So question with Autheticators..

Long story short, I had to get a new iPhone yesterday.

In the process, it reodownloaded all my aps.

Since I got on WoW yesterday, it hasn't asked me for my Authenticator Code. It randomly does, usually.

Just did about..30 minutes ago.

Typed in Code, said Error 104.

Went to us.battle.net after several attempts, tried there too.

Said Authenticator Value invalid.

Tried to sync my phone. Says Sync successful but, obviously it's not working. Restored the app too and same thing.

Sent in a ticket to remove my Authenticator, or I'll just call tomorrow, but I just wanted to ask you lot before I freak out that my account may have been compromised..

Since I got the new phone, and since it redownloaded, would that be why? It can't successfully link to my account or something? Cuz otherwise..well, you get the picture.

I can't even log into the official forums to post this either.. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you get a new phone and install Authenticator on it, it's the same as getting a new physical authenticator, i.e. serial number doesn't match up.

If you still have access to you old authenticator (be it physical or mobile), then you can detach it from you account yourself, and then add the new one.
    If you don't have the old, you need to follow Blizzard's "I've lost my authenticator" procedures.. I can't remember the link, it is on all official Blizzard web pages..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    When you get a new phone and install Authenticator on it, it's the same as getting a new physical authenticator, i.e. serial number doesn't match up.

If you still have access to you old authenticator (be it physical or mobile), then you can detach it from you account yourself, and then add the new one.
    If you don't have the old, you need to follow Blizzard's "I've lost my authenticator" procedures.. I can't remember the link, it is on all official Blizzard web pages..
    Yeah, I did that.

I'm more concerned with making sure that it's because I got a new phone, and not because my account was compromised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah, I did that.

I'm more concerned with making sure that it's because I got a new phone, and not because my account was compromised.
    check your armories for activity, notice any loss of gear?
    or change of professions?

so on, battle pets missing?

if everything looks right you can "kind of" be assured. and yes on the new phone part, it does cause that.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    check your armories for activity, notice any loss of gear?
    or change of professions?

so on, battle pets missing?

if everything looks right you can "kind of" be assured. and yes on the new phone part, it does cause that.
    Yeah that was what I immediately did. My gear is all in place, along with my Professions.

I don't really Pet Battle much but those are fine.

i had the same problem, but i already knew that i had to replace it on my old phone with a new one, problem was, the bloody screen was broke (wich is why i swapped in the 1st place), remove the old one and replace it with the new, nothing can comprimise the wow account except for the small window from where you undo the old and create the new one, and i dout that in the little time someone has compremised it, and if there is then it must be someone that knows who you are......

This is one of the reasons why I went with physical authenticator, there are many things that can go wrong with mobile, phone dying, no connection, lost etc.

Okay..sounds like it's simply because I got a new phone.

Thank you so much guys.

I was getting scared I got hacked.

As was said above, when you get a new phone it's like getting an entirely new authenticator. The serial that comes by default will be different from phone to phone. The only way you could possibly fix this without having to go through the removal process is if you happen to still have the old one. In the authenticator setup screen there is a continue button at the bottom. That button takes you to a screen with codes, and if you enter these codes on your new phone it will transfer the serial over to the new phone (essentially 'pairing' the new phone with your b.net account).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    As was said above, when you get a new phone it's like getting an entirely new authenticator. The serial that comes by default will be different from phone to phone. The only way you could possibly fix this without having to go through the removal process is if you happen to still have the old one. In the authenticator setup screen there is a continue button at the bottom. That button takes you to a screen with codes, and if you enter these codes on your new phone it will transfer the serial over to the new phone (essentially 'pairing' the new phone with your b.net account).
    I did that and it didn't work.