Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Prove it. We've provided incontrovertible evidence that Blizzard has directly stated that she is a god. You have provided speculation and rumor.
    There isn't such thing as a god, in wow or in rl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by airwaves View Post
    it

is

a

naaru.

Deal with it!

NO IT IS NOT. You are biased.

get to da choppa

You can't prove that in real life. Also Gods can exist in a fantasy universe since it can be proven via being written.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So when Blizzard says Elune is a god, and has a page on gods on their website, which lists other gods besides Elune, and makes it clear that a god is actually a thing and not just a meaningless appellation, Blizzard is lying? Is that what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    no it is not. You are biased.

get to da choppa
    Well in the end it doesn't really matter.....all the lesser pagen beings like Night elves will be wiped off Azeroth. May the light watch over you!
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Isn't she just a demigod but with more powerful potential? I mean Nelves have pantheon of worshiped demigods, why should Elune be different?

10+ Year Old Account
    So when Blizzard says Elune is a god, and has a page on gods on their website, which lists other gods besides Elune, and makes it clear that a god is actually a thing and not just a meaningless appellation, Blizzard is lying? Is that what you're saying?

He's bias against Elune being a Goddess anyways.

Isn't she just a demigod but with more powerful potential? I mean Nelves have pantheon of worshiped demigods, why should Elune be different?
    She was never considered a demi-god.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

NO IT IS NOT. You are biased.

get to da choppa

You can't prove that in real life. Also Gods can exist in a fantasy universe since it can be proven via being written.
    I can't believe that you haven't figured ou that this guy is trolling the shit out of this thread. He is simply making you angry because he knows he can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I can't believe that you haven't figured ou that this guy is trolling the shit out of this thread. He is simply making you angry because he knows he can.

But what if I'm not angry?

DUN DUN DUN

Get to da Choppa!

Warrior-Magi

But what if I'm not angry?

DUN DUN DUN

Get to da Choppa!
    Your first line proves otherwise.

Just ignore him. He is just being "one ugly mutha****a"!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to da Choppa!
    Already in the passenger seat. Now make that thing... you know.. move?!

In Warcraft, the term "god" just means "powerful enough to demand worship and has an indefinite lifespan". Don't confuse it with the real-life concept of a "god" which is infinite in ability. Anyone acting as if the title "god" denotes that they are more powerful than non-gods is misguided. This is witnessed perfectly by the fact that Hakkar, the Blood God, was defeated by a band of adventurers and then enslaved by a Troll hexxer. Hakkar was powerful enough to demand worship and had an indefinite lifespan, but certainly wasn't anywhere near the level of power we'd ascribe to a god.

Elune is likely quite powerful, but far from being the most powerful thing in the Warcraft universe, witnessed by the fact that the Titans could easily annihilate the entirety of Azeroth and likely take Elune with it. It's possible that Elune isn't actually that powerful, and that her only manifestation is as blessings. What if what we've already seen her do is all that she's capable of doing?

I don't understand why you think Blizzard would post all over the place that Elune is a Naaru now or before when it's never been fully established. Just because she's considered a goddess by Night Elf culture doesn't mean Elune isn't a Naaru.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the existence of Elune as the Night Elf goddess was introduced in the Warcraft RTS, before the Draenai were even considered part of WoW's lore. They obviously weren't going to call her a Naaru then, and they've never needed a reason to flat out call her one now since it has no relevance to the current events.

Velen's notion that Elune might be one just gives something for the players to consider - the comment does not confirm her to be a Naaru, nor does it deny that she is a god. All that it's done is give the possibility that it could someday be used as a plot device, and even if it were, it doesn't guarantee the Draenei's story will make Elune into a Naaru. If anything, it could prove the total opposite that she truly is a god with a vast distinction between the two, and perhaps the Draenei and Naaru will learn something new from it. Or Elune could be a Naaru, and just as Elune created Moonkin and M'uru fuels the Blood Elf paladin's power, it could also be used to introduce new race/class combinations in a future expansion.

If Elune were a Naaru, as suggested before, it would be a huge story twist for the Night Elf race, who already kind of sit in the back doing nothing and fading into obscurity. But it doesn't have to be all about destruction and chaos. If the Night Elves were aware of their source of power and had the opportunity to work with it, just as the Blood Elves harness M'uru's power (with less forced slavery, of course), they might have a chance to become even more powerful and influential among the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect the Naaru may have an origin that's somehow related to Elune.

Elune is a god. Okay, we've seen gods before, there's usually more than one. Certainly there's plenty of Old Gods.

I wonder if at some distant point in time, a relative of Elune created or brought into being the Naaru, hence their seeming relation.

