10+ Year Old Account

Leveling Weapons - Frost

So. Plan on leveling my dk here soon and was thinking about which weapons to level with.

Right now it's either 2x Yaungol Fire Carrier (these for some reason have an unusually high amount of STR for a 450, itemization budget is switched with Stam)
    or
    Spear of Xuen (which will actually be 471 since I upgraded it with JP)

I'm not really current on my info with the state of 2H frost. Is it still bad or is it on par with dw? Also, yes, I know one is an agi weapon, but it's also got a very high ilevel which = high weapon damage/huge obliterates.
    Look! Words!

2H frost is (in my opinion) the BEST soloquesting spec in the game. Glyph dark succor, pull packs of 10 mobs. Twoshot the first one, 20% hp back, twoshot next mob, 20% heal again, yada yada. The burst is amazing vs mobs with such low hp and by just picking them off one by one you get loads of healing. If stuff looks bad, you can just death pact / remorseless winter.

One of the reasons to pick 2H over DW for levelling is that DW relies on runic power for the real damage, while 2H relies on runes. You start combat with runes, not runic power. Runes regenerate between mobs, runic power degrades.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    2H frost is (in my opinion) the BEST soloquesting spec in the game. Glyph dark succor, pull packs of 10 mobs. Twoshot the first one, 20% hp back, twoshot next mob, 20% heal again, yada yada. The burst is amazing vs mobs with such low hp and by just picking them off one by one you get loads of healing. If stuff looks bad, you can just death pact / remorseless winter.

One of the reasons to pick 2H over DW for levelling is that DW relies on runic power for the real damage, while 2H relies on runes. You start combat with runes, not runic power. Runes regenerate between mobs, runic power degrades.
    Yep this is correct. Once you hit 90 it might change, but overall DW is best while lvling as frost. May want to consider lvling blood though, but your choice,

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=82965 would be the best for lvling (till lvl 88-89).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Actually

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86523

is the best leveling weapon for 86-90. The only BOA ilvl450 1H strength weapon has no secondary stats, so 2H is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    2H is still very good, but even if DW was better, the spear is so massively amazing that you would want to go 2H anyway.

Definitely just level with the spear as 2H. The increase in weapon damage from an average 450 weapon (using Lerah's Ribsmasher for comparison sake) to the 471 spear is worth very roughly 1887 strength.