Thread: Lf 600-750w psu

  1. #1

    Lf 600-750w psu

    I gave my old 260s to a friend and now he needs a nice PSU. In a couple of months he will upgrade to a modern GPU. Price range is 95-110 bucks.
    For now we have:

    http://www.amazon.es/Thermaltake-Tou...5997702&sr=1-4
    http://www.amazon.es/Thermaltake-Tou...5997702&sr=1-1
    http://www.amazon.es/Corsair-Enthusi...5996628&sr=1-2

    Modular its not necessary, thanks for advice.

  2. #2
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,537
    http://www.amazon.es/XFX-PRO550W-550...6006912&sr=1-1

    Save yourself some money and get that 550 will be enough to run anything except like a 690 or 7990.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    http://www.amazon.es/XFX-PRO550W-550...6006912&sr=1-1

    Save yourself some money and get that 550 will be enough to run anything except like a 690 or 7990.
    Take note, if by "260s" he means GTX260's (SLI?), they can use allot of power. Think they use like 200W full power. So a set of those is easily 400W. So a bit of amps on the 12V rail is not too much to ask.
    To the OP, could you be a bit more specific on what system you actually need a power supply for. Because i'm just guessing on the GTX260 SLI here.
    "LF 600-750W psu", this isn't WoW trade chat you know. Be a bit more informative.

    Honestly though, something like a GTX660 will outperform those two cards at a quarter of the power consumption. It seems a bit tacky to me, but hey...
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2012-12-20 at 06:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Take note, if by "260s" he means GTX260's (SLI?), they can use allot of power. Think they use like 200W full power. So a set of those is easily 400W. So a bit of amps on the 12V rail is not too much to ask.
    To the OP, could you be a bit more specific on what system you actually need a power supply for. Because i'm just guessing on the GTX260 SLI here.
    "LF 600-750W psu", this isn't WoW trade chat you know. Be a bit more informative.

    Honestly though, something like a GTX660 will outperform those two cards at a quarter of the power consumption. It seems a bit tacky to me, but hey...
    He gave them to a friend I dont think its a matter of buying a gtx 660 over the 2x260s. He also said his friend needs a nice PSU so I'd take a wild guess that his friend needs a psu to power 2 gtx 260s. They are more power hungry than todays cards. Id probably get something at least the 650tx.
    CPU:i5 [email protected] GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Profigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    He gave them to a friend I dont think its a matter of buying a gtx 660 over the 2x260s. He also said his friend needs a nice PSU so I'd take a wild guess that his friend needs a psu to power 2 gtx 260s. They are more power hungry than todays cards. Id probably get something at least the 650tx.
    And what part of this post contains info i haven't already mentioned? D: Given the fact it's directed at me..

    The GTX660 part was just a idea. Seeing as he's spending about 115bucks anyway. If he's gonna gonna game frequently on it, he'll pay the same amount on his energybill the next year anyway. Might aswell get something fancy.

  6. #6
    Immortal Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    7,756
    Either of these will support 260 SLI or any new card he might add.

    Seasonic S12II-620

    Seasonic M12II-620 (modular version)

    Antec HCG-620

    Antec HCG-620M (modular version, Seasonic OEM)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: 1440p BenQ GW2765HT 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  7. #7
    Hi, first of all many thx for your quick replies.

    His new system will be a z77 based so an i5 3570k with 16gb of memory hdd, ssd and all that stuff. The only he wont buy graphics card, so I´m giving him mines (260 SLI).
    Room for some OC and expansion will be nice.

    Thx again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •