Deleted

Demo: burn phases

Hi fellow Lockers,
    After several expansions as Melee, I finally ressurected my good ol' vanilla Warlock and for the first time ever, specced Demo. Im having a blast beyond anything I've ever tried with this spec, even thou I find it difficult to master.
    I've read all demo guides on noxxic, Icy, MMO-C etc, but since Im a bit of a perfectionist and want to perform 110% ill have to ask you guys.

I still find it difficult to know when to unload my demonic power and by which abilities?

Question: When I reach 900'ish fury I use dark soul and go demon. When BL is up, I go Demon. What about trinket procs, do I go demon for the entire duration of the proc?

Next question: When im in demon form for a burn phase/BL/Dark soul, do I only spam ToC? Or should I cast Soul Fire when Molten Core procs?

Thanx in advance.

First question: You should not be saving fury for these events. Things like procs and BL are there for you to throw up things like a buffed doom. They also affect things like imp swarm and a service demon. You mastery also affects your spells while in caster form so DS is good for both.

Second question: While Soulfire in general has a higher DPET than ToC in general you shouldn't use it. The reason being that you want to use those MC procs to cast Soulfire in caster form so that you gain more fury faster than you would have from SB. More fury means more meta. The time to use Soulfire in meta is when you have enough fury to cast nothing but Soulfires until the end of the fight or very close to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    First question: You should not be saving fury for these events. Things like procs and BL are there for you to throw up things like a buffed doom. They also affect things like imp swarm and a service demon. You mastery also affects your spells while in caster form so DS is good for both.

Second question: While Soulfire in general has a higher DPET than ToC in general you shouldn't use it. The reason being that you want to use those MC procs to cast Soulfire in caster form so that you gain more fury faster than you would have from SB. More fury means more meta. The time to use Soulfire in meta is when you have enough fury to cast nothing but Soulfires until the end of the fight or very close to it.
    Thanx

Maybe I need to rephrase my question a bit. I did not mean the normal fury burn phase from 950’ish to 750’ish fury. I was thinking about periodes where I should do additional damage and stay in demon form for a longer time. Is that a pure ToC spam or does it include SF with MC procs too?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    as a note meta gains next to no benefit from heroism unless your in execute and casting soul fire. execute is the only time you cast SF in meta, unless you have a burn phase like spine

Me I like to always use glyph of wild imps, although i know it's considered a small dps loss it gives you more headroom.
    For example you can do a full burst for the duration of darksoul with only 4-500 fury if you put up 2x hand of gul'dan fast and pop wild imps, especially during bloodlust.
    And i aint waiting for trinket proccs as between lightweave, jade spirit, cosmos and darkmoon card there will always be lots of stuff up.
    do put fresh doom up with every dark soul.

I only use soulfire while in meta during bloodlust or <25%. Also when you got lots of fury left but darksoul has ended, i find it better to return to normal rotation.