I had a nifty idea about the Naaru being pieces or fragments of a single entity that fractured long ago. I quite like it as a theory.

Prove it. We've provided incontrovertible evidence that Blizzard has directly stated that she is a god. You have provided speculation and rumor.
    Being a god in WoW is pretty much just a combination of being worshiped, being powerful and having an indefinite lifespan. Naaru are the latter two, and if no-one knows that Elune is a Naaru and they're worshiping her anyway, that makes here eligible for the first as well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I suspect the Naaru may have an origin that's somehow related to Elune.

Elune is a god. Okay, we've seen gods before, there's usually more than one. Certainly there's plenty of Old Gods.

I wonder if at some distant point in time, a relative of Elune created or brought into being the Naaru, hence their seeming relation.

I had a nifty idea about the Naaru being pieces or fragments of a single entity that fractured long ago. I quite like it as a theory.
    If we're talking about very large, very powerful things that shattered, Sargeras' sword broke a very long time ago. It's in two parts now, but there could have been some debris, if you catch my drift.

You know I would like the idea of Elune being the creator of the Naaru.

It makes no sense because Elune, from all indications, is local to Azeroth and very selective of her following, whereas the Naaru are much broader in their influence.

It seems to make a lot more sense that it's the other way around, and that Elune is some being that is a creation of the Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    If we're talking about very large, very powerful things that shattered, Sargeras' sword broke a very long time ago. It's in two parts now, but there could have been some debris, if you catch my drift.
    I was thinking more in terms of a living being rather than an artifact. The Naaru appear to be made of crystal and are capable of generating tremendous amount of energy - an entity composed of them puts me in mind of an immense being made of glass and crystal and prisms, shimmering with the light of the cosmos. Each Naaru is but a fragment of this greater whole, wonderful and mighty even separated, but still in some sense part of a greater whole.

I think something like that could equal a god.

Although a fragment of Sargeras' blade would make an excellent mortal-sized weapon.

I like this idea as well. It would explain the similarities, and Night Elves would still get to say, "haha, my god is far more powerful than your Naaru!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    It makes no sense because Elune, from all indications, is local to Azeroth and very selective of her following, whereas the Naaru are much broader in their influence.
    That doesn't mean it makes no sense. Azeroth is clearly a special place in it's own rights at this point. The Draenei and Naaru came here, the Orcs followed, there's Titan machinery all over the place, the Dragon Aspects... now we've got the Sha coming out to play. You can think of Elune as being the mother watching where trouble is most likely to occur - we've certainly had our fair share so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I was thinking more in terms of a living being rather than an artifact. The Naaru appear to be made of crystal and are capable of generating tremendous amount of energy - an entity composed of them puts me in mind of an immense being made of glass and crystal and prisms, shimmering with the light of the cosmos. Each Naaru is but a fragment of this greater whole, wonderful and mighty even separated, but still in some sense part of a greater whole.

I think something like that could equal a god.

Although a fragment of Sargeras' blade would make an excellent mortal-sized weapon.
    What if the blade were sentient? Titans themselves are born of steel and stone, so it doesn't seem like a stretch that the blade, itself, could be a living thing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    That doesn't mean it makes no sense. Azeroth is clearly a special place in it's own rights at this point. The Draenei and Naaru came here, the Orcs followed, there's Titan machinery all over the place, the Dragon Aspects... now we've got the Sha coming out to play. You can think of Elune as being the mother watching where trouble is most likely to occur - we've certainly had our fair share so far.
    It seems a bit strange that the creator of all the Naaru - which would make her incredibly, incredibly powerful and the source of the Light itself - would settle down as the patron goddess of the Night Elves and mess around with things like Moonkin every now and then. It seems pretty baseless to think that she might've been the creator of the Naaru rather than the other way around.

I'd also like to know where she was when the Orcish Horde and Legion forces first set foot on Azeroth. The Night Elves were in no strife at the time yet, for some reason, she only gets involved when the Night Elves are involved.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2012-12-21 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Some crazy thoughts:
    Elune is a female night elf who has a pact with a higher power to bless her people with great power which also ascended her into a higher being. (NAARU LEVEL?)
    She ascended/transcended and can take any form. She has no physical body but isn't fully invulnerable. She is not 100% immortal.
    The fact she had Cenarius as a son proves she still has some Night elvish elements left in her.
    It can be that the moon she often gets referred to is a place where she watches over azeroth.
    Ysera took a night elf form to resemble Elune? (her relationship with cenarius/Malorne plays a part here?)
    Queen Azshara knows that Elune is not as powerful as everyone thinks "What is Elune to the great Sargeras?"
    Tyrande had a nightmare of Queen aszhara in the Stormrage novel, might be a warning from Elune or from Azshara herself.