10+ Year Old Account

Brand new Witch Doctor

So I just got my newest toon, a Witch Doctor, to 60 last night.

Here she is: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D.../hero/11076230

So yeah, I dropped about 5 million on gear, used some things I had in my stash, rotated some of my alt Wizards gear onto this WD, and this is what I came up with.

My questions are as follows: How is my spec? What are the stat priorities for WD? What are some obvious upgrades that I'm missing?

Do I need more Life on Hit or is the LS on my weapon enough to keep me up with only 92k(140k buffed I believe)?

Tip and hints appreciated. And like I said, I am brand new to WD, so be nice!
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-12-20 at 07:34 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

What mp lvl you gonna farm?

I put mine on the shelf until they fix the reflect damage, my gargantuan crits and i lose half my life.

Soul harvest rune should be vengeful spirit and use it offensively. I use a skorn and mine crits for over 500k, big time aoe.

Gruesome feast and death is life are for zero cd zd builds.

Grave injustice is nice if you doing low mp lvls, you can just spam vengeful spirit if there are a lot of mobs. Higher mp lvls its no good unless you doing the zd/sacrafice build.

People also like to pair spirit vessel with grave injustice since it will lower its cd of 90secs on low mp lvls. Allows you to play lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of copied the "Budget WD" guide's build but added in Death is Life for the extra Health Globes mostly.

More Globes = more DPS with this spec

But again, I am pretty new to this class so maybe I am just wrong :-P
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Here's my WD : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/E.../hero/26898504

I pretty much just tried to get past 50k health and an even amount of crit damage, crit chance, and attack speed. But different gear works with different builds. I don't have any life steal so I only farm MP 0-3, MP4+ you pretty much need a life steal weapon. But I blow threw it so fast it probably all evens out in the end.

Zombie Bear crits pretty much kill anything they hit so crit damage and crit chance are great for that and attack spped is just great for Firebombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    Here's my WD : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/E.../hero/26898504

I pretty much just tried to get past 50k health and an even amount of crit damage, crit chance, and attack speed. But different gear works with different builds. I don't have any life steal so I only farm MP 0-3, MP4+ you pretty much need a life steal weapon. But I blow threw it so fast it probably all evens out in the end.

Zombie Bear crits pretty much kill anything they hit so crit damage and crit chance are great for that and attack spped is just great for Firebombs.
    So do Witch Doctors generally have a tougher time at the higher MP levels?

My build suffers a lot the higher i go, mainly due to reflect scaling.

Zombie bear face tanking and zd/sacrafice (best current build in game but expensive) are the only options to kill stuff efficiently at higher lvls.

I take it you have tried the bears? They are damn strong but i personally dont like getting that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So do Witch Doctors generally have a tougher time at the higher MP levels?
    From my experience anything MP4+ WDs will 1 shot them selves if they Zombie Bears an elite pack with reflect damage without life steal. But I've seen a lot of people stream WD MP10 on twitch so it's definitely possible!

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is this ZD/Sacrifice build about anyway? Why is it so pricey?

Because you need lots of gear that reduces CD of Sacrifice, apparently.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65710243&f=142
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

To get ZD down enough in cooldown to spam sac you absolutely need a perfect homunculus and a perfect visage/rare, if not also a great SoJ. Of course, this build also limits your passive skills.

Acid rain/zombie bears (depending on how close you want to be) can't really go wrong.

Dont forget about the mara's, you can get up to 6sec cd i think.

Do you have to farm hell to get the homoculus since its lvl57?

"Because you need lots of gear that reduces CD of Sacrifice, apparently."

Zombie dog cd, they have a base 45 sec cd, with the passive you go to a 34sec cd. You need 34 secs, 33 is no good. At 34 you get to be a healer with all the globes. Not to mention ive seen them crit for 500k.

10+ Year Old Account
    So. All that being say, is my spec viable? It doesn't have great single target DPS but the AOE is freaking amazing.

Yes, I used the exact same spec but used dogs instead of grasp.
    You could consider bruiser, it would help your single target some and the extra stun is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So. All that being say, is my spec viable? It doesn't have great single target DPS but the AOE is freaking amazing.
    I swapped grasp of the dead for zombie bears on mine, amazing single target damage when positioned properly.

Im gonna try bruiser next run, looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You could consider bruiser, it would help your single target some and the extra stun is fantastic.
    Just did the mp5 ubers for the first time on my wd, the bruiser is my only choice now for them. That stun is a godsend

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Just did the mp5 ubers for the first time on my wd, the bruiser is my only choice now for them. That stun is a godsend
    Isn't it, though? I always liked restless giant, myself, for the ability to help DPS down elite packs. I saw every other WD on jsp/incgamers using bruiser and decided to give it a try and haven't looked back. Between the enchantress and bruiser a boss like the butcher can be pretty much locked in place permanently, it's quite hilarious.

Hm...so Bruiser is really nice, eh? How often does it use that ability? Because with only 3 second stun, and "locked in place permanently", it must use it pretty often right?

Currently leveling a WD myself, having fun so far. Can't wait to get to 60 and try out all these fun builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Well, it helps on the butcher that he doesn't attack all that much. Still, I'd guess every 10-15 seconds at most, it's pretty often. I'd go time it right now if my WD didn't die to a server crash :x