Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Shaman Shock Petition

Removing the shared cooldown for our Shocks would be a quality of life change for all Shaman. It would not make us overpowered in anyway, and just increase our playability.

Sign this petition to send in to Blizzard so they can hear our pleas!
    https://www.change.org/petitions/bli...hock-abilities

petitions don't do anything.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may have good intentions, but like your post on the official forums, there's no numbers or reasoning behind the petition.

What are you trying to achieve? What are the benefits? Why wont it make us over powered?

It would be interesting to see a glyph where the shocks no longer shared a cooldown, but they would overwrite each others debuff. For example, if you led with flame shock which applied the dot and then followed it up with frost shock, the frost shock movement debuff would remove the flame shock dot. It would allow for different type of game play, while possibly not being overpowered.

Shock's shared cooldowns are especially a bane for elemental shamans,
    -since neither enh nor resto need Flame Shock for Lava Burst crits and Searing Surge (or w/e it was called that procced insta lvbs).
    -since neither enh nor resto have anything big linked to Earth Shock, like an elemental has with Fulmination
    -since neither enh nor resto are as dependant on kiting. Enh is a melee, and resto has a lot of instant casts when compared to ele

All of the above add up and are an increasingly big reason as to why elemental currently is among the worst pvp specs ever.

Because of that, it wouldn't be op to have. Spamming shocks as resto would be a waste of time (though having both ES debuff AND FrS snare may be op, yes).
    Spamming shocks wont do thaaat much for enh. We would be less hurt when being kited though (and mobility is a big issue for enh atm, so would help a little). When enh doesn't use FrS for the root (to not have it cause diminishing returns), enh uses ES anyways, so I dont see any op-ness in enh having shared cds removed.

And ele would finally be able to utilize FrS fully for kiting, in which they are horrible atm just because ES/FS are paramount for both their bursts.

That's why it would be a good, balanced change and not op. Keep the shared cooldown for resto (because we all know if we lost it again, it'd be because of them) and all would be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I don't see a reason for the shocks still sharing the cooldown for any spec.

Well, unlinking them for elemental and giving us frost shock to use on cooldown (with frozen power) would likely make elemental a bit powerful in pvp.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    It would be interesting to see a glyph where the shocks no longer shared a cooldown, but they would overwrite each others debuff. For example, if you led with flame shock which applied the dot and then followed it up with frost shock, the frost shock movement debuff would remove the flame shock dot. It would allow for different type of game play, while possibly not being overpowered.
    Really the only shaman players (myself included) who really, really want the shared cd to be removed are fans of the elemental spec.
    So that idea would just mean it takes longer since you would waste for time in gcd's than you would just waiting for the shock cd, tbh i would rather it just be an ele buff since enhancement can scale all the shock damage with mastery.
    Well it's that or they should give ele another slow/root effect, but I doubt that would do anything but make ele too op.

When I look at it ele shaman in pvp are really squishy so they need some kiting ability that doesn't impair the damage, a buff to LB would be a nice temp fix since at least its not a case of constant root + constant LvB which would be the problem with removing the cd from shocks since damage from ele is quite good, as long as there target isn't on top of them. Then again that's a form of balance :P

Edit: shaman kiting spells needs to be buffed, but not to the point were we can burst as well as kite...
    Then i think of frost mages... yeah screw it remove shock cd (or remove the cd from Frost Shock at least)...

I won't sign the petition since I know blizz won't do anything about it.
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2012-12-20 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Micro) management of my shocks are one of the things I enjoy most on my ele, and I also think it makes the difference between a good and a bad ele shaman, both in pvp/pve. However there are situations where I'd really like to see the shock shared cd being gone.

And idea I have for a while:

Glyph of X: halves the duration of spiritwalkers grace, but it removes the shock cd for the duration of spirit walker's grace

Shock cd, not shared shock cd so you can basically spam shocks. SWG can be purged and flame shock spam dispelled in arena. Spamming frost shocks would put people on dr and spamming earth shock has little point. So I doubt it would be OP, but it would allow for some very interesting setups/switches.

Coming from a PVE Enh Shaman perspective:

Removing the shared shock CD imo will do the following, correct me if I'm wrong

1. It will add frost shock to my priority queue
    2. Since Enh is not global cd locked anymore, we will be using earth shock + flame shock + frost shock, which will probably bring Enh back to being global cd locked
    3. There's no reason for Enh to not cast flame shock every times its off CD, since it doesn't trigger Earth shock CD
    4. Enh will do a lot more damage

a.Earth shock is a decent percentage of my damage, now whenever I refresh Flame Shock, I can also do an earth shock and a frost shock(we would essentially be the #1 in simulations)
    b.These are instant cast, which means that on heavy movement fights, our damage will not suffer as much

5. Nerf Bat to Enh Spec (speculation of course)

@ ashen1: Viable concerns.
    A suggestion I made before was to only unlink FrS from the shared cooldown, raise the cd to like 10 sec and remove its damage(if just to show that I'd be willing to trade something for the buff)

With this
    -FrS wouldn't be part of the prio, since no dmg
    -Not gcd-locked, since FrS still not used, and ES/FS still sharing cds
    -ES/FS would still share cds, so casting FS whenever ready/everything else on cd would be a dps-loss still
    -No change in damage
    -No nerf

