Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I love ironic comedy and satire, and DB is awesome. Just gotta understand it .
    Indeed, one must be in posession of a mind of the same measure as the author.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love ironic comedy and satire, and DB is awesome. Just gotta understand it
    Some of them really are funny. But in some of them, the author just tries too hard and it loses it's humor.

Todays is one of the latter. It's just not funny, it reminds me more of nonsensical Blizzard bashing.

Daily Blink has really hit the nail recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Some of them really are funny. But in some of them, the author just tries too hard and it loses it's humor.

Todays is one of the latter. It's just not funny, it reminds me more of nonsensical Blizzard bashing.
    Personally I got a kick out of it.

Surprise! Humor is subjective!

long time since someone uses my art without asking for permission ...

yeah .. the "half face" on the tournament banner have a full heal http://pepperwolf.deviantart.com/art...ight-215145037 ¬¬

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah .. the "half face" on the tournament banner have a full heal http://pepperwolf.deviantart.com/art...ight-215145037 ¬¬
    Uuh now that's some mighty cleavage. I wish I could run around in game w/o always having to wear these ridiculous shoulder armors. ._.

Daily Blink is horrible. How they have a featured spot here is baffling. Their stuff is never funny, and never written over a first grade level.
    Last edited by Rawt; 2012-12-20 at 03:30 PM.

As usually i dont get latest daily blinks. no idea why they changed so much from the way they used to be.

Only about 1/3rd of the daily blinks are ever funny, this one was a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I don't see why the DB is funny. It's not funny, it's nonsense in a chart. It's seldomly funny these days.
    I think what happens is sometimes readers here miss the dev comment (or conversation) that is the inspiration for the comic. If you missed the real discussion, this looks nonsensical... but if you happened to have read the conversation, you find the humor.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well this Blink is stupid.

Mark of Kil'jaeden can only be turned in up to revered. After that you need Mark of Sargeras.

Can anyone out there please enlighten me what the fuss about this robot is all about? I seriously don't get it.
    Bingatron used to allow every character on your account to get a gift. So people would plop one down, then log in on 10 alts to maximize their chance of getting a 1 in 100,000 mount. For the players that can´t limit themselves and feel they have to max their opportunities, it was an anoyance to have to log in and out so much.

So now you can only get 1 Bingatron gift per account per day. Nobody knows if Blizzard changed the mount drop rate or not. Wowhead currently has over 100,000 boxes opened with 1 mount so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think what happens is sometimes readers here miss the dev comment (or conversation) that is the inspiration for the comic. If you missed the real discussion, this looks nonsensical... but if you happened to have read the conversation, you find the humor.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 08:09 PM ----------

Bingatron used to allow every character on your account to get a gift. So people would plop one down, then log in on 10 alts to maximize their chance of getting a 1 in 100,000 mount. For the players that can´t limit themselves and feel they have to max their opportunities, it was an anoyance to have to log in and out so much.

So now you can only get 1 Bingatron gift per account per day. Nobody knows if Blizzard changed the mount drop rate or not. Wowhead currently has over 100,000 boxes opened with 1 mount so far...
    See what I don't understand in all of this is the tweet where GC says Blingtron is a chore. Blingtron is probably the most optional thing in the game. It takes next to nothing to complete, and by the same token awards you next to nothing. How is it the blingtron is a chore and dailies aren't? Blingtron needs a nerf but dailies don't?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    See what I don't understand in all of this is the tweet where GC says Blingtron is a chore. Blingtron is probably the most optional thing in the game. It takes next to nothing to complete, and by the same token awards you next to nothing. How is it the blingtron is a chore and dailies aren't? Blingtron needs a nerf but dailies don't?
    There's a chance for a mount. That alone is enough for some people to do anything to get it. And others will do it out of fear of being "left behind".

I love this! Freaking funny stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    And you tell me what you need to do dailies for on alts?

1. Gear - for what? Raid and get gear, otherwisee do heroics and LFR. There is no reason to grind out reps for gear for alts.

2. Prof Recipes - You don´t really have to grind anything now. You can get Revered with Klaxxi just by questing through the zone from 84 to 85. Enchanting? Save your self the headache.. sell your sha crystals and buy the enchants from the AH.. half the time you will make gold in the process. Tailor bags are a big vanity item similar to mounts. Nobody needs 2 extra slots.

Dailies are NOT a chore mainly because they are content, they are story, they are the RPG part of the game. If you have done the new rep and haven´t been blown away by the story, then you should just grab a calculator and play a spreadsheet somewhere.

But really, the question I always ask and never get an answer to.. if you have a main, and you have an alt.. what else are you going to be doing? Most of the reps take less than 20 minutes to do. Some of them like AC take 5 mins.. What else are you going to be doing in that time that isn´t a bigger grind? more heroic dungeons? Farming ore?

I think people just can´t control themselves with dailies and do too many, then got burned out. I have revered with every faction on my main, I also have revered with 2 factions on my priest alt. I don´t think I ever did more than one quest hub per day on both of them. I always have capped VP and have lucky charms out the butt.

The problem isn´t with Reps, it is with people who are semi-OCD with being a completionist.. OMG, I must be able to ride a cloud serpent on all 11 alts. I must be able to craft every item in the game within the first 2 months of the expansion. Trust me, I have enchanting on my main... at almost any given moment the AH is selling the ´good´enchants for less than the mats... I am in no hurry to ´grind´ LWer through GL so I can make leg enchants that sell for less than the mats too.

Is it wring that i would actually not mind the champions seals? lol

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    no it's different. You can forget about dailies soon after you reach exalted. I'm not doing any atm
    Charms mean you need 45/week on average for as long as the system remains. I don't care one bit about rep but I still need to do 45 dailies a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Dailies are NOT a chore mainly because they are content, they are story, they are the RPG part of the game. If you have done the new rep and haven´t been blown away by the story, then you should just grab a calculator and play a spreadsheet somewhere.
    I already play EVE Online, you insensitive clod!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    TDB is getting less and less funny
    When was it ever funny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious TDB comic. I especially liked the part where the chart flows to "...who?" followed by Soap on a Rope. xD
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn