Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Guardian] How are bears holding up?

I'm curious how bears are doing in mop. Anyone been getting complaints being squishy n stuff? Do bears bring anything useful to the raid or is there moments where people wish they did or didn't bring a bear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I'm curious how bears are doing in mop. Anyone been getting complaints being squishy n stuff? Do bears bring anything useful to the raid or is there moments where people wish they did or didn't bring a bear?
    I haven't seen many Guardian Druids lately, but they're in an okay spot so I've heard. DKs > Pala/Monk > Bear > Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I haven't seen many Guardian Druids lately, but they're in an okay spot so I've heard. DKs > Pala/Monk > Bear > Warrior
    i am not even going to comment on this, People tend to use hearsay like this as hardfact,

10+ Year Old Account
    Im currently a bear tank with a warrior tank. Only time I wished i was something else was on Gara'jal- either dodge the attack, or get hit full in the face. Leveling up alternative tanks atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubadix View Post
    i am not even going to comment on this, People tend to use hearsay like this as hardfact,
    Don't act like an asshole. He merely said he has heard they're in an "okay spot". He never claimed it was hard facts...

On-topic: I've known many of my friends, and guilds to drop Guardian Druids. Maybe a coincidence.

Please do not insult people. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-12-20 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    Duuuuuh I was hoping this to be a thread about gay hairy men (usually called "bears") doing liftups

Deleted
    You don't see che subforum from the MMO homepage box! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
    Duuuuuh I was hoping this to be a thread about gay hairy men (usually called "bears") doing liftups
    Heh, that was kind of what I thought too, since the title doesn't make sense in the intended context.

This is totally non-scientific, but the Druid tanks I've seen have done fine(well, there's was that one guy who just dinged and was getting owned with crappy gear). I feel like I am mostly seeing pallys and dk's, at least in heroics, LFR, and Sha/Galleon runs, but since I am running a pally and a dk tank ATM, I could be experiencing self-selection bias, or whatever the appropriate term is.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 06:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..because that is totally sensible in the druid class forum?
    No, because from the MMO-champ home page you don't see what forum it's on, and most threads on the front page have nothing to do with wow.

Edit: and since you changed the thread title, these comments make no sense now.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-20 at 11:17 AM.

Bears are doing fine atm. Although they lack utility besides a stampeding roar which can come in handy in one or two fights.
    The thing I like about them since the recent patch, their tooth and claw ability can help out the other tank while you off tank. Granted without vengeance, it can be very little mitigation, but none the less it is still mitigation.

If you want to see how bears work a bit more, you can check out my youtube channel, I am the bear tank pov.

Guardians are fine. Anyone claiming otherwise is either terrible at it, or is/was playing with a terrible Guardian.

The only fight where we kind of have an issue is Lei Shi, but that's easily solved with good cooldown usage.

The biggest problem any class faces is ignorance. Whether it be people that simply don't know how to play the class or moreover from other classes criticizing a class they don't understand. Just this week during the 2nd half of HoF LFR, I had a priest call me an idiot and start linking my gear, claiming it was dps gear and not tanking gear. The entire LFR lol'd and vote kicked him on the spot. Apparently even with a 490 ilvl, I'm suppose to stack stam & dodge for LFR. He had obviously never heard of an RPS build.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-12-20 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post

Only on the Proudmoore server.

Bears are fine right now, but I don't find them to be quite as entertaining to play as Monks at the moment, which require a lot of more active management and are a lot more mobile than bears. Playing a monk feels really fast paced, and a bear feels a little sluggish and predictable by comparison.

That being said, bears are functionally sufficient, and if that's what matters, that's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one real advantage to having a bear in raid is that his symbiosis is going on the other tank, giving them an extra defensive cd.

I, for one, really dislike the new SD model but greatly enjoy the self healing provided by FR. Guardian just feels like whack a mole compared to some other tank classes.

My OS is guardian so i dont get to many chances to tank in raids but when i do i dont have any issues. You only need to know boss mechanics and to use your cds wise, like on empress in HoV, save cds for p2 since they are not really needed on boss tanking phase. And my ilvl is about 482 with 2-3 blue and few lfr items, so for a good geared guarding who knows tactics there shouldnt be any issue....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubadix View Post
    Sick, correct me then. As that in my mind is the priority of tanking classes in 10 mans.

Sick, correct me then. As that in my mind is the priority of tanking classes in 10 mans.
    Even after Paragon says Guardian + Paladin is the best comp?

They're all pretty much equal in terms of capability in reality - assuming equal player skill.

We're definitely not squishy. Quite on the opposite, actually. I've got 'complaints' about taking too little damage. :p

Currently my groups MT as a Guardian and my OT who out-gears me by 6 ilvls is much squishier then i am

DKs are great for Normals due to immense HP and decent HP control and since that's where the majority of the player base sits that's where the popular opinion's derived from but if you listen to higher end players: Paladin/Guardian is the best setup of Heroics. Bears bring a ton of utility, cooldowns and control over their damage through a combination of avoidance, self-healing and a new "reduce enemies next auto attack" ability which is how Tanks should be measured these days: how well can they control their incoming damage.

Compared to say Wrath there aren't really any "good" or "bad" tank specs though. As Arielle said, we're in a pretty even place at the moment with the only outlier probably being Warriors (due to being badly designed) and Monks (due to being very difficult to play very well) but even then they still can do Heroic content without many more problems than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Gladly. All tank classes are wholly equal. Certain classes have advantages with certain fights and other tanks with other fights, but there is no top tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Bears are doing fine atm. Although they lack utility besides a stampeding roar which can come in handy in one or two fights.
    The thing I like about them since the recent patch, their tooth and claw ability can help out the other tank while you off tank. Granted without vengeance, it can be very little mitigation, but none the less it is still mitigation.

If you want to see how bears work a bit more, you can check out my youtube channel, I am the bear tank pov.
    Bears lack utility??? I'll remember that the next time I give a DK might of ursoc...or have a battle rez that can be cast instantly...or be able to heal other members of my raid while still tanking...yeah no utility.