Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 Failed Promises.

Hello Forum.

"Edit" Yes this title should have Been Something like "Things that mechanically fail in gw2 or Missing features"

Please Note That i still enjoy the game Guild wars 2.

However:

1: sPvP Your not Able to Run this as a group or guild, its 16v16.
    The Proposed reason is Groups with Voice chat or Teamwork have advantage over the rest. Ok thats fine, And Tournaments fix that issue 5v5.

2: Holiday Events, Many Winter's Day Events "Choir bells" "Snowball Fight" "Toypocalypse" "Jumping puzzle" oh thats all of them, Can't Be done as guild or friends, For same reason as sPvP, but in what way is that a problem? The achievements are almost impossible without organized play.

Whats the point of doing a guild event for Winter's Day when You all end up going solo? What role did your guild have in winter's Day none so why even represent one for the duration?

3: /who /Find, There is no way to find people from a guild, level, race, class, or zone. And this means you might see a banner and want to join that guild or see a keep in wvw and want to join the guild but unless your right up in front of someone from the guild you can't even whisper them to ask to join.

Lets Say someone is swearing in /m chat "Thats trade for you wow players" Normally it would make your guild look bad, but without a /who system you can't know what his level race class or guild is.

This is What I have for now, they are the most recent problems that Im having, As well as many others, especially large guilds forced to run solo for these events and for people trying to find new friends without a /who.
    Last edited by Kouki; 2012-12-30 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    and more than that the party system mathcing is a NO-GO!

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 has many flaws .... sadly .... i hope they're working on it ...

however,
    It does so many other things so brilliantly!

I guess it can only get better /yay
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Hello Forum.

However:

The Proposed reason is Groups with Voice chat or Teamwork have advantage over the rest. Ok thats fine, And Tournaments fix that issue 5v5.
    You can however join the same room. Not to mention private rooms will be opening soon and u can do that as a group

Guesting is the biggie I think. It was a touted feature more than once over the ~5 years of development.

Still not implemented.

My big disappointment is how they implemented the lack of a holy trinity. It's not like it's better - it just doesn't exist. So everyone zergs everything and then if you fall because you got aggro and can't tank (because there isn't a tank mitigation ability) you have to hope some kind soul will interrupt their own dps to 'heal' you. LULWAT?

This is not what was hyped to me about the HT. This is not progressive gaming. I've found the game post level 20 to be redundant and grindy. Maybe I have the SADS though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    My big disappointment is how they implemented the lack of a holy trinity. It's not like it's better - it just doesn't exist. So everyone zergs everything and then if you fall because you got aggro and can't tank (because there isn't a tank mitigation ability) you have to hope some kind soul will interrupt their own dps to 'heal' you. LULWAT?

This is not what was hyped to me about the HT. This is not progressive gaming. I've found the game post level 20 to be redundant and grindy. Maybe I have the SADS though.
    Guild Wars 2 was never intended for progression. It is also not grindy, as getting good gear @ 80 is ridiculously easy. If you want to look badass, then you'll have to grind. After all, if everyone looked badass it would break the skill competition. I love the lack of holy trinity because if you're bad, you'll get roflpwned and it's now much easier to see who's skilled and who's not, contrarily to games like WoW where the gear does all the job.

On the other hand, I agree the lack of LFG tools made me leave the game. Don't get me wrong, I love every aspect of the game. But since I don't have a guild or a group of friends playing it, I have no way to get into a group. And yes, the /who function should be implemented. I completely agree. But then again Arenanet folks showed that they were there to improve. I believe in them

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Hello Forum.

Noted !
    However:

Agree 100% on more party/guild options.
    16v16? Should be 8v8 right?, and you can actually go for the 5v5 on sPvP and there is the tournaments too.

While they are still required to improve this. Right now its okay-ish (I would play alot more with custom servers as they said they will be doing soon).

2: Holiday Events, Many Winter's Day Events "Choir bells" "Snowball Fight" "Toypocalypse" "Jumping puzzle" oh thats all of them, Can't Be done as guild or friends, For same reason as sPvP, but in what way is that a problem? The achievements are almost impossible without organized play.

Whats the point of doing a guild event for Winter's Day when You all end up going solo? What role did your guild have in winter's Day none so why even represent one for the duration?
    Yep, Again true. Right now Im not playing with anyone, but if I did and couldn't play together I would be very mad! They refined these events in such a awesome way, but yet you can't play with friends. It's sad.
    3: /who /Find, There is no way to find people from a guild, level, race, class, or zone. And this means you might see a banner and want to join that guild or see a keep in wvw and want to join the guild but unless your right up in front of someone from the guild you can't even whisper them to ask to join.

Lets Say someone is swearing in /m chat "Thats trade for you wow players" Normally it would make your guild look bad, but without a /who system you can't know what his level race class or guild is.

This is What I have for now, they are the most recent problems that Im having, As well as many others, especially large guilds forced to run solo for these events and for people trying to find new friends without a /who.
    I dont think that this is too much. Its a feature to look out for but far from needed. I mean, you have the option to not participate on /m, and I would personally never blame a guild for someone's own fault. Just ignore a person, make decisions on a case basis. This is the internet, you won't be safe anywhere lol XD.

As for join guilds and stuff. I think we have enough tools to go around, websites, people always recruiting. (At least is not like wow whenever I log on a guildless character I get 4 automatic addon whispers with invites.). I feel like gw2 tried/tries to be as smooth as possible in party options (doing stuff together without having to group or talk), but It's also a game to talk and interact for better fun.

