New player, Ranger?

New player here, for a person that love the bow/ranger playstyle, what build should I try to go for on my Rogue? Picture a hunter - wow playstyle but more focused around the ranger, or 50/50 ranger and pet. Any ideas?

You should probably pick the ranger. A rogue soul.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

See below

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...s-spec-sl.html

The Rift playerbase is not exactly keen on Pure builds and mostly find hybrid builds to be top DPS and utility for raid/bosses.

Hybrid MM/Ranger is currently the top ranged DPS spec for rogues at end-game, and plays very similar to a WoW Hunter. 40MM/36RNG is the top dog currently, but for leveling I would probably put the points into Ranger first for the better tank pet, then look at Marksman.

Anyone know of a model viewer for Rift? Having troubles deciding if I want my ranger/marksman to be a Bahimi or Mathosian.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started the game today acquired it via Raptr and i was following the pre-made builds on the Soul page (Sharpshooter i think, the one with Marksman as main and Ranger/Assassin as secondary) . Is that , like bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I just started the game today acquired it via Raptr and i was following the pre-made builds on the Soul page (Sharpshooter i think, the one with Marksman as main and Ranger/Assassin as secondary) . Is that , like bad?
    not at all

those builds are designed to guide you and give you an indication of how the soul selection plays. you can revamp it to your heart's desires, and almost all those specs (if not all) are actually viable in all PvE environments except for hardcore raids.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Nope, not at all.
    Stick with the premade builds until you reach 60, and then just guide it out to see what's the best for the highest DPS.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    not at all

those builds are designed to guide you and give you an indication of how the soul selection plays. you can revamp it to your heart's desires, and almost all those specs (if not all) are actually viable in all PvE environments except for hardcore raids.
    That cool then, as im not usually into all the hardcore raids and stuff, mostly casual player. I might use the "best" build, but whilst leveling i figured following the templates from Trion wouldnt be all bad.
    Also just noticed the guide on your sig and am about to read it =p , seems well organized with lots of info for a newb like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Anyone know of a model viewer for Rift? Having troubles deciding if I want my ranger/marksman to be a Bahimi or Mathosian.
    There isn't a model viewer that I'm aware of, but a partial solution is to go to the character creation screen and select race and class, there is then the option to display them in 3 different gear sets so you can see how they might look at higher levels. Do it for both races and pick based on that I'd say is your best bet.