Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So basically your post is "It's fine in PvE even though this is a PvP topic." and "I'll subtly slam your post as being a dumb one-liner on my way out."

Thanks for the contribution.
    elementalist is more than fine in pvp if you know how to play

i guess some people like complicated classes and that is hard to learn

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So basically your post is "It's fine in PvE even though this is a PvP topic." and "I'll subtly slam your post as being a dumb one-liner on my way out."

Thanks for the contribution.
    Lol. Thats exactly it. Minus the first part

Ill even quote myself.

Easy to ignore arguments, but then again that's the forum.
    PS: if you think an example is the total of a post. Refer to my quote, it is that awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    If you want faceroll shit roll a Thief lol 2 button class.. it's GW2's pre-MoP arcane mage.
    In other words, you too acknowledge that the thief is simply a ton more powerful than the elementalist. Why are we arguing?

If the thief can match an elementalist's damage with his autoattack and mindlessly spamming 1 button while the elementalist is keeping mental track of a ton of things that don't even show up on the UI (like cooldowns behind other attunements) while his damage comes from avoidable/interruptable combos then yes, the thief is simply a better class. Everyone in the world has limited brainpower, even the best player in the world, and no one in the world has enough brain to keep track of everything in a PvP battle. If the player on the thief doesn't need to dedicate brainpower to pulling off damage, it means he can keep track of a lot more things and he will simply perform better.

If it is harder to pull off the same results on a class, then that class is weaker, end of story. It would all be fine if the elementalist was a hard to master class that becomes really powerful if you master it but it's not. It's just a class with a harsh learning curve that becomes less weak after you work on it. An elementalist player will always be inferior to a thief of equal skill.

I was completely disappointed with Thief in this game and rolled Ele. Maybe you should do the opposite.
    Well I have 5 characters since in this game you don't need to level to PvP.

I am a FotM player but I have a special weakness, I get obsessed over experimenting with weak classes trying to make them work which is why I've spent time on silly stuff like trying to PvP with an elementalist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    In other words, you too acknowledge that the thief is simply a ton more powerful than the elementalist. Why are we arguing?

If the thief can match an elementalist's damage with his autoattack and mindlessly spamming 1 button while the elementalist is keeping mental track of a ton of things that don't even show up on the UI (like cooldowns behind other attunements) while his damage comes from avoidable/interruptable combos then yes, the thief is simply a better class. Everyone in the world has limited brainpower, even the best player in the world, and no one in the world has enough brain to keep track of everything in a PvP battle. If the player on the thief doesn't need to dedicate brainpower to pulling off damage, it means he can keep track of a lot more things and he will simply perform better.

If it is harder to pull off the same results on a class, then that class is weaker, end of story. It would all be fine if the elementalist was a hard to master class that becomes really powerful if you master it but it's not. It's just a class with a harsh learning curve that becomes less weak after you work on it. An elementalist player will always be inferior to a thief of equal skill.

Well I have 5 characters since in this game you don't need to level to PvP.

I am a FotM player but I have a special weakness, I get obsessed over experimenting with weak classes trying to make them work which is why I've spent time on silly stuff like trying to PvP with an elementalist.
    text filled with lies

there is not much to say all info we got from you is.. you suck.. majority who plays ele sucks..

its enough already we seen a couple of extremly awesome elementalist who slaughter people

end of story there i guess ( i dont care how hard its for you or if its fair that its so hard, be happy that after a while you will be doing very great when you learned to play it )

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    text filled with lies

there is not much to say all info we got from you is.. you suck.. majority who plays ele sucks..

its enough already we seen a couple of extremly awesome elementalist who slaughter people

end of story there i guess ( i dont care how hard its for you or if its fair that its so hard, be happy that after a while you will be doing very great when you learned to play it )
    The only thing that... sucks... is your argumentation. You have yet to contribute anything worthwhile, because all we've seen from you is "Ele is fine you suck", or other one-liners like "lol go play engineer and complain". You talk like a 10 years old.

I have yet to see a really good Elementalist who really owns in sPVP or tPVP. Daphoenix build works very well and is awsome for bunking and surviving, as well as WvWvW. But after a few rounds of sPVP your concentration goes down because of the mass of information you have to memorize and possible situations you have to predict.

It is also the only viable build for an Ele in this "action-rpg", while actually having some action and fun.

It just doesn't make any sense to create a class that is so difficult to play.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-12-23 at 01:03 AM.

No, we haven't. I haven't ever seen a damage elementalist who isn't a pushover for competent people and as we've said a thousand times, a good player can slaughter newbies in sPvP with any class.

Can you show some evidence of yourself playing a damage elementalist with good results? If you're not a serious ele PvPer, can you show some evidence of these competent elementalists? Like high level play videos of elementalists doing great as a damage player? We've asked multiple times and no one has anything to show for it. In fact, maybe we have been doing it wrong all along and a video of someone doing well as an elementalist could perhaps teach us what it is that we are doing wrong.

