Deleted

Legendary Gem Strategy

Hi guys,
    I finally got my legenadry gem now, but I have no idea what to do with it. If I can get only one of those, I don't want to use it on my current LFR weapon, but wait for a normal or heroic one. A fellow player told me I can buy new gems for 10k gold, but I can't find such thing anywhere.
    So what is your strategy for using them?

Deleted
    I placed it in my LFR weapon and you can buy a new one for 10K just go to the dark prince and you will see ^^

Hello.

I got my first Sha Touched weapon this monday and was missing 2 Sigils for the Gem. I was so happy when I got the last two Tuesday, and the first thing i did was to put it into the Sha weapon.

But then I got a little panic attack, thinking it would take weeks to get another gem, if I maybe got the Normal/Heroic Sha weapon wich would be a big uppgrade.
    Before i could ask my guild, I was picking up the next quest from The Black Prince and I saw you could ask for another Legendary Gem. For 10k gold you can get another one, either if it's for your offspecc or an uppgrade.

So i was kinda relieved :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather bribe my way to getting 2-3, maybe 4 depending on the piece, pieces of transmog and/or buy something for my new DK than shell out 10k for another gem for a 500 DPS increase over a normal MSV weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on how long you think it'll be before you acquire an upgrade. If you're months away from getting a shot at normal mode loot, go ahead and upgrade your LFR one. 10,000 gold is a lot but not overly difficult to come by, especially if you've got a crafter.

it took me almost 2 months to get a heroic weapon in firelands, and my BIS weapon is off heroic sha. basically, you cant assume your weapon will drop right away, so do what will help you right now.

starshatter wont drop, nor will normal shin'ka, so i put it in the lfr version and upgraded it to 2/2. it's a big dps increase now, and I cant assume a weapon will drop right away. if it does, 10k isnt that hard to grind with dailies or playing the ah now.

basically, if its a dps increase to use it now, use it. gems arent a one shot deal, so it's definitely worth using.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been my experience that if you don't enchant/gem your gear because you are waiting for an upgrade it will never drop. But if you enchant/gem your weapon with the best it will drop the next week. Freaking conspiracy, always happens to me that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    It's always been my experience that if you don't enchant/gem your gear because you are waiting for an upgrade it will never drop. But if you enchant/gem your weapon with the best it will drop the next week. Freaking conspiracy, always happens to me that is.
    Can definitely relate to this. I should get the RF Taoren and gem it, then I can be assured the normal mode version will drop.

ths is always my prob....

raiders will use it instantly for any dps upgrade and will have the gold to buy another one when 509 sha wep drops, casuals can use it whenever they want.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, pretty much this.