if ret is balanced around offhealing (pvp)

then after taking away our pvp power benefit to heals, and a 30% nerf to healing overall, isnt it time to buff our offense?

ffs, arms warriors PASSIVELY heal for more than PALADINS. their % based heal (second wind, most balanced ability in the game in case you didnt know!) isnt affected by battle fatigue.

so mr. ghostcrawler, I dont even think you are this big an idiot to see a huge flaw in class mechanics. so...if we're balanced around healing, then if you nerf healing, shouldnt offense get buffed?

You should post this in the Damage Dealing forums on their website, they read those forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1033924/

You were nerfed because you could heal too much, not because you were balanced....
    No you can't heal as much as a dedicated healer now there's balance (ok, maybe not, but your argument is still wrong by principle: if A is too powerful, and they nerf if, there's no reason to compensate by buffing B)
    do you even read what you wrote before posting?

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    You were nerfed because you could heal too much, not because you were balanced....
    No you can't heal as much as a dedicated healer now there's balance (ok, maybe not, but your argument is still wrong by principle: if A is too powerful, and they nerf if, there's no reason to compensate by buffing B)
    correction

all hybrids were nerfed because of shadow priests being broken. thus ret and enhance have to deal with it. were enhance offheals broken, or ret? nope. but spriests flash healing people to full was. I can cast 3 flash of lights without going oom, and they dont heal for much.

healing is a core part of a paladins kit. it's also one of our main "defenses". we dont have 20 defensive cds like a warrior. if you nerf healing, then the spec is weaker overall, without something buffed to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Did you just randomly click a thread and start trolling? You obviously don't know anything about ret, so why come in here with your worthless opinion?

I can't really say much about 90 PvP but our off healing seems pretty weak to me (at 87 currently) compared to shadow priests and boomkins which can heal to full with a few casts and still have mana.

I think the problem with hybrid healing are CASTER hybrids, not melee (ret pally and enh shammy).

They are truly blind if they think this is balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think selfless healer is the problem.

Fol atm heals for around 24k-25k. Thats 50k crit and if you use it for off healing with 3stacks its 100k crit. People tend to focus more on the 100k off healing crit than 25k self heal. If there's mortal wounds debuff than fol becomes 18k-19k which requires 15-18sec ramp up if no one dispells the stacks.

Our off heals are stronger than our selfheals. They brought down the off healing which made selfheals too weak.

offheal crit in arena with 3 stacks selfless healer is for me 200k+ (40-50k FoL with some procs, 80-100k FoL with 3 stacks SH and 180-200k crit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    offheal crit in arena with 3 stacks selfless healer is for me 200k+ (40-50k FoL with some procs, 80-100k FoL with 3 stacks SH and 180-200k crit)
    some procs? what procs do you have that increase healing by 100% ? Considering ret paladins use weapon chain, the only proc you can have is the pvp proc trinket IF you're playing human.

But if you mean wings + guardian + trinket then yeah its possible. But how often can you do that?

Deleted
    Selfless healer can be dispelled so I really don't see the problem with that.

I honestly think that if they let our heals be effected by some PVP Power, ret would be balanced. Paladins are meant to be able to heal to some extent. We don't have the defenses that other classes have.

I am sick of the off heals crap tbh, We "were" a support class until GC destroyed us, Now we are a questing lame broken spec.
    We've posted some suggestions about it a while ago but as usual, it got deleted by a CM.

1. TV refreshes Inquisition which will improve our DPS out of CDs a little and it won't effect PvP.
    2. Our bubble is useless now cause of the debuff + 50% damage reduction, we need a new mechanic
    3. Battlehealer effect reduced, but it's now a passive ability to prot/rets
    4. Our dumb pet (Guardian of Ancient Kings) will be replaced by us turning into the guardian and having that look+ effect during the spell, reducing the damage buff from it, but increases the range of our melee attacks by 10 yards and duration by 8 seconds.
    5. Bring back our auras
    6. A talent that will bring back the old sacred shield to replace our divine protection.
    7. Add a 1.5 second casting time on blinding light
    8. Hammer of the righteous on a different GCD than TV-DS-CS-Exorcism but doesn't regenerate holy power anymore.

Let me hear your thoughts, but just to let you know, GC won't do a thing to Rets at the moment. maybe just more nerfs later on
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    some procs? what procs do you have that increase healing by 100% ? Considering ret paladins use weapon chain, the only proc you can have is the pvp proc trinket IF you're playing human.

But if you mean wings + guardian + trinket then yeah its possible. But how often can you do that?
    I have pve equip, enchants and trinkets, so i have much more str than pvp equipped paladin - 40k heal only with dancing steep proc; i play arenas only for friends conquest cap