I'm still waiting for that video and I'm guessing I'll be waiting until some patch perhaps fixes elementalists as, really, the potential just isn't there. You can play the class to perfection and the damage output is still pitiful because the numbers just aren't there. It doesn't matter how good you are when the skills are made to do a particular amount of damage and that damage just isn't there in any practically usable elementalist build.

PS I doubt eles are entirely fine for PvE either, I spotted trade spam for "LFM fractals x NO ELE" today and it caused a bit of a ruckus on trade as people argued whether eles are too weak for higher level dungeons... not the first time I've seen that either and I don't remember seeing this for any other class. I can't say for sure what that's about though as I don't really PvE much, maybe too many glass cannon eles running around getting downed all the time and ruining the class reputation.

I always find it funny hearing people talking about how pro eles just switch attunements all the time, as if that's hard to do or that most eles don't do it. I'm guessing most people who spout off that kinda crap haven't actually played one (eg: the guy in this thread who claims an ele should never auto-attack). I admit I didn't play ele that much, but in the time I did I found it was only really good for killing glass cannon builds or builds without the correct utility to deal with ele (like a 100b warrior or GC thief). It was a massively underwhelming class to play, which sucks because I love the idea behind the class.

Ele has to be one of the classes I fear least when playing sPvP. Occasionally see one worth their salt who can kill me, but I'm sure whoever is playing the ele could kill me on another class just as well.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-12-23 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my ele is squishy as fuck it doesnt help that i went with the glass cannon gear either..

10+ Year Old Account
    text filled with lies

I don't have any vested interest in the topic being discussed in the OP but people that act how you are in any discussion is a pet peeve of mine, and you are an exceptional case. If all you have to say is what you've said so far then just stop, because you've said nothing all all if you actually look for any meaningful information or additions to the topic in anything you've said so far. You've made yourself look like a total idiot.

Somewhat ontopic: Someone mentioned Thieves being a 2 button class. I'm assuming I fell victim to that inbalance when one brought me to near-death when opening from stealth and finishing me off in the blink of an eye on my engineer? I thought it was down to something else possibly.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-12-23 at 07:20 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele is fine if you know what you're doing, it certainly isn't the brainless garbage Mage was in WoW which threw me off when I rolled my ele... So muh versatility, so much power, so much deceptive survivability, it's like BC boomkin, it's amazing!! It may take over as my main...

PS: I use a staff because I LOVE collateral damage and the increased aoe on staff trait makes me wet... However D/x and S/x are both totally viable (especially S/x because you can dodge more than a thief).
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Do a contrip spectar/focus condition build you will be amazed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 01:52 PM ----------

Do a contrip spectar/focus condition damage build you will be amazed. Oh and in spvp any ele with a staff is a dead ele.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    Do a contrip spectar/focus condition build you will be amazed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 01:52 PM ----------

Do a contrip spectar/focus condition damage build you will be amazed. Oh and in spvp any ele with a staff is a dead ele.
    False, i sPvP with a staff, it's hilarious lol, everyones always trying to jump on my balls because they see "Clothy with a staff!" and it never tends to work... love you soldiers armor =D
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I have gone to rounds with plenty of eles running d/d or s/d s/f something of the sort, its usually rather good fights I had a 5 min long fight with an ele running d/d that was damn fun, however I have never met an ele running staff that didnt go poof after being frenzy axed to hell. like really axe is op lol. idk I'm terrible with ele but still just havnt found a good one that runs staff.

speaking of clothies with staff (off topic) i ran into a staff mesmer we dueled pretty much the duration of the match and neither of us went down till the very end when we both went down at the same time, I wish I could've recorded that but didnt have fraps at the time.
    And necro is a class that is troll easy to kill while they run staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

The thing about staff for most professions is that it's really more of a support weapon. And for an elementalist it seems to be more geared for aoe than a single target (only have a level 41 elementalist but it seems to be the case so far).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The thing about staff for most professions is that it's really more of a support weapon. And for an elementalist it seems to be more geared for aoe than a single target (only have a level 41 elementalist but it seems to be the case so far).
    This is true, a lot of staff eles in PvP for whatever reason don't use anything to keep enemies in their AoEs so they can't actually hurt anything. Personally, I run around and either drop them at my feet (vs Melee) or snare/root someone so they can't escape the death zone I just put down.

PS: if we're fighting on a point it's GG because unless you have no interest in taking that point you'll melt so very fast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a fun little build that will leave people going WTF as you instantly destroy them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyahdHO0WHk

Note that this is not a viable all round build since once you've popped all your cds you are pretty much useless (read dead) the next person that gets to you. But it's fun to play with!
    Valar morghulis

I actually agree to all the points of the OP thread...

which is weird...

I dont understand why they take the hardest class to play and then make it bad.