But I also agree that Guilds are lacking (since I have/had one) in many aspects, and they need improve .

Guesting

and Guesting

(and town mini games)

The only thing I would agree with in this thread would be guesting, and that wasn't brought up from the OP.

SPvP isn't supposed to be lolwatsuperserious group play. Go to TPvP for that.

Not sure how you need help with a jumping puzzle, but grouping would be nice for the others, sure. Or you could try to communicate between players. Random players shouldn't always be a 'OH GOD' moment, try being helpful, suggestive... you know, a nice person. This is more than just a problem with the game, it's a problem with how gaming communities are 'brought up'.

A lot of the /who, /find features are obsolete for GW2, simple because the game doesn't work like that. This isn't a game where information is readily available, you can't inspect people, you can't find everything about a person without whispering them and asking. It's all about knowledge. People who make a name for themselves will tarnish their name, or glorify it. Either way, you'll remember the name. If you see that player in game, you may see their guild (which they are representing). Feel free to remember that name for whatever reason, but at the end of the day it doesn't really affect you in any real way.

Not sure how much of this was 'promised', but a lot of it isn't an issue imo.

I really don't think "/who" was a promise or feature made by Anet. Can't actually think of any MMO ever that promised or touted such a feature.

The OP really meant, "Guild Wars 2: Features Not Present".

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The OP really meant, "Guild Wars 2: Features Not Present".
    Indeed. In fact I'd say the only promised feature that wasn't delivered has been guesting.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is guesting? Sorry if its something obvious
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Still waiting on the guesting system...can't play with some friends because of it : (

There are features I'd love to see them implement other than that, but that's the biggest thing they've failed to deliver so far from my PoV. Still enjoy the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    , contrarily to games like WoW where the gear does all the job.

Love these statements. As if people who are competing at high end PvP (Glad,Grand Marshall) don't all have the best gear available. Now explain how gear does all the job in wow but not in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Love these statements. As if people who are competing at high end PvP (Glad,Grand Marshall) don't all have the best gear available. Now explain how gear does all the job in wow but not in GW2.
    Actually, no.

Let's not bring an argument about World of Warcraft PVP in this thread. Off topic & wrong sub forum.

That type of conversation has no place here.

-- Fencers

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, the title of this post is off. None of this was "promised" in GW2. I can say that as a fact as I spent the last few years looking into the game and about 6 months prior to the game was officially released I went balls deep into finding as much information as I could about how the game was meant to be played, the personal story, the lack of the "holy trinity" etc. etc. etc.

sPvP is not meant to be ran as a group. Hell they cleared that up before the game was even released. If you want to do some group pvp do the tournaments that's what it's there for. Think of sPvP as "practice" pvp. It's the casual side of PvP thus the lack of allowing people to group up for it is a GOOD thing, as it prevents people from having an advantage over others. Guild Wars 2 has done what they can to try and make the game as even across the board as possible, which was a major complaint people had about WoW but now that they realize that means they can't take advantage of it like you can in WoW they rage about it.

Holiday Events: Doing this in a group was never promised. Most of this stuff you don't "need" a group for at least not the type that requires any kind of actual organization. That being said, I DO agree that there really is no reason for them to NOT allow you to group up with your guild for this stuff. sPvP makes sense. Holiday Events...not so much.

No who/find/etc again this was never promised and the lack of this has been intentional, as another posted had said. Keep in mind GW2 really looked at what WoW was doing and went the complete opposite route. I'm glad they did. I like the fact that people don't know what I'm wearing, how I'm specced, gemmed, etc. The only people I want messaging me anyways are friends so for me this is a GOOD feature, not a bad one. If you don't want to hear someone cursing or making racial remarks etc. you can still report them and ignore them, which are the only tools you need for a situation like that.

As someone else mentioned the one thing they DID promise and HAVEN'T implemented yet is Guesting. This is why I'm not playing right now. I was playing on a full server with a large guild. This guild removed me after 1 week of activity since it's a very sought after guild and they needed the roster space for a "more active" player. Okay I get it, that's fair. So I went to "transfer" to a guild on another server that some RL friends are a part of...but I can't, because that server is full. That would be fine if there was guesting but there isn't, so for right now I'm guildless, can't transfer to a server that my friends are on and since guesting isn't enabled, I can't even guest on their server to do anything with them.

So because of the lack of guesting I'm stuck on a full server which I can't transfer off of unless I want to go on a "low" population server [why the hell would someone do that?] and I can't guest on any of my friends servers [2 servers have rl friends, both are full so I'm shit outta luck].

Not only was this feature actually promised but it was also PROMOTED and made out to be a GREAT FEATURE literally YEARS before the game came out, but here we are...4 months into the release and they still haven't done it and honestly at this point I don't see any excuse not to other than they don't know how to accomplish it.

They have said the feature is already in the game and it's functioning, they just need to "enable it". We're 4 months in, they've already lost some players because of this VERY reason.

I stopped playing because it's currently impossible for me to play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    What is guesting? Sorry if its something obvious
    If I'm on Server A and you're on Server B, we group and you hop to my Server A so we can adventure together.

It wouldn't be as big of an issue if servers weren't full in lots of cases, and of course the fact transferring will lose your guild upgrades.

For dungeons guesting is possible already since you can invite anyone from your friendlist (even people on other servers) to your party. Or am I mistaken? I didn't try it myself but I heard that this should work.

I was hoping the village i saved would stay saved...And that people would remember me for being kind to them :'(