-> utility would still be more readily avaiable both in pve/p, ele would still have to juggle ES/FS for pvp burst, but IMO that is something acceptable when they have the ability to frequently and reliably snare/root, w/o crapping on their burst.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashen1 View Post
    Coming from a PVE Enh Shaman perspective:

Removing the shared shock CD imo will do the following, correct me if I'm wrong

1. It will add frost shock to my priority queue
    2. Since Enh is not global cd locked anymore, we will be using earth shock + flame shock + frost shock, which will probably bring Enh back to being global cd locked
    3. There's no reason for Enh to not cast flame shock every times its off CD, since it doesn't trigger Earth shock CD
    4. Enh will do a lot more damage

a.Earth shock is a decent percentage of my damage, now whenever I refresh Flame Shock, I can also do an earth shock and a frost shock(we would essentially be the #1 in simulations)
    b.These are instant cast, which means that on heavy movement fights, our damage will not suffer as much

5. Nerf Bat to Enh Spec (speculation of course)
    Would be cool with 3 different shocks, though - would really make the spec more Enhancement-y. In my opinion.

He is simply asking that the CD not be shared between each of the shocks, which I totally agree with. He said nothing about them not having a CD by itself. We are still going to have to wait for it to be available to use, but the fact that we can use frost shock (and I know 99.99999% of you do not use frost shock in a PvE environment) into the rotation while waiting for everything else, is something I would very much like to see.

I have always wanted this & would like to see this change please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I'd like to see anything change with regards to the shared shock cooldown is with regards to Elemental, and Frost Shock. As it stands, in PvP it isn't worth the tradeoff for the slow effect under the vast majority of instances. The same isn't true of Resto, who don't really need either Flame or Earth Shock, or Enhancement, who get a much higher relative damage from Frost Shock.

Elemental gains a ton of DPS from Flame Shock due to the effect on LvB. Elemental also gains a ton of DPS from Earth Shock due to Fulmination. Those are both effects that don't see a similar version for the other two specs, and their contribution is so overwhelming that it pushes Frost Shock off the list.

That said, my solution wouldn't be to remove the shared cooldown in any way, but just to increase Elemental's Frost Shock damage significantly, while still keeping it below Earth Shock; allowing Fulmination to trigger off either Earth or Frost, but discharging 6 charges with Earth and only 3-4 with Frost, for instance.

The shared cooldown itself is an integral and necessary part of Shaman gameplay. It forces choices, and choices are a good thing. They're what make a rotation interesting. My example above is that I don't think Frost Shock is ever an interesting choice for Elemental, and thus it needs to be buffed a bit for them to be more appealing and make the shock cooldown MORE of a factor.

atm i'd like to see earth shock + flame shock not share a cooldown, as its making 4 set quite terrible atm.

if you have 2-3 targets u'll want to keep flame shock on them for crazy amounts of lava bursts, undoubtedly the best dps throwing out instant cast 100% crits, and flame shocks huge damage for 1 global.

but 4 set kinda says...no dont flame shock cause u'll be sitting on 7 stacks for ages wasting charges.
    also it counters 2 set by throwing out less lightning bolts.
    also aoe (pure cl spam) counters 2 set....

i dont see flame shock and earth shock sharing a cooldown as a huge part of elementals "skill" oh its under 5 seconds on flame shock, dont earth shock even tho i have 7 stacks, otherwise do use it, there's plenty of other ways to add "skill" into elemental but thats just annoying watching a big "YOU HAVE 7 STACKS" warning for 5-10 seconds, say u hit 7 stacks 5 secs left on FS, u wait....fs almost runs out FS, wait another 5 seconds ES...thats not skillful and its not a "choice" its just bad timing and costs u some dps by being unable to unload those stacks, a quality of life change would be say it could stack to 13 charges, but you could only unload 6 at a time, at least then you wouldnt be wasting so many shield stacks everytime it happens, and it does happen every boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    (Micro) management of my shocks are one of the things I enjoy most on my ele, and I also think it makes the difference between a good and a bad ele shaman, both in pvp/pve. However there are situations where I'd really like to see the shock shared cd being gone.
    There is no micromanagement with setbonus tbh. We are swimming in charges so much I can blow ES7 5 seconds before I need to refresh FlS and be at full stack before I even get to the FlS cast

Frost shock being unlinked, maybe, but its damage would have to be near zero'ed out since it would come in to use as a utility skill.

Other than that, I prefer having a skill cap.
    RETH

My question is

Can anyone guarantee that unlinking the shock cds will or will not be a positive change for elemental only ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Frost shock being unlinked, maybe, but its damage would have to be near zero'ed out since it would come in to use as a utility skill.

nah i say frost shock damage needs to be higher than ES with 7 stacks, then we can rollface like warriors doing 90k shockwave crits...cmon shockwave is just utility right? xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

///10chars

I don't think completely removing the CD is necessary. One thing they could do is make it so that you can use Shocks twice before incurring the CD, as they've done with many other conditional abilities. That would make Ele a little less cumbersome and it has minimal effect on Enh since Earthshock is so low in the priority.