Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Can principles win a war? (spoiler)

This the same replay to the 5.1 continuation of legendary quest, which I for "What is HORDE?" http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-%28spoiler%29

I would've included the video as well, but it seems that only Hordies seem to bother doing either recording, or doing legendaries, so I couldn't dig it up anywhere. So, I'm living you this this:

Tong! Something to eat, please.

The High King. Varian Wrynn - Leader of the Alliance.
    Did you know, he was once a gladiator? Oh yes, I've been doing my research.
    Suffering from amnesia, he fought for his life in Horde arenas.
    There, he earned the name "Lo'Gosh," or "Ghost Wolf."
    He IS a fighter. But...is he a leader?
    Think about it! His enemies took advantage of my father's Cataclysm.
    Horde soldiers thundered across the realm in the wake of the devastation.
    Varian Wrynn didn't use the disaster to gain a military advantage.
    Is this because he is weak...? Or because he is principled?
    Here's the bigger question: Can principles win a war?
    Make no mistake. Pandaria will challenge your King.
    Let us see what he is truly made of.
    Let us see if your Alliance has what it takes to rule Azeroth.

And so, with that in mind, I'll leave you with this video of entire storyline combined and let this sink in:

So, your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Great vid. I've been working through the horde side of the quest chain so it's nice to see how things are going on the other side of the coin. Really impressed with the story telling through the 5.1 factions and I might just have to level my NE priest to play out the story myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no winners in war, except for the person selling the sticks.

Principles can lead you to forgo actions and strategies that may ultimately lead to your defeat. All they do is allow you to maintain a moral high ground.

On the other side, they may allow you to rally support against an opponent who is shown to be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would Wrathion be spurring on the alliance player into believing the alliance will rule azeroth?

The black prince loves to mind screw the weak minded.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why would Wrathion be spurring on the alliance player into believing the alliance will rule azeroth?

Wrathion likes to play both sides to ensure they can come together for when the Burning Legion returns.

Well he is doing that to both factions.... in this the only logical answer would be for both sides: NO.
    If both sides see that, then the future can be opened.

Deleted
    Never EVER! Will I join together with Alliance scum!

Although I am pretty sure that this is the way it all leads to and Blizzard is obviously is going for it will ruin this game completely.

Warcraft is WARCRAFt because of WAR between Alliance and Horde and not because of joining together happily ever after

10+ Year Old Account

It's funny cause so far it's apparent that Wrathion is taking the Alliance's side, even if he sympathises with the Horde player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There are no winners in war, except for the person selling the sticks.

Principles can lead you to forgo actions and strategies that may ultimately lead to your defeat. All they do is allow you to maintain a moral high ground.

On the other side, they may allow you to rally support against an opponent who is shown to be evil.
    Well, in the Warcraft Universe, people who aren't principled usually end up concluding against 10 to 25 random heroes, so...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Never EVER! Will I join together with Alliance scum!

Although I am pretty sure that this is the way it all leads to and Blizzard is obviously is going for it will ruin this game completely.

Warcraft is WARCRAFt because of WAR between Alliance and Horde and not because of joining together happily ever after
    yes and Planetside is PLANETSIDE because it plays on 1 side of the planet. and half life is called Half life because..... i don't know!
    stop making those WARcraft arguments......

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    yes and Planetside is PLANETSIDE because it plays on 1 side of the planet. and half life is called Half life because..... i don't know!
    stop making those WARcraft arguments......
    But about warCRAFT?
    We need more professions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    But about warCRAFT?
    We need more professions!
    thank you Scummer for proving my point

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, in the Warcraft Universe, people who aren't principled usually end up concluding against 10 to 25 random heroes, so...
    That's what I fear aboiut Jaina, she was always seen as a person who would promote peace between 2 factions, until that whole thing with Dalaran happend.

As for Varian, through the questline he seems bent on not stepping on Garrosh's lvl, thanks to Anduin. During the quest where alliance tries to use Sha on soldiers, of course fails. So even after the admiral bitch (who slaughters an entire legion of horde soldiers who wanted to surrender, she pepperd them with cannon fire as they were swiming to the shore unarmed) suggested that Alliance should use the sha power to their own benefits, Varian said NO to it.

Principles don't win wars... principles make men and men win wars.
    I like what they are doing to the king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    In WoW, you have to just accept plot armor. Blizzard admitted that Arthas/Ner'zhul never released the full fury of the Scourge. Why? They try to be coy like there's a subplot, but it's just plot armor. Or why didn't Deathwing just spam cataclysm instead of flying around like a drunk burninating the countryside? Plot armor. Why don't bosses in general go straight for the healers? Because they are very sensitive about their weight... also, plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    That's what I fear aboiut Jaina, she was always seen as a person who would promote peace between 2 factions, until that whole thing with Dalaran happend.

As for Varian, through the questline he seems bent on not stepping on Garrosh's lvl, thanks to Anduin. During the quest where alliance tries to use Sha on soldiers, of course fails. So even after the admiral bitch (who slaughters an entire legion of horde soldiers who wanted to surrender, she pepperd them with cannon fire as they were swiming to the shore unarmed) suggested that Alliance should use the sha power to their own benefits, Varian said NO to it.
    And she was right to do so. The moment they would reach land they would grab a weapon and go kill alliance soldiers.
    After all they were on a warship just a few secs before.
    Iam sorry but what did garrosh do to those poor sailors that were wrecked in a storm and NOT in an active warzone?
    oh ya right murdered them.

edit; besides WARcraft doesnt mean it has to be horde vs alliance even tho it was the theme for long. As long as we have someone to wage war against its still warcraft.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-12-21 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny cause so far it's apparent that Wrathion is taking the Alliance's side, even if he sympathises with the Horde player.
    Its apparent is it? Really? If you say so.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Its apparent is it? Really? If you say so.
    Well it's rather obvious given Garrosh and the Horde's actions and how they conflict with Wrathion wish to protect Pandaria.

Well it's rather obvious given Garrosh and the Horde's actions and how they conflict with Wrathion wish to protect Pandaria.
    He is promoting the player but not the Horde itself, on the Horde version he says something like "You are the Soul of the Horde".

On the Alliance version he is promoting the Alliance Leader, Varian.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome video! With this backstory I totally support the purge of Dalaran Also, can;t wait to get that gryphon mount!

Though my only point of critique: your english-accent is horrible; even for a fellow Dutchie