Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My friends and I actually have a bet going on. I'm betting that within two more generations, every new pokemon will be an indistinguishable puff ball, but they'll all have different color variations.

What? Your pink puffball is evolving into...mauve puffball!

I am totally against the cute-ifying of pokemon. They get cuter, and stupider, and more /gag-me looking with each new generation. I'm not saying the first was perfect by any means, but the 'cool' ones are getting to be fewer and far between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    My friends and I actually have a bet going on. I'm betting that within two more generations, every new pokemon will be an indistinguishable puff ball, but they'll all have different color variations.

I am totally against the cute-ifying of pokemon. They get cuter, and stupider, and more /gag-me looking with each new generation. I'm not saying the first was perfect by any means, but the 'cool' ones are getting to be fewer and far between.
    This is what im trying to say in some aspects, im just not as good explaining it.

I'd agree with you if we were still in Gen 4, because there are really no good Pokemon in that gen. However, gen5 managed to pull some really great designs out. (Besides a few awful ones..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'd agree with you if we were still in Gen 4, because there are really no good Pokemon in that gen. However, gen5 managed to pull some really great designs out. (Besides a few awful ones..)
    One bad apple spoils the bunch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Relevant to thread direction:

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'd agree with you if we were still in Gen 4, because there are really no good Pokemon in that gen.
    These three will forgive you for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Skelington does.
    "He" is a third person pronoun. Skelington takes longer to type than he, but both are essentially the same as you referring to yourself as "I." The target of "he" just has to be implied first or it could mean anything masculine.

Generation 5 didn't have very many cute designs. As far as Skelington can think of, it probably has less cute ones than Gen1.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Drop Lucario and especially Garchomp and add Mismagius.

Oh yeah, Garchomp is pretty cool. A mother fucking walking shark.

[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f2/Spr_4d_448.png[img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/a7/Spr_4p_430.png[img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/09/Spr_4d_445_m.png[img]
    I always liked Garchomp, then again, I pretty much like all the dragons except Dialga and Palkia, and Giratina is probably my second favorite legendary pokemon (just after Kyurem lightning form). Lucario is decent, but there are other fighting types I prefer.

Snorla,Poliwrath,Bulbasaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I've always prefered Gen 1 over any other. But my pokemon-experience ends at Gen 3, so I will only compare those three. And I really don't see why every time someone likes an older version of something better than a new one, it HAS to be nostalgia. Can't someone ever think that after the first Gen/Season something became worse? D: Linking pictures from 4chan should be bannable, as it 90% of the time is incredibly offensive. I don't mind the offensiveness on 4chan, but don't bring it to other forums.

A friend of mine who's been into pokemon far longer than me linked some of the newer gen legendary pokemon and holy shit what started off as some kinda neat world with these alien creatures which you can catch/train/befriend/battle with seems to have turned into some over-serious fucked up place. Pokemon Gods who created worlds/controls the sea/earth/whatever and whatnot turning up. Story-wise I'm incredibly happy I quit at gen 3, jeebus.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Are those sprites from Green or Yellow?

Some of Red/Blue's were pretty...interesting too. Especially that Golbat.

That's a creepy Golbat xD

Deleted
    Going to go with Metagross, followed by Gyarados and Hydreigon. For some strange reason those 3 are also part of my team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ampharos. Easily<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    And I really don't see why every time someone likes an older version of something better than a new one, it HAS to be nostalgia. Can't someone ever think that after the first Gen/Season something became worse? D:
    Because 90% of the time it's along the lines of "I refuse to believe that anything after the original 151 ever exist" and "how everything after them is bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    Blaziken... So many memories in Gen 3.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Because 90% of the time it's along the lines of "I refuse to believe that anything after the original 151 ever exist" and "how everything after them is bad".
    And how is that nostalgia? The first example may be a bit extreme but it doesn't have to be nostalgia at all. Let's say someone watched the first two seasons, never played any of the games, and thought the first season was much, much better. Does that HAVE to be nostalgia? Sounds more like the guys on the other side suffer from the opposite of nostalgia, "everything that is new is better by default", and "people who don't like all seasons/game generations like I do are what's wrong because we can't coexist".
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

They're all pretty cool. These are my favourite Gen 4 designs though:

Honorable mentions to Luxray, Drifblim, and Hippowdon.

Honestly, I think Gen 2 is the weakest in terms of designs. It's not that they were bad (except for all the babies), they were just forgettable.

Scyther!
    I only watched Gen1 tho. :P

Meh, I've always prefered Gen 1 over any other. But my pokemon-experience ends at Gen 3, so I will only compare those three. And I really don't see why every time someone likes an older version of something better than a new one, it HAS to be nostalgia. Can't someone ever think that after the first Gen/Season something became worse? D: Linking pictures from 4chan should be bannable, as it 90% of the time is incredibly offensive. I don't mind the offensiveness on 4chan, but don't bring it to other forums.

A friend of mine who's been into pokemon far longer than me linked some of the newer gen legendary pokemon and holy shit what started off as some kinda neat world with these alien creatures which you can catch/train/befriend/battle with seems to have turned into some over-serious fucked up place. Pokemon Gods who created worlds/controls the sea/earth/whatever and whatnot turning up. Story-wise I'm incredibly happy I quit at gen 3, jeebus.
    Too bad you're missing out on good games, the gameplay has improved greatly since gen 1 which is essentially broken. Also, it never gets over serious or fucked up, I'm not sure what you're reading but it sounds wrong.
    And how is that nostalgia? The first example may be a bit extreme but it doesn't have to be nostalgia at all. Let's say someone watched the first two seasons, never played any of the games, and thought the first season was much, much better. Does that HAVE to be nostalgia? Sounds more like the guys on the other side suffer from the opposite of nostalgia, "everything that is new is better by default", and "people who don't like all seasons/game generations like I do are what's wrong because we can't coexist".
    Lot's of people "on the other side" like all gens, we're not bashing gen 1, but as a Pokemon fan, the amount of times you see "GEN 1 IS DA ONLY GUD ONE" is amazing, it's also funny because those same people have never even tried a game past Gen 1 (most of the time) and don't even know what half of the newer Pokemon even look like. Besides the obvious "LOL TRASHBAG/ICE CREAM POKEMON REALLY????? XDDD" It gets old, and we get tired of this shit. Because Gen 1 wasn't perfection when you take an objective look at it, and design wise, a lot of the Pokemon were just real animals copy pasted into the game.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-12-31 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Umbreon & Glaceon