Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    For dungeons guesting is possible already since you can invite anyone from your friendlist (even people on other servers) to your party. Or am I mistaken? I didn't try it myself but I heard that this should work.
    It works. I tried this yesterday and I was surprised that I could do a dungeon with people from other servers. I couldn't see them on the map till I entered the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep it works, did it yesterday.

Failed promises? More like "Random stuff I don't like".

I think the only failed promise so far was "epic outside battles"...

Vertical Progression.

-No tolerance for bots.

lol!

Ascended gear obviously also deserves to win this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    My big disappointment is how they implemented the lack of a holy trinity. It's not like it's better - it just doesn't exist. So everyone zergs everything and then if you fall because you got aggro and can't tank (because there isn't a tank mitigation ability) you have to hope some kind soul will interrupt their own dps to 'heal' you. LULWAT?

This is not what was hyped to me about the HT. This is not progressive gaming. I've found the game post level 20 to be redundant and grindy. Maybe I have the SADS though.
    I agree with this and probably the #1 reason why I don't log on as often as I would. I loved the leveling. For dungeons, a trinity or quad class system should be implemented. It would be more fun that DPS, dodge, DPS, self-heal, oops... whack! whack! whack!, guys, I'm dying - please - someone pop me a heal - please!!! ... DEAD... run back - repeat - this is sadly all the dungeons. DPS, Heal, Support, Tank makes it easier to design better dungeon designs and boss-mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 was never intended for progression. It is also not grindy, as getting good gear @ 80 is ridiculously easy. If you want to look badass, then you'll have to grind. After all, if everyone looked badass it would break the skill competition. I love the lack of holy trinity because if you're bad, you'll get roflpwned and it's now much easier to see who's skilled and who's not, contrarily to games like WoW where the gear does all the job.

On the other hand, I agree the lack of LFG tools made me leave the game. Don't get me wrong, I love every aspect of the game. But since I don't have a guild or a group of friends playing it, I have no way to get into a group. And yes, the /who function should be implemented. I completely agree. But then again Arenanet folks showed that they were there to improve. I believe in them
    If that is your only reason then that is a very poor reason, of course depends on what time of day you have the chance to play but I find it's only abit rougher if it's very late, there's also that groupfind site wich many says is brilliant hang on lemme see if I find it...

http://www.gw2lfg.com/

There is actually a /lfg option in game, isn't there?

I mean, there's that blue icon next to people's names which signifies that you want to team up, no? It's just not really pushed at all.

To me, the only real failed promise is the guesting. Sure, I can do dungeons with my X-server friends, but random outdoor play can only be done if one of us uses one of his weekly server transfers. It's a band-aid fix which works, I suppose.

the lack of a trinity might now mesh with people well, but that's not a failed promise. They delivered exactly what they promised on that front, imo. It just doesn't play at brilliantly as they had hoped. In explorables though, I find that when playing with friends, everyone is being careful not to take damage and everyone is a healer when the person next to them accidentally eats it. Two of our group of 5 always trait for more condition removal and sacrifices some damage for this. So basically; it works. some people just prefer very defined roles.

There's really no failed promises I can think of. Sometimes I feel I would prefer a more strict role definition, but then I remember the sheer amount of bad tanks/dps/healers I knew in other games and thank my lucky stars I'm playing guild wars.

That you are not actually a dungeon group but more of 5 people soloing while other people tag along. Combo Fields and Heals do far to little to engage any kind of group play. If its off cd, I just place it and forget about it.3 Stacks might for 5 seconds dont do that much. Thats not really what I think is good teamplay.

The combat is sort of not "pronounced" enough. Your abilities should have way more noticable impact on the battle. Same goes for combos. Also lack of resources in combat aside from cd capping I am not sure it's the best way to do it. That's basically it ... with better combat system the game would be godlike. But it is fun to play, more than most other games.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I still remember the time before GW2 launched. Everyone saying "Don't worry! Everything they say will be in the game will be! GW2 will keep every promise they have made, not like other games have!". Oh how the tides have turned.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 was never intended for progression. It is also not grindy, as getting good gear @ 80 is ridiculously easy. If you want to look badass, then you'll have to grind. After all, if everyone looked badass it would break the skill competition. I love the lack of holy trinity because if you're bad, you'll get roflpwned and it's now much easier to see who's skilled and who's not, contrarily to games like WoW where the gear does all the job.

