get your sources(If you actually have any) from WoWwiki because they are as well filled with a bunch of Sargeras and Legion fan boys(Such as yourself). Wowpedia is a better site for sources.

    There were 5 Old Gods and their armies, but there was said to be hundreds of Titans(Though only a few known Titans) along with their armies. What I meant is, you can kill them, but once they are killed, their presence will still linger and haunt the area forever. Yes they can be killed, as well as titans. You're are always saying "stop making things up" but "Ohh yeah the Titans can kill the Old Gods by pressing one button". No where near the strength? If they were actually no where near, then they wouldn't have stood a chance at all, and the war would of lasted probably a couple of days. It said one by one the Titans managed to destroy the Elemental Lords and their dark masters(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bEDM...8DScwz-wKYXPLc) so if they were really THAT weak from what you're telling me, they could of just killed them all at the same time with ease. Also, a titan did fall, and not fall as in "C'Thun tripped him". He fell as in died. And who knows, maybe more Titans have fell whom they haven't mentioned.

    I'm not even going to argue with this one because you're being very hypocritical.

    I beg to differ that I am the one who needs to reread the lore. You sir are such a hypocrite. You're are obviously going to have people backing you up because they are just as much of a Sargeras' fanboy as you are. "Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde can kill Deathwing with ease" oh please, quit it. Deathwing accomplished much more then Archimonde. Don't even say they are the ones who caused the first sundering, because they didn't. And where the hell does it say Archimonde is only afraid of Deathwing because of the dragon soul? I never heard or read anything that had mentioned that. And fine you got on the last quote, but I specifically remember reading that Azshara was much more powerful then Mannoroth and he knew it, and the only ones you could match them is Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde and Sargeras'(Though the last one is obviously exaggerating). But since I have no proof, you won for that point.

    After thing I'm done arguing. We both currently do not have enough information on both the Old gods and Sargeras' to know there true powers, since the events that happened between the Titans and Old Gods was mentioned very brief.

    There were 5 Old Gods and their armies, but there was said to be hundreds of Titans along with their armies.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 11:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps meaning he'd use the dragon soul to defeat Deathwing... Deathwing seems to have been made much more powerful than he was in his "early" incarnations of vague mentions from NPCs



    Azshara didn't shrug and break half of Azeroth.



    The old gods weren't "all out fighting," they were just sending their forces to smash against one another for the sake of watching them fight. The titans defeated the old gods, crushed their armies, banished the four elemental lords and THEIR armies, killed Y'shaarj, thought they had killed C'thun, and imprisoned N'zoth, Yogg-Saron, and whoever the fifth old god is, without there being a single titan having definitively been lost (it was said that one fell, not that they actually died.) It seems like the titans cleaned up house pretty handedly, and that was against the old gods at full power with the entirety of their armies behind them.
    A titan did fall. And fell, as in died. Also, this is some information frm the Dungen Journal "Countless ages ago, Warlord Zon'ozz and his soldiers waged endless war against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Millennia have passed, but the warlord still serves the chaotic might of the Old God N'Zoth. Deathwing has now unleashed this legendary faceless one to crush the defenders of Wyrmrest Temple."
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2012-12-29 at 11:33 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

  19. #179
    Pit Lord Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Let's see, the Lich King and Kel'Thuzad are the only end of expansion boss that players actually kill themselves. Deathwing is killed by the combined power of the Aspects and Kil'Jaeden isn't even killed. He's just banished by the transfigured Sunwell. So, on that alone, I'd say that the Lich King would get annihilated by Kil'Jaeden.
    I'm sorry, have you even seen the ending to ICC? Tirion kills arthas not the players anyway in my opinion Kil'jaeden could prolly disenchant the helm and frostomurne just as easy as he enchanted them xD....

  20. #180
    Also, Deathwing caused the second sundering WITHOUT the use of the Dragon soul, and was about to cause a second Cataclysm which would of destroyed all of Azeroth rather then crippling it, with use of his own raw power, something I'd like to see Kil'Jaeden do.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •