Deleted

Resto help on Elegon 10man normal

We are a raid team of friends the core of whom have been together since Cata with some new raiders joining at the start of MoP.

We are struggling on Elegon but it's been pretty much the same on each progression boss. We only seem to progress once we have overgeared for the fight.

We also have no experienced raid leader who knows all classes so we rely on individuals to know their own classes and maybe there are some who need that extra help or kick.

I am going to link all our main raiders WoLs for Elegon in their specific class forums for tips and advice but thought I had better start with me to avoid any rebellions!

Thanks in advance for any positive feedback.

Hallowquest

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/j23yo...m/healingDone/

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/p3p1a...m/healingDone/

It looks like ya'll are taking a ton of damage from Cosmic Sparks in phase 3. You really need to make sure that people aren't taking unnecessary damage during that phase by standing in pools. DPS an healers need to use their cc abilities and stay away from these guys and the tanks MUST pick them up.

This is a hard fight. You cannot have anyone make a mistake or it will most likely end in a wipe.

Deleted
    I probably see you with your dps gear, or at least I hope it's your dps gear :P

Taking a fast look at your logs I see:
    - really low usage of healing stream totem (you must have it on cd);
    - healing rain not used in conjunction with unleash life (you must drop healing rain with unleash life up);
    - bad cd usage
    - too much healing surge/greater healing wave spam

You have much work to do :P

I would suggest the following, although what works for me may not work for everyone.

-Work on your spell uptime. Healing Stream and Earth Shield especially.
    -Pay attention to when damage happens. The raid dips low after a protector explodes, but wont take any more damage until the next one, there is no reason to go into panic mode, let hots and aoe heals bring them up over time.
    -Make sure players are dropping their stacks before each protector explosion and after each wave of energy charges dies.
    -Dust off Healing Wave. Seriously, relying on GHW and HS is going to limit your effectiveness by putting a strain on your mana.
    -Use your cooldowns. All of them, make a plan, use cd's for specific parts of the fight, not just reacting when things go wrong.
    -There are two healers, don't play like you are doing everything yourself. Talk to the other healer about who is going to handle what. Communicate cd's.

I'd paste the link to my kill (first kill actually) but I'm too new. Easy enough to search out the report on World of Logs. Guild: Witty Name. Server: US-Nordrassil. Kill was on 12-12-12.

Good Luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kastodian View Post
    We are a raid team of friends the core of whom have been together since Cata with some new raiders joining at the start of MoP.

We are struggling on Elegon but it's been pretty much the same on each progression boss. We only seem to progress once we have overgeared for the fight.

We also have no experienced raid leader who knows all classes so we rely on individuals to know their own classes and maybe there are some who need that extra help or kick.

I am going to link all our main raiders WoLs for Elegon in their specific class forums for tips and advice but thought I had better start with me to avoid any rebellions!

Thanks in advance for any positive feedback.

Hallowquest

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/j23yo...m/healingDone/

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/p3p1a...m/healingDone/
    Yes, Elegon is a pretty difficult fight. In phase one, stand bit further in so you have range on the tanks. Keep Earth Shield up at 100%, use less Riptide and more Healing Stream Totem. I like to use HST during phase two myself, while spamming effectively Healing Wave, because Healing Rain will be pointless and Chain Heal is unreliable in 10man unlike 25man. In phase one you can use Healing Rain though, melee or ranged depending on composition. When phase two is more tricky because you are on your own, hence you relie a lot of Healing Stream Totem more. (totemic recall last two seconds to regain mana back), you can best use a healing cooldown when things get too rough. Once Phase two ends, use your Spiritwalker's Grace while avoiding adds and keep healing people up since they'll all get close together you can Chain Heal them more. Phase one and phase two is just a same. Phase three is easiest of all, all have to be stacked underneath boss so you just place Healing Rain down (a cooldown if necessary) and spam HW to remain mana, unless you are pretty good at mana go Chain Heal. Have people run out though, they will take too much dmg. They don't die from going out for split second to remove stacks.

No offense but so many people are slightly off in 10 man healing wave is huge (its free healing and can = greater mana regen.) I am assuming you run into mana issues cause lets be honest if you weren't the boss would be dead. You don't even need to look at logs its pretty simple in my eyes. Yes keep ES on tank but not essential (yes it will boost your hps yes it will help tank healing but hey if you miss it you will be fine, I log top 50 constantly and always miss ES alot its not a big deal (this is in 25 man heroic slightly different spent start of expansion as 10 man though).)

Just focus on communication that is key. How many explosions do you get on raid before you enter p2 so you can totem 1 explosion paladin can take 1 and you can take another with spiritlink and ascendance. If you are getting more than 3 its dps fault not yours. When you hit phase 2 don't be afraid to drain your mana. Riptide on everybody on your side healing stream totem and healing wave people that need more. Stay at edge so you can jump to reset yourself or dip in and out so you can max your healing up time. Also focus on dispells as it helps and is simple to do he or you calls first then you or him gets other person.

From what i see in logs you are dieing in last phase. Why not just reset stacks you will take a damage hit but its far less than what you would take keeping the stacks ticking. You are not doing bad (or great sorry) but it seems that it tends to be your dps. So try to gain more stacks on the boss as these are vital in 10 man and thats what should drain your mana. Yes you may have less mana going into p3 but it will last less time.
    Last edited by Spongy; 2012-12-22 at 07:53 PM. Reason: started 10 man changed to 25 note