Immediate help with my build, building right now, not sure about connectors.

First of all, first time building a computer here. Have a few questions about connecting my cables from a diablotek case to a ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 motherboard.

I'm going on the assumption that positive cables are colored and black and white cables are negative.

http://i.imgur.com/JCBPI.jpg

The only cables that I am unsure of here is the ones in CIR1. The lables for the pins on that were VCC, d+, d-, GND. I ended up plugging that into that spot because the definition of pins of the slot were USB_PWR, p+, p-, GND.

Also, for the power switch, reset, and led slots they are plugged into panel 1.

Blue and White = Reset switch
    Orange and White = Power switch
    Red and White = LED

On the motherboard you can see something like this
    slot 1 = +pled +pwrbutton
    slot = +hdpled +resetbutton

So i'm assuming the first two pins there are for leds and positive cable should go in left side, so I put the power button and reset putton with positive cable in left in pins 3 and 4.

I'm really unsure of this wiring stuff so far, so any help would be great.

Edit: Also I have absolutely no idea where the fans plug in. There are connectors for them in my psu cables but can I connect the fans to the back of each other like christmas lights?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can plug as many molex fans into each other as you want. Might be wrong.
    Don't really know about that other stuff though, I remember doing it and wasn't too much trouble, the stuff is usually labeled. I think I got something with my asus motherboard which told me what goes where

Pick up the manual and open it... Pages 33-36 covers the connectors you're asking for. CIR1 is for infrared remote btw, not USB.

For the fans you can use either PSU cables (fans will always run at max speed) or plug into motherboard's CHA_FAN connectors.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I've read the manual many times over and still unsure, alright the fans make sense.

Switches dont have polarity. For the LEDs the motherboard has + marked, all the unmarked pins are -, see page 35.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

From what it looks like the Green+white fan connector is molex only, unless it has the 3-prong connector as well.

For those panel connectos it looks like this:
    +-+-0
    +-*+-

where 0 is no pin for a connector and * is an unused pin. Then all you need to do is plug in the corresponding connector as the board tells you.

From your image you have Blue+white connector on the wrong pins.
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2012-12-20 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immediate Answer:
    I have no idea. Been too long since I built mine, but best of luck!!!!

Warning: Posts like this are unhelpful and unnecessary.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-12-21 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

I changed the blue and white cables to be one pin over but the computer will not turn on now, nothing happens when I click the power button except for the led surrounding it to light up for a quarter second.

Make sure CPU fan is plugged into right place, make sure the CPU extra power cables are both plugged in.

And for the front panel headers, they should go this way:

Code:
    power led colored   |   power led black   |   power button   |   power button   |   (empty)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HDD led colored     |    HDD led black    |   reset button   |   reset button   |  (not used)

Power and reset button cables dont matter which way you plug those in.
    Trolling should be.

Computer has power, but no video input and mouse and keyboard aren't powering on