Poll: Your Favorite fantasy world

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Out of the choices that are available, I'd have to go with Nirn. Sure, it'd suck with all the demons, and bandits, and wars, and everything else, but at least I like it, which is more than I can really say about the rest.

That said, I like Sharde's World of Darkness write in, but only if I'd get to be a vampire, even if I'm only average. If I got to hang out with Jeanette, I'd take that option in a heartbeat, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Westeros sucks. 100 year long winters? Fuck that.

I'll take Nirn. FOR SKYRIM.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    The world of Elder Scrolls, Nirn, is very, very good, but after having read, watched and played "the Witcher", I rate its world slightly higher. It feels more real.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Age of Legends of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Westeros sucks. 100 year long winters? Fuck that.

I'll take Nirn. FOR SKYRIM.
    You know what happened to Atmora, the original homeland of Nords, and hence all Men (except Redguards)? It's frozen over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    seconded. was quite sad when he passed before finishing it. no, his kid or whatever doesn't count.
    It's Brandon Sanderson, the author of the Mistborn series that's finishing them, not a random relative/totally unproven writer. I personally don't like some of the characters he loves, and hate the way he writes some characters I love (oh Mat ) but in general he's tying it up well, his pacing is a lot better than Jordan's. The last one for reals this time is due out in 2 weeks, it's most def worth reading the new ones and that one if you like the series. Sanderson has been working straight from Jordan's notes, which he left a lot of, and incorporates a decent amount of Jordan's writing into the books, you are at the very least reading the storyline Jordan intended for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    It's Brandon Sanderson, the author of the Mistborn series that's finishing them, not a random relative/totally unproven writer. I personally don't like some of the characters he loves, and hate the way he writes some characters I love (oh Mat ) but in general he's tying it up well, his pacing is a lot better than Jordan's. The last one for reals this time is due out in 2 weeks, it's most def worth reading the new ones and that one if you like the series.
    I personally never liked Matt overly; although not nearly to the point of how much I dislike Nynaeve. Moraine and Cadsuane are probably my favorites, followed by Tuon and Perrin. I've been looking forward to reading through the new books this break overall, though, so whichever characters he chooses to focus on I'll be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Hmm. I honestly couldn't pick between Tolkien's Arda and Stephen King's All-World.
    Forgot to mention the world of The Wheel of Time (AKA Randland). Shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta View Post
    uhhh no hyrule!? legend of zelda world is awesome!
    I agree with this, would have gone for hyrule if it was there. for now i've voted Azeroth though, was a tossup between that and nirn but i'm not too fond of the others.

Star Wars is what they call a futuristic space opera or something strange like that, but it's also under the fantasy genre. This is gonna be tricky either the Star Wars universe, Stargate universe, Halo universe, or the Mass Effect universe. Yes, I love sci-fi and futuristic stuff :P
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to vote for Forgotten Realms

None of the above.

My choices come down to either
    Midkemia from the works of Raymond E. Feist
    Abeir-Toril the world of the forgetten realms books
    or Velgarth setting for Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar and related novels
    We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world for ever, it seems.

-1st stanza, Ode by: Arthur O'Shaughnessy

10+ Year Old Account
    Randland in the Wheel of Time. The Malazan universe also looks cool.

Westeros! It'll be a terrible world to actually live in, but I just love the complexity of the lore and the realism.

I'm pretty fond of Arda, Azeroth and Abeir-Toril (triple A's ), though I guess you need to be one of the big players in order to live there safely. The world of Avatar (Last Airbender/Korra) seems more friendly for everyday life and offers nice magical bending stuff to everyone gifted.
    Also am a big fan of the world of Final Fantasy 7 (Gaia?), although it is pretty dark and always on the glimpse of apocalypse.

And although I like the song of ice and fire series, I would not dare to live there. Especially not as a woman :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I personally never liked Matt overly; although not nearly to the point of how much I dislike Nynaeve. Moraine and Cadsuane are probably my favorites, followed by Tuon and Perrin. I've been looking forward to reading through the new books this break overall, though, so whichever characters he chooses to focus on I'll be happy!
    Sanderson loves and adores Perrin in particular (who is one I've never liked) so you'll probably quite enjoy the middle one of his, and he's also made Nynaeve very likable, but I've always liked her and see that more as where the character was naturally going. There's other stuff I think you'll like from your comment, but I don't want to spoil

I wonder if there's a old WoT thread in the books forum I can necro, I'm really looking forward to that last book >.>

Deleted
    'Echo' from Labyrinths of Echo by Max Frei

Deleted
    I'll have to pick something else than the poll suggests.

Weyard.

Golden Sun has been the best game ever in my life.
    The first RPG I discovered myself, and with that, a fricken good one.

I hold so much dear to that world, playing the game helped me with a lot.

So yes, Weyard, My world. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Discworld.
    Followed by Krynn for reasons of nostalgia.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    seconded. was quite sad when he passed before finishing it. no, his kid or whatever doesn't count.
    The Hell?

Sanderson is a better writer than Jordan was, and you are clearly thinking of the Dune series started by Frank Herbert, then continued by his son Brian who is a terrible author.

Anyway -> Best world to live in or best world to read about? Best world to read about is 'Wu' from the Malazan Book of the Fallen, but fuck no would I like to live there. Best world to live in would probably be Nirn from that list, because you can make a living doing really whatever the heck you want.