On the other hand, I agree the lack of LFG tools made me leave the game. Don't get me wrong, I love every aspect of the game. But since I don't have a guild or a group of friends playing it, I have no way to get into a group. And yes, the /who function should be implemented. I completely agree. But then again Arenanet folks showed that they were there to improve. I believe in them
    Lol, keep dreaming. Funny how this is brought up time and again, when it just isn't true. Just shows how people like to fool themselves to up what they like. I've beaten fully pvp geared players with my pve gear on knowledge of my class. You can get gear, you can't maximize performance without skil and knowledge. Same thing in GW2 except the gear comes more easily.

On topic:

Can't say I have given any thought to any of your points, my only disappointment was the replay value and the controls. I've been playing RDR on the PS3 regularly for 1 year now and it's single-player with a set storyline. WoW for 4 years never unsubbed, but GW2 didn't manage to hold my interest for 3 months. Even Zoo Tycoon held my interest for 1 year. And the controls don't feel polished and like "I'm there" in the moment, for some reason it feels like movement is a bit delayed due to how the toons move. Only exception being the little Asura, they're very fast and nimble.

Also, the world didn't feel quite as "fluid" and dynamic as I was led to believe it would. It felt very much like anything I've experienced in other games and at times not even very engaging. I still haven't gotten the story behind the Shadow Behemoth, despite completing the zone 100%. Not sure if I've missed a conversation somewhere (I VERY much prefer quest text, GW2 taught me that).
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-12-23 at 12:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Failed promises? More like "Random stuff I don't like".

I think the only failed promise so far was "epic outside battles"...
    I agree with this, with the exception of a lack of "epic outside battles"? I guess it depends on what you want to call "epic". For myself, I have had some pretty epic outside battles with others and some very tough ones on a hard world boss where just a few of us players where trying to take him/her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with this, with the exception of a lack of "epic outside battles"? I guess it depends on what you want to call "epic". For myself, I have had some pretty epic outside battles with others and some very tough ones on a hard world boss where just a few of us players where trying to take him/her down.
    True, mostly in the high-level areas, like Orr with all the Risen high priests. But during low levels, besides some tank-n-spank 5-10 people champions, there isn't much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    I still remember the time before GW2 launched. Everyone saying "Don't worry! Everything they say will be in the game will be! GW2 will keep every promise they have made, not like other games have!". Oh how the tides have turned.
    I think you're lying.

guesting wont ever be implemented. lets face it its more profitable to them to have you always thinking about possibly transfering thus spending money (dont give me that gems conversion crap considering the grind associated with it).

guesting was a PR tool to make their product more than it was. its pretty obvious they cannot do it after what? 5 months and how many months in pre-release betas/stress tests?

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    guesting wont ever be implemented. lets face it its more profitable to them to have you always thinking about possibly transfering thus spending money (dont give me that gems conversion crap considering the grind associated with it).

guesting was a PR tool to make their product more than it was. its pretty obvious they cannot do it after what? 5 months and how many months in pre-release betas/stress tests?
    Since transferring is still free and has been free since the start, why complain about something that hasn't happened (charging for server transfers)?

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the things you're complaining about were promises... And I got all the achievements from toypocalypse and bells with almost 0 coordination...

Now you wanna know a broken promise? Fucking guesting, wtf Anet? Where is my guesting at?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Last night I went and played my little level 10 warrior up until level 18. I killed the shadow behemoth, that's a pretty damn epic boss. Its larger than pretty much anything I've seen in WoW. I also killed some shaman dude out in Nornland. He wasn't very big but it was an epic chain and a lot of fun. And then there's the dragons. Damn they be huge. If it was put in an instance it'd be a WoW raid. Maybe a pickup raid because you can win with 80% of the people just facebashing in to the mob but still pretty epic.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Well, I was hoping the game would be pvp focused with pve on the side. Sure pve people qq but there are so many pve mmos out there so why not use the game to play on the side of the other pve mmos (between raid hours and such)? Sure, I dont know how satisfying wow raids, rift raids and so one are these days but GW2 sure didnt end up pvp focused and pve version seems to be unsatisfying as well so this is how things turned out. Somehow they needed the pve people to pay the man and then it all turned out into some big giggy ol mess and lack of communication and hotfixes leaves us with the game we got today. It didnt have to be but it did. I liked the snowball game but it was just a christmas event. Will take some time and fixes before I return to the game. The spvp community is lost and one might wonder if it will ever turn back. Sure, it's not much competition out there for competitive mmo pvp, but did competitive mmo pvp players hang in there or did they settle for other games out there instead?
    The future sure is interesting to follow, but so far most mmos that lost players kept losing players instead of having a huge gain... perhaps miracles can happen this time?