Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Is Elune the most powerful in Warcraft?

She's a god and the titans are only demigods.

Is she more powerful than them? What about the old gods?

Why doesn't she intervene and help destroy the old gods / burning legion? ( other than the.. well the game will be over if she helps ) Any reason lore wise why she isn't helping with her probably infinite powers?

There are rumors that Elune is "only" a naaru.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Elune

Also a god isn't necessarily more powerful than a demigod.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2012-12-20 at 03:31 PM.

Because like all wise uber-beings, she knows that life can't continue if there's no death (destruction). The Old Gods, Burning Crusade, et al are the motivators for change - they allow you, as a character, to evolve (level up) and get stronger. Without their influence, life on Azeroth would stagnate - and nothing drives worshipers away faster from gods than stagnation. "Wow, my life is awesome, so safe and peaceful on my farm, I guess I can just stop praying to Elune to protect me, she has!"

That's my theory, anyway.

There's far too little conclusive evidence of anything about her for us to make decent speculation.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows why she doesn't may she can't or will not intervene. There could be many reasons why and until Blizz come up with something to explain why then well who knows.

And as the boss before Shekzeer says during the fight from death comes life, and from life comes death. Both are intertwined and need each other and maybe thats why she does not go and put the hurt on the bad guys so to speak.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-12-20 at 03:41 PM.

She's not a Naaru no matter how much desperate fanwank tries to make a connection (and fails miserably due to a lack of understanding lore for Naaru OR Elune) and she has helped, many times. She doesn't involve herself in every last thing that mortals with a portion of her power can handle. Just like the Dragonflights or the Titans themselves.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does a narru give birth to Cenarius? Like literally if this is correct

Elune X Giant deer thing makes Cenarius yada yada

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    She's not a Naaru no matter how much desperate fanwank tries to make a connection (and fails miserably due to a lack of understanding lore for Naaru OR Elune) and she has helped, many times. She doesn't involve herself in every last thing that mortals with a portion of her power can handle. Just like the Dragonflights or the Titans themselves.
    You are in denial so hard lol.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and with how powerful the Titans are / were even they could not kill off the Old Gods all they could do was only imprison them like Yogg Saron and C'Thun though not sure if CT was actually imprisoned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    How does a narru give birth to Cenarius? Like literally if this is correct

Elune X Giant deer thing makes Cenarius yada yada
    Thank you for that image in my head...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    If you read the Know your Lore TFH edition the person speculates about that.

Deleted
    I like Naaru theory more than "Elune is a goddess, she popped out of nowhere, chosen Azeroth as her home and now is making night elfs happy and fluffy." I don't like gods in MY WarCraft.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah and with how powerful the Titans are / were even they could not kill off the Old Gods all they could do was only imprison them like Yogg Saron and C'Thun though not sure if CT was actually imprisoned.
    This was not through a lack of power, though. They beat the old gods, it just happens that in a twist, the old gods had an ace up their sleeves.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    You are in denial so hard lol.
    Please learn Naaru lore before yapping off "facts" based on one line musings by an ignorant old man. And then learn Night Elf lore, something people seem to not know much about at all on this forum, despite it being so expanded.

Did you miss the part where the Titans realised the only way to destroy the Old Gods was to destroy Azeroth? Something they could do in the blink of an eye but didn't WANT to do?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the guy said Elune is a narru or speculated it <.< like really Elune really did shag a giant deer making Cenarius lol

I like Naaru theory more than "Elune is a goddess, she popped out of nowhere, chosen Azeroth as her home and now is making night elfs happy and fluffy." I don't like gods in MY WarCraft.
    You don't like "Gods" in your Warcraft and yet they are commonplace in the story. I don't like a Goddess revered by the Night Elves and paid homage to by other native races of Azeroth being denigrated into a wind chime that turns into a soul sucking shadow pump when it gets a paper cut.

That said Naaru aren't Gods, don't like being called Gods, and are against people worshiping them. Elune is the opposite on all accounts.

Deleted
    If you read the Know your Lore TFH edition the person speculates about that.
    Could you share a link? Not that i am somehow.... interested in it.... i want it solely for.... research purposes....

elune gets involved. just through agents not directly

as for the whole narru/elune things it is actually suggested that there are similaritys, and the dreani dude valen actualy belive she is one. but tyrande dismisess him and asks him to never bring it up again

my feeling is that she is more of a naruu like being. the next step so to speak.. a non coporeal entity of light. which would cause her to have similaties to the coporeal entitys of light the narru

and i do belive she was foolish for turning his offer of guidance away, even if she doesnt belive that elune is a narru their are enough similarties that his techniques could improve her ability to communicate with elune, what ever she is.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Know your Lore TFH edition speculates that Elune created the Night Elves when she did a siren song type thing to a small tribe of Zandalari trolls and they found her at the Well of Eternity.

Deleted
    You don't like "Gods" in your Warcraft and yet they are commonplace in the story. I don't like a Goddess revered by the Night Elves and paid homage to by other native races of Azeroth being denigrated into a wind chime that turns into a soul sucking shadow pump when it gets a paper cut.
    There are no gods in WarCraft. Titans are just some very old and wise race. Old Gods are the same, but they're pure chaos and evil. Naaru are "light elementals", they aren't gods either. Maybe Elune isn't Naaru, i don't mind, but please, don't make her some Goddess.