Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Who needs a reason? Try it out on the PTR, see what happens, and keep it or ditch it. Just do it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    My question is

    Can anyone guarantee that unlinking the shock cds will or will not be a positive change for elemental only ?
    Resto with frost shock snare (and root), Earth shock (weakened blows), and flame shock (hello rogues without cloak up) would likely be OP.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  3. #23
    what i think for ele only flame shock should have no cd at all and frost shock and earth shock not share cd as right now flame shock is by far the worst dot in the game, this way we can multi dot and wont have flame shock despell problems in pvp
    Last edited by Velthari; 2012-12-21 at 07:34 AM.

  4. #24
    Shocks having a 6 sec shared CD is pointless for Enhancement since both FS and ES are more or less filler spells ( at least for single target damage) and Frost Sock is less significant for PvP since we we get Frostbrand and UW frostbrand. The problem of using all 3 shocks one after the other can be solved by removing FS initial damage and by making targets which are immune to movement slowing effects ( PvE bosses) also immune to the damage of frost shock. For elemental however, i have to agree with Endus, and for Resto, yet again , this might be to OP ( both Elemental and to a lesser extent Enhance have a long history of either not getting buffed or being nerfed because of our healing brethren). One idea would be to bring back Booming Echos ( the old elemental talent which lowered the CD of shocks to 3 sec) for Enhance, and to redesign Fulmination so that it increases the damage of your next shock spell by x% for each charge. However, judging from the annoyingly limited attention that Enhance and Elemental have received so far, i doubt we will see any changes ( i might be exaggerating here since Elemental did receive a 1 sec reduction on shock CD).

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantsless View Post
    Shocks having a 6 sec shared CD is pointless for Enhancement since both FS and ES are more or less filler spells ( at least for single target damage) and Frost Sock is less significant for PvP since we we get Frostbrand and UW frostbrand.

    The problem of using all 3 shocks one after the other can be solved by removing FS initial damage and by making targets which are immune to movement slowing effects ( PvE bosses) also immune to the damage of frost shock.

    For elemental however, i have to agree with Endus, and for Resto, yet again , this might be to OP ( both Elemental and to a lesser extent Enhance have a long history of either not getting buffed or being nerfed because of our healing brethren). One idea would be to bring back Booming Echos ( the old elemental talent which lowered the CD of shocks to 3 sec) for Enhance, and to redesign Fulmination so that it increases the damage of your next shock spell by x% for each charge.

    However, judging from the annoyingly limited attention that Enhance and Elemental have received so far, i doubt we will see any changes ( i might be exaggerating here since Elemental did receive a 1 sec reduction on shock CD).
    That's not a bad idea. (sorry for splitting it up, but this way I could read and understand it better)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Resto with frost shock snare (and root), Earth shock (weakened blows), and flame shock (hello rogues without cloak up) would likely be OP.
    so lets do it for ele only? we have all those new shiny specializations, so we might aswell get more from them than three spells and a passive. Heck, they could bring back Booming Echoes from LK, never really understood why it was completely scrapped during cata beta.

  7. #27
    Just add a snare to Elemental Flame Shock or Earth Shock and it will fix any problems with shock usage for Ele in pvp.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    It would be interesting to see a glyph where the shocks no longer shared a cooldown, but they would overwrite each others debuff. For example, if you led with flame shock which applied the dot and then followed it up with frost shock, the frost shock movement debuff would remove the flame shock dot. It would allow for different type of game play, while possibly not being overpowered.
    dumbest shit i ever read


    [User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-12-21 at 06:55 PM.
    do what you feel.

  9. #29
    stop complaining. just give enh back 5s shock CD like ele got back.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Sporky0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    464
    Unlink FrS from the shock cooldowns for Elemental only. It's the only spec that suffers. Increase the cooldown to 10 seconds. You would still have to chose between FS and ES as standard, but at the same time allowing FrS to actually be used without completely destroying damage by using a shock CD.

    OR

    Make it so you can have 2 charges of shocks stored up for all specs (maybe not resto, because it will just enable resto to use FrS more. Possibly not even enhancement as it really only affects ele in pvp). So in a PvP environment the shaman would have to be aware of how many charges he has available to best use when necessary. The choices for utility and damage would still exist without completely cancelling each other out. make all shock cooldowns 6 seconds, and you can't use the same shock twice in quick succession.
    For example.
    Use FS to dot the target, FS goes on cooldown for 6 seconds. Use of FrS and ES still available.
    Use ES 3 seconds after using FS, ES goes on cooldown for 6 seconds. FS and FrS would then only have 3 seconds left before the next charge becomes available.

    To be honest I'm not even entirely sure it's a good idea or whether it would work very well. It just sounds like it may be interesting.

  11. #31
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,134
    I've been saying it for ages but Frost Shock should have its own cooldown. When they added Fulmination Frost Shock should of really really really really got its own cooldown.

  12. #32
    lower the cd to like 2-3sec for elemental is all that is really needed.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    dumbest shit i ever read


    [User was infracted for this post]
    This made me smile. Have a blessed day!

  14. #34
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by ashen1 View Post
    Coming from a PVE Enh Shaman perspective:

    Removing the shared shock CD imo will do the following, correct me if I'm wrong

    1. It will add frost shock to my priority queue
    2. Since Enh is not global cd locked anymore, we will be using earth shock + flame shock + frost shock, which will probably bring Enh back to being global cd locked
    3. There's no reason for Enh to not cast flame shock every times its off CD, since it doesn't trigger Earth shock CD
    4. Enh will do a lot more damage

    a.Earth shock is a decent percentage of my damage, now whenever I refresh Flame Shock, I can also do an earth shock and a frost shock(we would essentially be the #1 in simulations)
    b.These are instant cast, which means that on heavy movement fights, our damage will not suffer as much

    5. Nerf Bat to Enh Spec (speculation of course)
    Simple fix. I mean really. So here it is : Blizzard places a Taunt on effect Frost shock. What impacts would this have?

    PvP : ( Casting Frost Shock ) Nothing. You hit for shit damage and slow the target, As allways. We get a little better because we can use all our shocks.
    PvE : ( Casting Frost Shock ) Game over for you.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  15. #35
    IMO

    1. all shocks should have separate CD
    2. all shocks should lose GCD
    3. Same dmg (= low dmg from shocks)
    4. CD ~7 sec +- 2sec
    Last edited by Nehem; 2012-12-23 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neöphyte
    This thread and others show just how much mages are unfamiliar with nerfs.

  16. #36
    I also think Frost Shock should have a separate cooldown, would fix a thing or two for PvP. It wasn't too long ago when Wind Shock (now Wind Shear) shared its CD with the other Shock spells, though it did do something else back then (can't remember).

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    I also think Frost Shock should have a separate cooldown, would fix a thing or two for PvP. It wasn't too long ago when Wind Shock (now Wind Shear) shared its CD with the other Shock spells, though it did do something else back then (can't remember).
    Wind Shear was a new shock added some patch ago. I don't remember it ever doing anything else, but what it does now. It was taken off the shock cool down to make it a better spell canceling effect. Because elemental would use the fire shock, thus having spell interrupt on cool down most of the time. They named it a shear and not shock to differentiate them.

    It's too much burst to have shocks not share a cool down. They would have to remove the damage off frost shock to make it work off cool down. If it did happen, I'd hope they bring back caster staves with high white damege. Bring back the suicide build!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •